Rengar Build Guide by DigitalFood
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
|space||Hi everyone, I am DigitalFood, and this is my Rengar Guide! This is my first guide on MobaFire and i have worked really hard to make it the best I could. I would appreciate any and all feedback that you guys may provide.
Rengar is an AD Melee Fighter who is being played as Jungler,Assasin or OffTank. He excells in all lanes expect mid. He has awesome ganks by taking use of his passive and the bushes near the lanes. Furthermore, Rengar doesn't use mana or health to cast his abilities but is limited by cooldowns only. By stacking 5 Ferocity at the beggining of the game he is able to take the Firstblood very easily. Ferocity is what buffs his abilities and makes him so strong in the game.
On every wall of his den, the trophy hunter Rengar mounts the heads, horns, claws, and fangs of the most lethal creatures in Valoran. Though his collection is extensive, he remains unsatisfied, tirelessly seeking greater game. He takes time with every kill, studying his prey, learning, and preparing himself for the next encounter with the one monster he never managed to defeat.
Rengar never knew his real parents, but was raised by a human who was revered as a legendary hunter. He was an ideal pupil, intently absorbing the lessons of his father, and improving them with his uncanny feral instincts. Before his mane had fully grown, Rengar set off on his own and claimed a wide territory for himself. Along its perimeter, he mounted the skulls of his slain prey - a warning to would-be aggressors. He thought undisputed reign of a region would fulfill him, but instead, he grew restless. No beasts in his domain proved challenging prey, and without formidable adversaries to push his limits, Rengar's spirit waned. He feared that no worthwhile game remained, that he would never again feel the thrill of the hunt. Just when things seemed their bleakest, he encountered the monster. It was a disturbing, alien thing, distinctly out of place in his world. It bore huge scything claws and devoured any animal that strayed across its path. Overzealous at the prospect of a challenge, Rengar ambushed the monster in haste. It far outclassed anything he'd hunted before. Their fight was savage, and each suffered crippling wounds. Rengar lost an eye, but the most grievous blow was to his pride. He had never before failed to make the kill. Worse yet, the severity of his injuries forced him to retreat. Over the following days, he hovered on the threshold between life and death. He was wracked with pain, but beneath it, he felt a glimmer of joy. The hunt was on. If such powerful beings existed in the world, he would find them, and stack their heads high. The monster, however, was a kill he wanted to savor. On his den's largest wall, he reserves a space for the beast's head, a trophy he swears will one day be the centerpiece of his collection.
"Prey on the weak and you will survive, prey on the strong and you will live."
Pros / Cons
+ He is viable Top and Jungle option
+ He can be played as Jungler/Assasin/OffTank or even AP
+ He has awesome ulti and passive
+ He has slow/stun abilities
+ He doesn't need mana
- You can easily stop his ganks by warding the bushes
- You can be harassed at the early game by ranged champions
- Lack of escape
- You need some time to master him
- His ulti can be countered by Oracles or by champions like Lee Sin
Flash: We won't say a lot about Flash. It is a viable option which helps you to escape from a lot of situations. If you don't want to take Flash, a good replacement is Ghost.
Ignite: Helps you finish your enemies faster and secure your kills. You will see that the most players choose Ignite for the most roles. Furthermore, Ignite is a great option against healers.
Smite: Standard pick and must have for all junglers. Smite helps you to "slash and burn" the jungle faster and secure the big jungle creatures like Baron and Dragon from the enemy team.
- Unseen Predator: While you are in a bush or stealth you are able to leap at a target doing your basic damage. When Rengar uses an ability he takes 1 point of
. When reaching 5 points of
Rengar next ability has bonus effect.
- Savagery: Rengar next basic attack deals bonus damage and grants him increased attack speed.
Ferocity Bonus: Rengar Does extra damage and doubles his Attack Speed.
- Battle Roar: Rengar lets out a battle roar, damaging enemies and gaining bonus armor and Magic Resist for a short duration.
Ferocity Bonus: Rengar heals for a large amount.
- Bola Strike: Rengar slows the enemy and does small damage.
Ferocity Bonus: Rengar roots the enemy target for 1 second.
- Thrill Of The Hunt:: Rengar becomes stealth and reveals the enemy champions in a large radius around him. He gains movement speed and generates Ferocity while stelthed. Furthermore he is able to uses his passive and leaps on the target.
Ninja Tabi: if you are facing a heavy or well fed/farmed AD champion, you can replace Mercury's Treads with Ninja Tabi.
- Bonetooth Necklace Bonetooth Necklace: Very OP item, it gives you +41 Damage at level 18 + trophies. Unlike the other snowball stack items, with this one you don't lose 1 stack per death but 1 trophie. For example, you have 12 Trophies, you lost 1 and you take 3 assists, now you have 14 Trophies.When playing against Kha'Zix, a special interaction may happen where Rengar can turn his Bonetooth Necklace into a Head of Kha'Zix. The interaction may only happen after Kha'Zix has used all three of his evolution points and Rengar has purchased his Bonetooth Necklace. The first to defeat the other in battle, through either a kill or an assist, is determined the victor and gains a special bonus.