Nautilus Build Guide by Razormaul
Mastery Tree Is Outdated
WARNING: These masteries are still using the old tree and have not been updated to the new tree by the guide author. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hello. I am Razormaul a player who enjoys support like junglers. Such as Maokai Nautilus and Amumu. I am going to be making guides for all of my favorite support junglers, I hope you enjoy them.
Nautilus is one of the support type junglers.He brings great utility to your team through multiple cc moves. I build Nautilus as a pure tank with lots of cdr. Nautilus is a valuable addition to any team.
- CC = Crowd Control=Stuns/Snares/Taunts etc.
- AP = Ability Power.
- CDR = Cooldown Reduction.
- AOE = Area Of Effect, i.e Riptide.
- HP = Health Points.
- OOM = Out of Mana
- AD = Attack Damage
Greater Mark of Attack Speed
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist
Greater Quintessence of Movement Speed
- Marks 9 Greater Mark of Attack Speed I get the attack speed marks to speed up jungling times.
- Seals 9 Greater Seal of Armor I get flat armor seals to keep your hp high in the jungle.
- Glyphs 9 Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist Magic Resist per level is more useful than flat magic resist as you wont be taking much magic damage early game and magic resist is the most useful glyph you can get.
- Quintessences 3 Greater Quintessence of Movement Speed Movement speed helps you to initiate, gank and to walk through the jungle quicker.
MasteriesNautilus. This povides Nautilus with durability in the jungle and teamfights aswell as 5% extra ms.
- Hardiness - Take less damage during ganks and from jungle mobs.
- Summoner's Resolve - 10 gold roughly every 70 seconds adds up.
- Tough Skin - Take less damage in the jungle.
- Durability - To be a bit beefier late game.
- Bladed Armor - To clear jungle mobs quicker.
- Veteran's Scars - More hp early game.
- Initiator - As the name implies this helps you initiate a teamfight or gank.Also helps you get trough the jungle quicker.
- Enlightenment - Cdr is great for Nautilus.
- Honor Guard - Taking less damage off everything is good.
- Juggernaut - Tenacity is great and you get over 100 hp from this when you are fully itemized.
- Summoner's Insight - Lower the cooldown on Flash.
- Expanded Mind - Extra mana lets you stay in the jungle and in teamfights for longer.
- Swiftness - Easier to gank and initiate with more movement speed.Increases clear time.
- Runic Affinity - To have Lizard Elder , Crest of the Ancient Golem and Baron Nashor buff for longer.
- Boots of Speed makes it easier to gank and gives quicker clearing times.
- Health Potion gives you more sustain in the jungle.
- Philosopher's Stone gives nice sustain in the jungle.The gold adds up.
- Heart of Gold gives you a bit more tankiness.The gold adds up.
- Ninja Tabi is good vs a team with little cc and little magic damage.
- Mercury's Treads is good vs a team with a lot of cc and magic damage.
- Aegis of the Legion makes you and your team tankier.
- Oracle's Elixir gives you map control by being able to destroy wards.
- Sight Ward gives you great map control. This is the most important item in your build.
Items to finish your build:
- Shurelya's Reverie size is a great item. It is built from a gold per 10 item ( Philosopher's Stone) which is always good. It provides nice sustain,cdr and its active is great for initiating fights. If you see somebody over extending you can use its active to be in range for Depth Charge or Dredge Line.
- Abyssal Scepter provides you with a bit of extra damage and your team with extra damage from its aura. It also provides some good magic resist to deal with mages.
- Frozen Heart provides a lot of good stats, lots of armor, lots of cdr, lots of mana and a great passive that helps your team out if you're against auto attackers.
- Randuin's Omen is great against teams with a lot of ad champions. It also builds from Heart of Gold which is good to pick up early game for the extra gold.
- Wit's End is good when you are against lots of magic damage and your team is lacking damage. I only get this item if our team is ahead.
- Banshee's Veil is good vs champs like Morgana and Karthus because of the spell shield.
- Force of Nature is an item I rarely get, but when it is really late game and there is a lot of magic damage coming from the other team I may swap it out for Aegis of the Legion or Abyssal Scepter if somebody else on my team has one of those items. It also provides some ms to help with initiation.
- Level 1 - Take a point in Titan's Wrath as this is the best move Nautilus has for clearing the jungle.
- Level 2 - Take a point in Riptide as this is better for jungling than Dredge Line
- Level 3 - Take another point in Titan's Wrath.This is when Nautilus becomes a good jungler.
- Level 4 - Get a point in Dredge Line as you are going to gank at level 4.
- Level 5 - Get another point in Titan's Wrath to start maxing it out.
- Level 6 - Get a point in Depth Charge as this is great for ganking and team fighting.
From now on take what I have listed above.
I max Titan's Wrath first. I do this because it makes Nautilus's clearing time as quick as possible. Makes him tankier and also gives him more damage.
Tip: This move resets your auto attack so if you do an auto attack and than press 'w' to activate Titan's Wrath than you do maximum damage. You can see i do this in the video.
I max Riptide by level 13. I do this because the slow % increases. This helps ganks a lot. The damage also increases making it a lot quicker to do small camps.
I max Dredge Line last. I do this because its cooldown does not go down enough to make it good to level up compared to Riptide. Since it is single target it doesn't do that much damage in the jungle. Dredge Line is a one point wonder.
Tip: Using this spell on terrain is a very good way for escaping bad positions. Don't be afraid to keep using it to get around the map if you are late into your build and have Frozen Heart and Shurelya's Reverie or you have blue buff. Using it on terrain halves Dredge Line cooldown so this means you can get around the map pretty quick even with that very low ms.
And lastly I get a point in Depth Charge every time I can to improve its cooldown and damage.
Tip: Use Depth Charge on a target near the back off the enemy team, preferably the ranged ad carry. This will knock up more people into the air and doing the most damage to the squishiest target is always good.
You need Smite for jungling as it increases clear time and it helps you to secure objectives such as Dragon or Baron.
Flash is the best spell you can take on Nautilus.There is many different ways you can use Flash.Such as flashing and using Dredge Line or Depth Charge on someone out of position,flashing away from danger or flashing on top of somebody to be able to use Staggering Blow.
Jungle Route - Level 4 Gank
Video of Route: Remember I don't get a pull in this video. You will have significantly higher hp and quicker clear times.
- Wolves - Get help from your teammates. Tell them to attack the wolves, but not to take experience.Use Titan's Wrath at 1:32 so it is not on cooldown for Crest of the Ancient Golem .
- Crest of the Ancient Golem - Get it leashed from your mid lane. Use Titan's Wrath and Smite to kill it. Make sure to hit the small monsters with Titan's Wrath.
- Wraiths - Auto attack the big wraith. Use spells when possible.
- Wolves - Auto attack the big wolf. Use spells when possible.
- Lizard Elder - Auto attack the lizard elder . Make sure you are hitting the small lizards with Titan's Wrath. Use Smite to finish it off.
- If you spawned on the purple side you can gank top or mid.
- If you spawned on the blue side you can gank bot or mid.
- If there is nowhere good to gank you can clear the jungle again and than recall, look for a gank or continue clearing the jungle.
How to Gank
Video of successful ganks:
Nautilus is a great ganker. He has 4 cc's at level 6. 4! That is a lot of cc. He also does quite a bit of damage during the gank. You don't want to start off a gank with Dredge Line as it can be hard to hit. Instead you want to use Depth Charge, followed up by Staggering Blow (have Titan's Wrath on during this) and Riptide. When they are getting away, than you use Dredge Line and finish them off.
Tip: Try to stand between your target and their turret so they have to walk through you.
Nautilus's job in a teamfight is to absorb a lot of damage, keep his teammates safe, hit lots of people with his ultimate and to lockdown enemy carries. You want to be at the front of the fight as you are the tank.You should aim Depth Charge on the enemy ad carry as he should be at the back of the fight (meaning you hit more people). If enemies are chasing your allies down hit them once so they become snared from your passive Staggering Blow. You can also use Dredge Line to pull enemies away from your allies. You could also use Dredge Line to pull squishy enemies into your team so you can kill them. Try to use Riptide to slow as much targets as possible. Remember to use your Randuin's Omen and Shurelya's Reverie if avaliable.
Thank you for taking the time to read my Nautilus guide. If you like the guide please vote! If you want more tanky,support jungler's guides I have guides for all of them that I enjoy to play. Here is a list of all my other guides. I hope I have helped!
Nautilus In-Depth (Charge) Guide [under construction]
[S3] Jungle Nautilus by sk1llzn00bz
Nautilus, The Titan of the jungle
Jungle and support without fail! Season 3