Yorick Build Guide by Mokthen
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hello and welcome to my Yorick build. Yorick is one of my favorite champs, i almost always play him solo top sometimes jungle or even as support.
The build is made the way i play Yorick i might add some more things later about other items that might be viable on him etc. But for now it will stay the way it is.
Pros / Cons
- Counters almost any champ on top lane.
- REALLY GOOD harrass with Omen of Famine and Omen of Pestilence.
- Almost infinite sustain with Omen of Famine.
- If you suck at last hitting then Omen of War can make it easier for you.
- Hard to get ganked just drop your Omen of Pestilence behind you and walk away. (You could even hit a minion with Omen of War to get that little bit of extra Movement Speed to get away)
- His ult makes teamfights a 6 vs 5.
- Rather squishy early game with my build because i get Manamune and Ionian Boots of Lucidity early game instead of Mercury's Treads or Ninja Tabi.
- If you are not fed or atleast not a bit you do almost 0 damage late game.
Skill Sequence + Ability Info
Yorick takes 5% reduced damage and his basic attacks deal 5% more damage for each summon that is active. Meanwhile, Yorick's ghouls have 35% of Yorick's Attack Damage and Health.
Yorick's next attack will deal 150 (+390) physical damage and summon a Spectral Ghoul for up to 5 seconds. The Spectral Ghoul deals 40 additional damage per hit and moves 35% faster. While the ghoul is active, Yorick moves 35% faster as well.
Cost: 40 Mana
Range: Melee Range
Cooldown: 3,645 Seconds
Yorick summons a Decaying Ghoul that arrives with a violent explosion, dealing 200 (+30) magic damage and slowing nearby enemies by 40% for 1.5 seconds. While the Decaying Ghoul remains alive, nearby enemies continue to be slowed by 20% for up to 5 seconds.
Cost: 60 Mana
Cooldown: 7,29 Seconds
Yorick deals 175 (+207) magic damage and heals for up to 40% of the damage dealt. A Ravenous Ghoul is summoned behind his target, which heals Yorick for the damage it deals and lasts up to 5 seconds.
Cost: 75 Mana
Cooldown: 4,374 Seconds
Yorick conjures a revenant in the image of a target allied champion. Revenants deal 75% of target ally's Attack Damage. If his ally dies while its revenant is alive, the revenant sacrifices itself to reanimate them for up to 10 seconds.
Cost: 100 Mana
Cooldown: 65,61 Seconds
NOTE: The Cooldown and Damage done by his spells etc. are all calculated for lv 18 with full items. (Not counting buffs, elixers, auras)
I took 09/21/00 Masteries for the following reasons:
- I took as most damage as i could in the Offensive tree and some CDR from Sorcery and Magic pen from Arcane Knowledge because most of your damage early game (when your damage is the most important in my opinion for harrassing) is going to be magic damage from Omen of Pestilence and Omen of Famine.
- As for the Defensive tree i took as most damage reduction as possible after taking the increased CDR from Enlightenment and the extra movement speed from Initiator .
Greater Mark of Attack Damage
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist
Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage
My rune choice:
- Greater Mark of Attack Damage for the extra damage and easier last hitting. I didnt took Greater Mark of Desolation because most of Yorick's spells synergise the best with AD.
- Greater Seal of Armor standard bruiser runes you will take alot less damage. And because most of the damage early game will be AD i took flat runes.
- Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist standard bruiser runes. I took scaling MR because most of the early game damage will be AD anyway so it's better to take scaling ones.
- Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage the same as Greater Mark of Attack Damage
I prefer this one over Mercury's Treads or Ninja Tabi because you need to be able to spam your Ghouls, without any CDR you won't be able to do so.
This item is standard for every Yorick build! If you don't take this item you will be oom in a matter of seconds and you won't be able to spam your Ghouls. Be sure to take this item early in the game because you want to have it fully stacked late game. (Wich should be not that hard with Yorick.
On its self this item might not be a very good item but combined with Atma's Impaler it will give you alot of AD. And you will get a nice chunk of HP and Health Regen.
The item gives 18% Crit Chance and 45 Armor wich is nice but the best past is its passive. It gives you 2% of your max Health in AD. So combined with Warmog's Armor you will be alot tankier and alot stronger.
It gives a pretty good amount of MR some extra Health and Mana wich also synergises with your Atma's Impaler and Manamune. But the best part is that it gives you a shield every 45 seconds that blocks 1 offensive Ability from an enemy.
If the game last this long you should really buy a Trinity Force. It is such a sick item for Bruisers like Yorick It gives extra AD and some AP wich scales with your abilities. It gives some extra Movement Speed wich is always welcome. It gives some extra Health and Mana wich synergises well with your Manamune and Atma's Impaler again. It also gives 15% crit chance and 30% Attack Speed wich isn't bad either. But the pest part is that it gives you a 25% chance on hit to slow the enemy for 35% for 2,5 seconds and it gives you extra AD worth 150% of your base AD whenever you cast a spell. (The effect has a 2 second cooldown)
As summoner spells i take Flash and Exhaust.
It's a must have summoner spell if you ask me.
It has so many functions:
- Free out of jail card.
- Flash over walls.
- Escape enemy ganks.
- Flash to close the gap between you and your enemy.
- Escape skillshots from enemies.
I prefer Exhaust over Teleport or any other second Summoner Spell because it makes Yorick even more deadly in 1 vs 1. If you use all your abilities and pop Exhaust it's almost sure you will get a kill.
End of the Guide
So this was my Yorick build i hope you enjoyed it!
I will probaly update it in a few weeks to add things like other viable items, items you should not take etc.
My ingame name is Mokthen for anyone who wants to add me.