Mordekaiser Build Guide by spear2go
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
This is an AP mid guide for Mordekaiser. He is a somewhat tanky champion that can do a lot of damage in a very short time. This is how Redmercy plays Mordekaiser. This is not my creation(technically). This build was created by Redmercy on youtube. I am simply sharing this guide on Mobafire so more people will know it.(Channel Here).Hopefully this guide will help you learn or improve your Mordekaiser skills and carry your team to victory! Here is a taste of what Mordekaiser can do.
Without further ado let's get on with the guide.
Credits to jhoijhoi for the template, which you can find here.
Pros / Cons
+ Big Damage
+ Fairly Tanky with his Passive
+ Big Burst
+ Very Good Ultimate
+ Very Good Passive
- Tough Early-Game
- No Escapes
- Somewhat Squishy without Passive
- Focused in Team Fights
Take standard AP masteries(which include Mental Force , Sorcery , Arcane Knowledge ETC.) as well as taking 3 points in Brute Force for ease of farming early game.
Now here you can fix your masteries to your lane opponent or the other team's composition. You can choose to put your 3 points in Hardiness or in Resistance . Take 4 in Durability for some extra health.
Take one point in Summoner's Insight just for the cooldown on your Flash
- Greater Quintessence of Ability Power: Nice to have some AP early-game
- Greater Mark of Magic Penetration: Standard for all casters to help punch through MR
- Greater Glyph of Scaling Ability Power: AP Per Level to make sure you don't fall off late game
- Greater Seal of Scaling Ability Power: AP Per Level for the same reason as above
Flash: A must-take for Mordekaiser. Great utility to jump over walls when you are about to die. Very useful for avoiding ganks early game
Ignite: Used for finishing off enemies with a little health remaining. Works very well with Children of the Grave
Ghost: Can be used to run away or catch up to enemies to secure the kill
Ability Explinations / Sequences
- Iron Man: Converts damage dealt through abilities into an absorption shield. The enemies have to punch through it first before they can take away your health. THIS KEEPS YOU ALIVE
- Mace of Spades (Q): This causes your next auto-attack to hit and damage up to 3 nearby enemies. This skill does 65% more damage if applied to a single target. This is your big damage ability.
- Creeping Death (W): Increases the armor and MR of you or an ally. This also creates an AOE around the target that damages all nearby enemies.
- Siphon of Destruction (E): Damages enemies in cone in front of Mordekaiser. This skill gives you the most armor for your passive so that's why we level it up first. It also does good damage.
- Children of the Grave (R): This is one of the best Ultimate's in the game. It does a burst of damage which heals Mordekaiser and then applies a DoT on that target(this also heals Mordekaiser). If the target dies Mordekaiser gets a ghost of that target to follow him around and attack.
: Start out with Boots of Speed and 3 Health Potion's. This is for a mix of speed which will increase your survivability and sustain with your health potions that you need to stay in lane for farm.
: AP and Spellvamp for some sustain in your lane. Stacks with your ultimate so that is very useful
: AP and MR. The passive is very good with Mordekaiser. It reduces the MR of surrounding enemy champions. This causes you to do almost true damage if the opponent is not building MR against you.
: Big AP with this item. Once you get this you will be doing some insane damage.
: Gives you AP and 500 health. This can be bought before your deathcap if you feel you need some more health instead of more AP. The slow is also very nice.
- : This is only if you are in a game that goes a very long time or if you are fed. When you get this item it is practically GG. :)
- : Always a good item if you are looking for some defense. This item gives you HP, MP and some decent MR. This item can save your life, It will block one enemy ability every 45 seconds I believe. Stacks with your Abyssal Scepter's MR.
: Xerath is a more aggressive laner. He likes to harass you with his Q. However his Q is very easy to dodge if you know how. First of all there is a red line of where the spell is going to go so it is reasonably easy to avoid. Watch out for his stun. He will throw his W at you and then the Q to stun you. As stated in the Farming section you should hit the minions and the opposing champion, in this case Xerath with your Siphon of Destruction.
- : When laning against Cassiopeia, you should stay back until she uses her Q. Try to bait out her Q and make her miss it. Then while it is on CD, you can move forward and grab some CS. On the other hand, you can just build up your Iron Man and go in for some harass or CS.
Farming / Team-Fights
You should try to get CS and harass your opponent at the same time with your Siphon of Destruction. If you do this correctly you can easily out-lane your opponent and get some kills and a ton of CS
In team-fights you should try to stay in the middle to the back of the fight. Try to use your Children of the Grave on the enemies AD carry. If you get the kill and get the ghost, the AD carry's ghost will generally do the most damage to the other champions. Try to spam your abilities to keep your Iron Man up, as this is the key component to surviving a team-fight.
Mordekaiser is a very fun champion to play, especially if you get fed. You can absolutely MELT FACES with your full combo which is: Siphon of Destruction into Mace of Spades and then Children of the Grave and Ignite if necessary. If you have any comments, questions or causes for concern about my guide, please do not hesitate to ask any questions.
Upvote if you liked the guide, and only downvote if you feel it is absolutely necessary. If you do downvote, please inform me of why, and perhaps I can fix any mistakes I have made.
Remember you are Mordekaiser, and you can do anything because YOU ARE THE HUEHUE MASTER