Riven Build Guide by ekanumie
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
The Ultimate Build
this build i went 14-2-13 it makes it so that u are harder to kill from beginning to end and with your damage items your damage should be fine in killing anyone from tank to squish try it out and let me know what you guys think
Marks:Greater marks of desolation are a must-have for almost every AD champ, so i put in 9 of them, which will already grant you 15Armorpen.
Seals:Greater seals of vitality so that beginning game you start out with decent health through out the rest of the game your health will increase which is really good for end game
Glyphs:Greater marks of celerity so that your cool-downs of yr abilities are quicker which make it so that u can spam yr q-w-e-r way faster
Quintessences:Greater quintessence of desolation is a must for that armor penetration so that at the beginning of the game your do 2Xs the amount that you would normally do
After 4 seconds, it teleports your champion to target turret or friendly minion (making it invulnerable for the duration). Can be canceled. This can be used to get to towers by taking them by backdoor and getting items and coming back quickly after low health
Reduces a target's Attack Damage by 70%, Ability/Item damage by 35% and slows its Movement Speed by 40% for 3 seconds. 550 Range (estimate). This is used so you can easily catch up to your opponents and or run away if needed with your dashes
Riven is a skillspamming, damage bursting, melee fighter. Also she doesn't have Mana and relys on her CDs. The Best builds would be 0/22/8 22 in the defensive tree so that she has survivability and 8 in utility so that u have xp+ and don't forget to get teleport it helps alot early and late game, so that u can go back and forth getting items before the opposing team does to get the kill. my runes and items will make up for the damage output try it out.also puting three points in good hands to get you back up quicker to utilize you in fights after your dead, then putting on in exhauste for cd so you can use it alot more same as teleport
first item i get isDoran's blade, once you have enough gold go back and get a health pot and awriggles lantern for early game ganks on you lane plus it gives you life-steal with is a plus. once you have your wriggles and your teleport is up you should have enough gold to get yourIonian boots so that you cool-downs on your abilities can be spammed. next save up for aBF sword that way u can get some damage output and then you can build yourinfinities edge, once you have gotten your edge go for ablack-cleaver for an increase in your speed and to take there armor off with every hit. if they haven't surrender yet sell your wriggles lantern and getbloodthirster that's when you know its gonna be a good game.
- This is your major damage output. It what makes you able to jungle, gank, and mobility. Make sure to utilize it to it's fullest. That includes using autoattacks to gain benefit from your passive Runic Blade. Remember your passive only stacks 3 times. I personally max this first.
- Offers Increased Mobility. Remember to move click after casting this ability!
- Main damage skill, by performing a slash move forward. On the 3rd attack she knocks enemies back. Important to use Ki Burst before the 3rd attack
Broken Wings does not allow Riven to go thru walls.
- This skill is what makes your ganks so scary. Having a AOE stun that early in the game makes you a legitimate force to be reckon with. See a lane getting push too hard, head on up and show them who is boss. While it does provide damage, I tend to only put one point in this. Since I find the stun more useful.
- AOE Stun, it's great
-After some thought, this spell should be prioritize over Valor the increase damage will make jungle faster but for the time being I think Valor should still be the 2nd Spell.
- Valor offers a health shield base on AD and causes Riven to Dash forward. Great for both mobility and starting ganks. I use to max this second. After 1 point you get all the mobility benefit but I really like the increase ability to tank while closing the distance on targets.
-Valor is useful escape or a great way to catch up to enemies.
Valor does not allow Riven to go thru walls.
- Still theory crafting with this ult, early game straight forward. You cast it, do damage, and do Wind Slash if needed. Late game, I'm not sure if you want to rush and do Wind Slash and hit as many targets as possible, or hold on to it till they low so Wind Slash does the most damage possible. Something we all going have to learn.
My Ideal Skill sequence is
Mix in Auto attacks! Your passive Runic Blade only stacks 3 times!
->->->-> 2x-> Wind Slash
BUT, you have to be highly reactive cause sometimes you need to stun right off the bat, etc. etc.
Creeping / Jungling
You should also be able to jungle with this Guide, but be sure to start with an cloth armor & HP potions, which will be crafted into wriggles lantern later and be sold late game to buy the Bloodthirster. Youll start with >40 Armor this ways and jungling shouldnt be hard with Broken Wings and Valor.
The safe jungleroute would be Wolves, Wraiths,Golems -> Base
Blue, Wolves, Wraiths, Golems, Red
Dont forget to use your Wriggles when its up. Good places to ward would be Dragon (the lake in front of it, not the bay) or Nashor (only when in blue team). Just to be sure noone steals your Blue Buff and also to prevent Gangs on those lanes.
Pros / Cons
So what pros and cons does this build got.
Enormous and constant damage
a hot champion with a hueg Blade
youll never be out of mana, lol
Binds & stuns will stop your combos
you'll hate Exhaust. it will ruin everything
expensive items, you need to farm a lot
Riven is an one of my favorite champs to farm with, because of her amazing skills that work together and her aoe ki blast/stuns is extremely useful in farming minions, she can easily solo or lane she can farm enough gold in a game before 20 to have almost all the items listed above, which makes her a great farmer and champ killer
So at least, i hope that Build is quite OK or even good. please tell me your opinions, how it worked out, what i could improve. Also i'm no used to this and still don't know how to use those Cool Skill/Item icons with tooltips, which you can see on most other good guides.
So when anyone would like to help me with that issue, i would be very happy.
Thanks for reading till here