Kha'Zix Build Guide by Snsterstrk
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hey guys! This is Snsterstrk and this is my very first guide on MobaFire. I personally like Kha'Zix because of his high damage and on top of that, he's really fun! As this is my first guide, I will be open to suggestions and constructive criticism.
A vicious Void predator, Kha'Zix infiltrated Valoran to devour the land's most promising creatures. With each kill he absorbs his prey's strength, evolving to grow more powerful. Kha'Zix hungers most to conquer and consume Rengar, the one beast he considers his equal.
When Kha'Zix crossed over into this world, he was fragile and ravenous. The animals he first encountered were too small to fuel the rapid evolution he craved. Kha'Zix focused his hunger on the most dangerous creatures he could find, risking his life to satisfy his need. With each kill he feasted and changed, becoming a stronger, faster predator. Kha'Zix soon chased his prey with unrestrained aggression, believing he was unstoppable. One day, while savoring a fresh kill, the predator became the prey. From cover a creature pounced in a blue of fangs and steel, tackling him to the ground. It roared in his face slashing and clawing, and Kha'Zix felt his blood spill for the first time. Screeching in fury, he sliced at the brute's eye driving it back. They fought from sunset to sunrise. Finally, near death, they reluctantly separated. As his wounds closed, Kha'Zix burned with anticipation at the idea of devouring one who could match the Void's strength. He resumed his search for powerful prey with renewed vigor. Someday, Kha'Zix will feast on Rengar.
Pros and Cons
- Decent sustain
- Good mobility
- High damage
- Strong 1v1
- Evolution bonuses
- Is a great hunter
- Takes time to master
- Focused a lot
- Requires clever positioning
- Rengar wants his flesh
Greater Mark of Attack Damage
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist
Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage
The reason that I have chose attack damage marks was because you can never get too much attack damage, especially on a high burst champion like Kha'Zix. The extra attack damage will help you get that much desired edge on your opponent.
Choosing armor seals is a great choice for the many champions in the League. The extra armor is useful in just about every situation. Remember: All champions do some form of attack damage attack, whether it'd be an auto attack or an attack damage based ability. Armor is such a great stat to have.
Although magic resist isn't as desired as armor, it is nevertheless a great resistance to have. Magic damage based champions will not hit as hard as if you were to not have these runes.
Once again, more attack damage is never bad. These will provide more attack damage to help boost your early game. Always take the advantage over the enemy when you have the chance.
Fury 4/4 - I put 4 points into fury for the extra attack speed that it provides. I believe that this mastery is very important to all ad bursts so that damage can be dealt in a quick, constant succession.
Sorcery 4/4 - Sorcery is good because it gives much needed cooldown reduction to Kha'Zix so that he may spam his abilities away and eat his competition.
Deadliness 4/4 - This mastery is self explanatory, it gives more attack damage, what more could a bursty ad like Kha'Zix want?
Havoc 3/3 - This is another mastery that is just as important as ad, damage. This mastery increases your damage by percentage (3%) instead of by a set amount. Perfect for assassination cannons.
Weapon Expertise 1/1 - Although this mastery gives neither a damage bonus nor attack damage bonus, it gives armor penetration. This is great when you build The Black Cleaver and Last Whisper so you tear up their squishies.
Brute Force 2/2 - More attack damage for the higher bursting.
Sunder 3/3 - More armor penetration for more true damage like hits (on squishy champions).
Executioner 1/1 - After leaping in and doing your normal E > Q combo, they should be at about half health, this just ensures you really kill them once they fall below that 50% health line.
Durability 4/4 - Increases health for more beefyness.
Hardiness 3/3 - Armor will help you against all champions, even ability power champions. All champions auto attack at one point or another, armor helps to reduce that auto attack damage even by the slightest amount.
Resistance 1/3 - Magic resist is never something you want to let go, if you neglect it too much for armor, then you will suffer (unless the whole enemy team is ad).
The choice of summoner spells is up to you. Depending on where you are going as Kha'Zix will effect your choice of summoner spells. For mid, I always go with Flash and Ignite for the extra damage and mobility.
The Best Summoner Spells
Decent Summoner Spells
- Teleport ( Kha'Zix is generally a fast champion so he is not going to have that much trouble getting back to lane.)
- Ghost (Due to Kha'Zix's Leap ability AND Flash, he will not need this spell badly.)
- Exhaust (Your evolved W should proc your passive which slows. This is still an acceptable pick nevertheless.)
- Barrier (Barrier can help you in those Ignite moments as Ignite will have to burn through the shield to touch your health, but I think there are other good choices than this spell.)
- Cleanse (Helps with the CCs and DoT effects on you, recommended only for draft pick when you can see what champions the other team is using.)
DO NOT USE
- Smite (This is not a top/mid guide)
- Revive (Do not aim for deaths)
- Clarity (Manamune helps you with mana problems)
- Clairvoyance (You are not a support)
Ability Rotation and Explanation
A common ability rotation that I use when I can walk up to the enemy to close the gap:
Q > W
Sudden burst damage:
E > W > Q
E > Q > W > R > Q
- When Kha'Zix is not visible to the enemy team, he gains Unseen Threat.
- Unseen Threat causes his next basic attack against an enemy champion or Evolved Spike Racks to deal 15 / 20 / 25 / 35 / 45 / 55 / 65 / 75 / 85 / 95 / 110 / 125 / 140 / 150 / 160 / 170 / 180 / 190 (+ 50% AP) bonus magic damage and slow by 25% for 2 seconds.
- Unseen Threat lasts forever until consumed and has no cooldown.
Taste Their Fear
- Passive: Kha'Zix marks enemies that are isolated from their allies. (Mark = Circle around the enemy)
- Active: Kha'Zix slashes, dealing physical damage to a single target. Damage against isolated targets is significantly increased.
Physical damage: 70 / 100 / 130 / 160 / 190 (+ 150% bonus AD)
Physical damage to Isolated Target: 100 / 145 / 190 / 235 / 280 (+ 200% bonus AD)
- Active: Kha'Zix fires spikes in a line that explode on contact with an enemy, dealing physical damage to all nearby enemies.
- Kha'Zix is healed if he is within the explosion radius.
- Use this right after leaping on an enemy for the heal.
Physical Damage: 75 / 115 / 155 / 195 / 235 (+ 90% bonus AD)
Heal: 40 / 70 / 100 / 130 / 160 (+ 50% AP)
- Use this ability in combination with Void Spike to receive heals from Void Spike.
- Active: Kha'Zix leaps to an area, dealing physical damage to nearby enemies upon landing.
Physical Damage: 65 / 100 / 135 / 170 / 205 (+ 80% bonus AD)
- Passive: Each rank of Void Assault allows Kha'Zix to evolve one of his abilities, granting it an additional effect.
- Active: Kha'Zix enters stealth for 1 second, gaining 40% bonus movement speed. Entering stealth grants Unseen Threat.
- Void Assault can be cast a second time within 10 seconds at no cost.
At around levels 1-6 if you are going to use an ability to farm, I recommend you only using your Taste Their Fear ability because of it's low mana usage. At levels 7-11 you can use your Void Spike to farm but not as frequently as if you were level 12+ because of your limited mana regen and pool.
Evolved Enlarged Claws ( Taste Their Fear)
- Increases damage to isolated targets by 12% of their missing health.
- Increases range of Taste Their Fear and Kha'Zix's autoattacks by 50.
Evolved Spike Racks ( Void Spike)
- Enhances Void Spike to fire three spikes in a cone.
- Void Spike will also consume Unseen Threat to slow and damage all enemies struck
Evolved Wings ( Leap)
- Increases Leap's range by 300.
- Causes kills and assists to refresh Leap's cooldown.
Evolved Active Camouflage ( Void Assault)
- Allows Void Assault to be cast up to three times.
- Kha'Zix also takes 40% reduced damage while in stealth.
I feel that evolving my Q, W, and E, are the best choices. Although R is a good ability to evolve, the other three abilities are just better. Q can help you finish off those people who decide to flee from fights and with the help of your evolved Leap you will be able to secure the kill with ease. W will help you land your heals/ranged harass easier. E will help you get into a fight or flee from a fight.
Maw of Malmortius
Zephyr - This is an efficient item on Kha'Zix because the attack damage and attack speed make this a good item for Kha'Zix on top of that, Kha'Zix gets 10% CDR and 10% extra movement speed! If you take this item, DO NOT grab Mercury Treads.
Maw of Malmortius - Having this item is great because it gives you more magic resist AND attack damage. It's passive can also be a life saver due to its 400 magic damage shield.
Mercurial Scimitar - If you are facing hard CC and a Zephyr or Mercury Treads doesn't seem to be helping that much, look no further than the scimitar. I like to use this when I am facing a champion who can stun, such as Veigar.
Last Whisper - This item is self-explanatory, if someone is stacking armor, this will help you shred their armor along with your Black Cleaver.
Guardian Angel - A lot of the time, I will pick this up end game because this is a good item for every champion! This item will make people this twice before focusing you in a team fight.
Kha'Zix is a fun champ, it just takes time to learn how to play him efficiently. Thanks for checking out my Kha'Zix guide and make sure to leave a response. I will update in the future as I am still adding things to this guide.