Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Rammus is clearly back in the meta. :)
Since the early game is so important this patch, I have been trying to optimize RS (Rammus) early clear combined with different masteries, runes etc. I have found two ways to go about it depending on the specific game.
I will only explain one of these since the other is pretty standard I think.
The most important thing in this guide is how I go about the very early game (lvl 1-4). Besides that there is my choice of masteries/runes and build path.
So I will start this guide by explaining the general theory and conditions on which using this build is efficient.
General theory and conditions for using this build
As mentioned I currently use two different ways (masteries/runes/pathing) to play RS.
(This guide is only explaining the one I find original)
1.RS benefits alot from HP and has a pretty good early jungle clear.
Therefore "Strenght of the ages" mastery seems like a good pick to me, making early farming more efficient and you get bonus HP.
2. RS needs some lvl's in (E) to have really impactfull ganks.
Therefore you want to powerfarm early game, not saying that you shouldn't gank!
I would recommend ganking after first back (lvl 4-5) every game!
3. RS gets allot of bonus dmg from his passive.
Therefore start "Hunters machete", and use attack speed runes+ 1 crit rune.
1. You want to scale better and focus on farming early.
2. The enemy team is NOT all early/mid game focused.
3. Your allied solo laners is NOT hard counter picked.
Early game, Step by step
Some important points for the early game:
With this build you are ALWAYS starting Gromp!
With this build you start with "Hunters machete" and 2 health pots!
With this build your skill sequence is W-Q-W-E!
With this build you are NOT ganking before your first back!
With this build you actually dont need a leash on Gromp, but a few hits does help.
(If you are blue side, you can tell your botlane to do a small krug)
Lvl 1-4 step by step:
1. Smite Gromp use (W) once. (Use health pot depending on leash)
2. (Q) to blue buff and use (W), hit untill (W) runs out, kite around a bit, use (Q)-(W).
3. Walk to wolfs, auto attack-(Q)-(W), kite towards raptors,(W) again.
4. (Q) into raptors and (W).
5. use trinket somewhere and do red buff (smite).
6. Base! You have 700 gold (because you only buy 2 health pots!)
7. Buy "Skirmishers Sabre"
8. Kill Gromp (smite it if u dont want to gank top mid just after)
9. Gank top/mid or keep farming.
The lvl 1-3 depends allot on how good a leach you get. Fx: walking to a camp AA then Q-W is a bit better in terms of staying healthy. While the above should make it a faster clear.
After getting "Cinderhulk" and boots you are quite strong. But I would recommend getting as much farm as possible to get the HP from "Strenght of the ages".
Some important points for the mid game:
Smite Gromps when you can.
Kill some Crabs before they get to tanky.
Focus ganks on either top-mid or bot-mid.
Get Mobis early if you are doing well.
Get Aegis early if you need some teamfigting strenght.
Help pushing towers with (R).
This is where RS gets kinda over powered.
With an early "Thornmail" you can solo kill every AD based champion imo.
With this build "Warmogs" is also a very nice item, since you can have 3000 hp quite early with the mastery.
I dont think much more needs to be said since RS is quite easy to play.
HF GL and I would love some comments!