Shen Build Guide by
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Redefining Shen: Fighter >
Example Full Build
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Threats to Shen with this build
|Jarvan IV||Steam roll him, 2ez, gg|
If you don't know Shen then go play/read up on him.
Shen is typically played as a HEALTH TANK. This is because Shen's PASSIVE scales off his health, so essentially the more health = the more damage. A Shen generically stack health primarily followed by resistances and lastly rounding the build off with a DMG item and Mercury Treads/ Ninja Tabi.
with this build is it is VERY 1DIMENSIONAL. If built like this, Shen has one job: Peel and E the carry, hoping your teammates will kill them. WASH RINSE REPEAT! Also Traditional Shen FALLS OFF HARD late game as enemies carries will start to build ARMPEN and MAGPEN and then proceed to shred tanks.
I play Shen as a AD DPC SUSTAIN TANK. Think WW almost, just with an escape, more cc and more versatility. This Shen focuses on, wait for it... ATTACK SPEED. Yes, I repeat ATTACK SPEED. Why? Well Shen DMG in his kit comes from his Q and PASSIVE. We all know Shen's Q heal but he heals of of AA's so the more attacks you get in the more health you regain. Also, Shen's passive gets cooldown lowers by a second every time he AA's something. This means the quicker you can attack the more often your passive can be used in combat.
Shen was the first champ I ever bought. Ive played him for 2 years and LOVED HIS DESIGN AND KIT but hated his gameplay. I didn't like it because he is a ninja but plays like a tank. I myself I am inclined towards fighters and assassins.
SO for the past 7 months I've been dialing in a way to make Shen more of a Fighter Type.
I took the bull by the horn and tried it! HOPE YOU enjoy
!!!BLADE OF THE RUIN KING!!!
- You will shred through all those losers following the current TANK JUNGLE Meta with its 8% max health additional Physical damage.
- You can use the Active to pin down enemies and is great for ganks!
- Attack Speed means your passive is gonna proc way more often
Skirmisher's Sabre: Devourer
- More Attack Speed, 50% more, and base 25 magic dmg on hit!
- The longer the game goes the more dmg you will be doing. Farm it up. I typically have around 80-100 stacked up by then end of a hour long game.
- Does MAGIC DAMAGE! so if the enemy is stacking armor you will still but hitting him with the 25+x magic damage
- 20% reduced damage from whom ever you choose and the challenging smite (or mini ignite) is a great compliment to your kit!
- 400 bonus health adds to your passive Ki Striek and the 20% bonus healing will keep you slicing and dicing for days on end!
- When your roaming around the jungle to stack your devourer, the 100% base regen will keep you alive and well.
Pros / Cons
You can 1 v 1 ANYONE with full build if levels are even!
Your Biggest Threat is getting CC focused and BURSTED before you can heal up
with 3.5 k health and high defenses this is not an easy task for the enemy team. This build is to confuse the enemy team. They generally will not focus the tank however they will fail to realize that you are one the hardest hitting tanks *cough* fighter* out on the rift!