Rengar Build Guide by Anonymous Pervert
Mastery Tree Is Outdated
WARNING: These masteries are still using the old tree and have not been updated to the new tree by the guide author. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hello Summoners! My name is Anonymous Pervert, and welcome to my guide on Mobafire! My intention is to help them to win and have fun with the new champion of the Riot, Rengar.
Describes it when it makes its ganks and when advances in combat is impossible, he does it like nobody, making an impressive, almost unstoppable when Jungler wants a prey.
But it is not only a good Jungler. Their skills and their potential make it also an excellent Solo Top, easily driving away your lane's enemy.
Don't forget, please give your vote up to this guide. You'll be helping me, helping you and also to those who look for tabs of Rengar, so don't forget to vote! Thank you! And do not forget also to comment! All feedback is very useful!
Basic and importants things you need to know!
- It is a assasin! Don't forget that!
- His passive has a formidable: When 5 bonus points of ferocity are acomulated(you get 1 each time you use a skill), your skills got reseted, and you can use one of then, that'll have much more strength! Enjoy it!
- Rengar is very useful in teamfights, therefore, is always tuned to the fighting: you can be a lethal weapon for his team lead to victory!
- Your ganks are fantastic, always use what you can!
- Play offensive when you feel that your opponent is afraid, it is not very easy to stop you!
Pros / Cons
This is pretty much the best on my opinnion.
Unless you want to be more tanky, so you should try 9/21/0, so would be like this:
Greater Mark of Armor Penetration
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Glyph of Cooldown Reduction
Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage
Marks: The best on my opinnion here is Armor Penetration. You can also try attack damage( Greater Mark of Strenght), or health with Greater Mark of Health.
Seals: No doubt you should go with armor. I can't think on anything that would work better for you as Seal.
Glyph: There's not much for you here. The best you can pick is cooldown reduction. You may want to try AP, but i won't tell you to pick it.
- - Your passive is the most important thing that makes you good at ganking. Everytime you're in a brush, or stealth, your next basic attack makes you jump at your enemy, dealing a bonus damage. You can use this ability on the jungle to deal more damaage on the monsters. It's also great counter-jungling, but the best is when you're ganking a lane.
- - It's your most important skill, and you'll want to maximize it before the others(except your ultimate). Your next basic attack deals a great bonus damage, and you gain attack speed. With ferocity, you deal more damage, and gain even more attack speed.
- - It's your only AoE skill, it deals a good magic damage, plus armor and magic resist bonus. With ferocity, it heals you for a large amount, so i'd advice you, when jungling, to use your 5 ferocity bonus with this skill, healing Rengar to stay on the jungle.
- - It's your only slow/stun skill. It gives a nice slow to your enemy, but only for a short duration. With 5 ferocity bonus, it'll root your enemy
- - It's simple and fatal: use at the right time, it is very likely that will kill or assist a death. It is also a great way to escape from enemies ganks(getting yourself stealth). You can also use it to find stealth enemies, or just to chase a enemy almost getting away.
Separated into 2 main groups: The mainly SS's, and other possible SS's.
Feel free to make your modifications!
- Is a spell with many utilities, primarily to go through walls, flee from turrets, and catch an enemy on the run.
- Can be very useful both to kill an enemy, how to escape. As a fighter, Exhaust is better than Ignite, because the target that you choose for slaughter will have a minimal chance of escape.
- If you're jungler, YOU WILL HAVE to GO with Smite.
- Is a good thing, to replace the Flash. Both are used with the same intentions ... Great to early game ganks, while neither you nor your enemies have boots (or when your enemy already have boots, while you don't).
- To finalize your enemies. I do not recommend, but can replace Exhaust. Remember, try to use it to kill, not to scare off!
- It is always good to protect towers or save some ally in danger. So it seems to me useful if you're Solo Top.
These are the SS that I recommend for Rengar. No other really can replace these!
Explanation about builds + Bonetooth Necklace(When to buy it?)
Well, first of all, of course the difference between builds are: one is to jungle, one is solo top. But as you guys can probably see, the Jungle build is more tanky, while solo top is more offensive. This is how usually champions that can go solo/ jungle build. Exemples, Olaf, Yorick, Nautilus. Still, our jungle build can deal great damage.
Now, I want to talk about Rengar's unique item: Bonetooth Necklace. It works by thropies: You gain 1 each time you kill or get a assist. You lose 1 everytime you die.
If you got feed with this item, it'll be just a amazing item, but manytimes it happened to me i won't get any kills or assists, and this item was like waste of money.
So I think it's best to get this item when jungling, because you HAVE to get kills and ***its. If you have this item early game while jungling, any gank, even if you get only ***its, will be great. Now, i usually don't buy it when i'm Top.
Items & Situational Items
The hardest part on making a guide is because there isn't a true build which will work every match. Your build has to be focused on counter the enemy. An example? If the enemy has lots of AP champions, dealing great damage. You shall not buy Atma's Impaler, you gotta buy Maw of Malmortius
Maw of Malmortius
This is the main build, you have your damage from Trinity Force, both AD, armor and MR from Atma's Impaler and Maw of Malmortius, lots of health from Warmog's Armor, and your unic Rengar's item, Bonetooth Necklace.
The Bloodthirster and Wit's End: 2 great itens if you want to deal more damage. The attack speed plus amazing passive from Wit's is something you'll want to have, plus the great lifesteal and damage from Blood, these itens will make your enemies run away from you!
Randuin's Omen and Force of Nature: Randuins is a great item if you don't want to be so squishy, if you want to be more tanky and don't easily die when got focused. Force of Nature has the highest MR on the game, plus amazing life regen and movement speed, can really be helpful, if you really want to be tank.
Guardian Angel: Is valid, if you realize that is important but close the purchase of items with protection rather than offensive items. Gives protection for physical and magical damage, besides their passive, that can save you in various situations!
Frozen Mallet: A good choice, covering well two outbreaks very important for the Rengar: life and AD.
Last Whisper: Another nice item, feel that it is missing AD in your build.
Berserker's Greaves: Is another good boots for the Rengar, bearing in mind that their attacks will be but quick. Is a possible choice, not a drop.
Rengar was basically done for Jungler, and so you won't find much difficulty. But, by following my advice, you will certainly find more easily.
See below, the best route I found for the Rengar:
It is more important for Rengar have the Red Buff than Blue, since he does not use mana. Always look after ganking a lane, better if you do this after "number pair" monsters.. I marked in red the lanes more easy for you to cause any damage on the enemies, and the green lane (Mid) as the more difficult for a good gank with Rengar.
I don't feel like giving a lot of tips that you can already find on many of other Jungle guides around.
The most important thing i can tell you is: To sucessfuly jungle, you have to be on the right place at the right time. Keep an eye on your map, run to some fight, appear when your enemy try to turret dive, these things make all the difference, and that's not only with Rengar.
The most important for you as a jungler is through ganks, unbalance the combat. All lanes you invade with success will provide a gain for your entire team.
As I said, Rengar is a good champion for Solo Top once it has good skills to face other champions of equal to equal. I tested different items, trying to figure out which combination would adapt well to the style of play of Rengar. Finally, I arrived at a result very well designed with these items.
I realized, after testing a number of items, a Rengar ideal will have a better use with these items. With them, you will not only cause a good damage, as will last much longer in the fighting, giving a lot of work for their enemies. I identified with this build, and I'm sure if you follow it, it will identify itself as well. It is a bit expensive, but it will be worth it!
Good friends, end here this guide, and I hope it has helped you as it helped me when I thought I'd do it. Every game that I play with Rengar, I realize more and more how to make this guide and be useful, and if you follow him, will be useful for you too, I'm sure! If you liked it, if it helped you, do not forget to give your up vote will help a lot. And also don't forget to give me your feedback voting and commenting!Remember, this is a work in progress, and I'll try to keep making it better! Thanks again!
Rengar - Nothing Will Escape! ~ Solo Top & Jungle ~
Rengar's Guide to Maximum Trophies! (Top and Jungle)
By Le Pro of d00m
Rengar - The Ghost and the Darkness
Hunt Them Down... And Take Thier Heart! (Jungle Build)