Quinn Build Guide by Karel
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
Hello, This is my first build, i hope it's good! So, I am a EUW player named Dinsdag Mestdagh. Quinn is one of the first ADC's i have mained. I didn't play ADC alot but now Quinn came out, I really like it! Hope you enjoy this build.
Something about Quinn & Valor. Quinn & Valor have great early AND late game, so it isn't a Vayne which is only good late. Quinn & Valor have great mobility, especially with Tag Team, playing as Valor. They have great harras and poke with Blinding Assault and Vault. I personally love her, I hope you also will!
Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage
Greater Mark of Attack Damage
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist
- The Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage is very usefull for farming or poking. In total it gives you + 6.8 AD, it doesn't look much, but together with the Greater Mark of Attack Damage you will feel the difference.
- The Greater Mark of Attack Damage is the same as the Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage but it gives 8.5 AD
- The Greater Seal of Armor is the opposite as the Greater Mark of Attack Damage. It is to protect you from enemy poke.
- The Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist will protect you from their AP Carry late game, in the teamfights. The AP Carry will usually focus you, the AD Carry.
These masteries are based on:
Closer look at the abilities.
- Blinding Assault is unlocked first because if you encounter an enemy champion early game, and you both want to go 1v1, you can use Blinding Assault to win the fight or force your enemy to run.
- Heightened Senses is unlocked at level 3 because it's not too important early game, I think. You only need it to check if there is an enemy gank coming when you want to push tower, and most of the times they won't gank before level 3.
- Vault is unlocked second 'cause it's a good harass and poke and it also gives you a mark with Harrier. Tip: When you're standing close to an enemy or enemy minion you can jump away and use it as a getaway. You can also jump through thin walls.
- Tag team - Tag team/ Skystrike is your ultimate and unlocked at level 6, 11 and 16 ofcourse. Tag team lets Valor replace you on the battlefield with ridiculous attack speed and movement speed buffs and with Skystrike gives you an easy finishing blow to lasthit in teamfights.
- Harrier is your passive and it marks enemies as vulnerable once in a while, it will mark the targets you are attacking, low hp minions or champions faster than anything else.
Pros / Cons
Counters and more
Top 5 Good Against
Top 5 Weak Against
Top 5 Good With
Flash can be usefull to chase down enemies, or get to safety. As Quinn & Valor I recommend it to use it get away and use Tag team to chase down enemies.
Barrier is really usefull on alot ADC's like Varus or Vayne. It's a lifesaving spell and because it's lifesaving very important. Use it when you're playing with an agressive support that can't heal or give shields such as Leona and Zyra.
Ignite ignite can be usefull to secure kills and deny heals. Use it when you're playing with a support that can heal or give you shields such as Soraka, Lulu and Janna.
- Ghost is very useful for chasing down enemies if Tag Team is on cooldown or you just want an extra buff when playing as Valor. I'd only use it in a solo lane.
Quinn without farm is a useless Quinn. So be sure to farm good. You can ask your support to zone hard if needed. Try to keep an eye out for the Harrier marks. You should prioritize Harrier since it gives you more damage to lasthit easier and not unimportant; the attack speed buff. You know you have an okay farm when you have ±70 cs at 10 minutes and about ±130 cs at 20 minutes.
Quinn is a really good harasser. You can use Blinding Assault and Vault to harras, but you may not forget Harrier it gives alot of bonus damage, you will see. When you see their support is going to the river to ward it or you see a perfect spot without minions between you two and their support is on a distance.
When to Vault:
You should use Blinding Assault to prevent their adc to hit you for a while and then you should use Vault to jump and attack. But the fault i made alot was when I used Vault, I wanted to keep up and I started right-clicking to move towards him but you shouldn't do that, she automatically jumps to your max basic attack range. So if you use Vault and you don't move anymore you will basic attack him when u land no matter what (Unless he uses Flash). CC counters Vault really hard (like Power Fist and Rocket Grab from Blitzcrank or Vault Breaker from Vi) and that's why she's vulnerable to CC, 'cause her only getaway gets countered by it. If the target (usually their ADC) allready has a mark from Harrier, then you should do a basic attack between Blinding Assault and Vault.
You should engage with Quinn & Valor when their jungler is warding and their ADC only has half of his hp. You can easily kill him with Vault, 1 Harrier basic attack and Blinding Assault. A support that is able to snare or stun could be very usefull. That's why I like playing with Leona or Taric so much!
As Quinn, you don't want to roam too much because you need to keep an eye out for your farm. But if it's really needed (e.g. a Twisted Fate or someone else is pushing the mid lane turret with half hp). Then you can ofcourse go mid, kill Twisted Fate and go back to your lane to farm
In teamfights you should try to stay behind and basic attack them but then when they're 3/4 - half hp you should use Tag team, Vault and Blinding Assault in this order then when they're really low and feel like you can kill them with Skystrike, go ahead and try it!
As Quinn you should stay behind your teammates to prevent enemies from killing you alone, because ADC barely build armor or hp. There's nobody to help you when needed when you go alone, so stay behind a little and always stay together.