Riven Build Guide by The wind slasher
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Final Build should look like this
Other type of build,which i use more
When i play in lower elo it looks like this
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Threats to Riven with this build
|Garen||Garen is pretty easy despite what people think. The only thing you have to be careful about is his q,which can easy be baited and juked,or shielded. Try to bait it,if not go for it with e,then all in.|
Hello,Wind Slasher from EUNE here. Im a Diamond Riven player,and this is my guide. I play Riven for almost 2 years now,and i think i know about her everything there is to know. I hope you find what you are looking for in this guide,ill try to not forget the tiny details.
I personally use 4 rune pages for riven,but in this guide i present the one i use most of the time. It gives 10% cdr and masteries give 5% which is in total 15%,more than enough at start,right?
I explained everything in Item notes,but ill say something more about it here. You should start with dorans blade,one health pot,core items are the ones for cdr and hydra. Take Scimitar instead of GA as last item if you like to be a full ad machine that is immune to cc. XD You should rush Hexdrinker if you are up against Ap champion that can burst you down or poke you down. When you buy it you should finish it as last item.
NOTE FOR ALL BOOTS:
i usually take homeguards,but distortion is good when enemy isnt even close to your base.So its your choice.
In ranked i rarely take brut,most likely ill go for black cleaver,and go a bit tanky with it. And ill usually have about 200 cs at 20 mins,farm up and pick up kills. Try to tp to bot and make some plays,dont die a lot on lane,because riven doesnt fit the current meta,you will notice that there is much more red and yellow than green in champion matchups in this guide.She will likely be countered every time. So usually you will much more focus on farming than killing your laner,because you wont be able to (at least in high elo,in low you can do it because people make a lot of mistakes that cost them the upper edge they had with the certain champion).Here you can see how i build in ranked games,sometimes i build brut,but only sometimes.
Pros / Cons
-High outplay potential
-Has Decent amount of CC
-Has good combo of passive and lifesteal
-Great burst if ahead
-Great Snowball if ahead
-Not fitting the current meta
-Low HP regen
-Can't return to game if behind
-Low movement speed base
-Hard to engage in team fight without flash
As Riven,its all about team work. Riven can't win game by herself,whatever some low elo people say. If you are ahead with Riven,you can only win by either snowballing otherlanes that are behind (so you should roam a lot when you take first turret,and even before that you should try some TP plays on a ward behind enemy bot lane) or you should protect your carries in team fight,and one shot their carry that is out of position.
If you want to play Riven,you need to learn all about her. Which is not an easy and short task. In my opinion Riven is the most complexed champion in this game,because i haven't seen a champion that can do more than 36 types of combos. So there are a lot of combos,and a lot of Animation Canceling that you need to learn. You have it all on youtube,but ill save you the trouble and give you my own link of my tutorial. Animation Cancel And when you learn it this is how it should look like:
How it should look like in the end
Avoid farming with your abilities when your laner is near. I often tend to punish every riven i face when i see her farming with Q for example. Save that for the enemy,unless you are in front of your turret and you have to farm like that.
Now about the skill sequence,i want to say to this for all that arent confident enough to max them like i do. First max Q then E,that is a pretty standard max order. If you feel confident enough and want to kill your laner asap,max like i do. And of course i pointed out when you should max E then W over Q then W (dangerous matchups).
Tell me how this works for you,and if you have any questions or things that bother you,feel free to ask. Although this may not fit your style,dont bother to point that out,because i am well aware that there are a lot of different playstyles, which also vary from elo to elo.. Thank you for your attention.