Rumble Build Guide by F4C3M3LT3R
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
VS. Heavy AP Team
Not Updated For Current Season
Pro's & Con's
Pros+ Lane Bully
+ Easily Maneuvered
+ Strong AoE Damage
+ Great Teamfights
+ Easy snowball
Cons- Hard to Master
- Easily Countered by an Active Jungler
- Overheating at the wrong time can cause death
- If you miss your abilities your useless
- Expensive Build
- Greater Quintessence of Spell Vamp: Spellvamp. Good old Spellvamp. This extra 6% Vamp along with your Hextech Revolver will make your lane phase godlike. Your Will heal you, along with your .
- Greater Mark of Magic Penetration: I basically take Magic Pen reds on all my AP champions, just because if the other team gets MR magic pen helps do more damage. A lot of people don't know that magic pen still amplifies your damage even when the person your attacking doesn't have magic resist.
- Greater Glyph of Ability Power: Ability power flats instead of scaling, makes early game much easier.
- Greater Seal of Ability Power: See above :)
Ignite: is a great ability for any champ. It helps finish off, reduces healing, and most importantly does a good amount of damage. I will always take ignite as Rumble, and usually any champ other than a support or jungler.
Flash: is a great escape ability. Flash is also a good pick for basically any champ, however on Man Mode Rumble I usually go Exhaust/ Ignite, but this leaves you without a great escape.
Exhaust: is the ability I usually take along with ignite. It reduces damage, slows, and can help you really land your skillshots as Rumble easily. This can also help you to turn those nasty ganks into easy double kills for you!
- Junkyard Titan:is a very strong passive. I won't say the strongest in the game, because well a lot of passives are awesome. Anyways, this passive is great. Everytime you cast an ability, you gain heat. When you go over 50 heat all your abilities gain extra effects. Once you hit 100 heat, you Overheat and cannot cast anymore abilities, but your autoattacks gain more magic damage. This can be great, if you use your Q say, and overheat, you can blast the enemy down with some autoattacks along with your DoT from flamespitter. However, if you over heat say when your trying to run, it won't let you cast your shield, and you could get killed instead of getting away.
- Flamespitter (Q): Good ol' Flamespitter. Dealing massive AoE damage, this is your main damage. If the enemy top champ, lets say, Pantheon, comes in to autoattack a minion. You Flamespitter him, then electroharpoon him, and look, a half health Pantheon. This succesfully harrases and stops him from farming.
Danger Zone Bonus:More damage!
- Scrap Shield (W): If you don't take flash, this is your main escape ability. It gives you health along with a move speed boost. Also, you can use it to build up Junkyard Titan and do more damage with Flamespitter and electroharpoon.
Danger Zone Bonus:More health and more movement speed.
- Electro-Harpoon (E): Your awesome slow. It allows you to cast it twice, and the slow stacks. This is great to keep them right in your Flamespitter. Also, it deals massive damage!
Danger Zone Bonus:More slow and more damage!
- The Equalizer (R): A massive AoE DoT damage dealin' champ killin' rootin' tootin' scootin' ULTIMATE. The Equalizer also has massiver range, so its perfect for finishing off low health champions too! This has insane teamfight viability, if you drop it right ontop of them it does massive damage.
|Flamespitter deals massive damage, so that is the first ability you level. Next, Electroharpoon. This slow helps keep them in your Flamespitter and deals damage, so its a no-brainer. Obviously, take The Equalizer at 6, 11, and 16. Lastly, scrapshield. scrapshield is only really important for the speed boost, the shield is good even when it isn't leveled.|
|A great defensive item for Rumble. Getting this on your first time back along with the Spellvamp Quints gives you 18% spellvamp, which works on your electroharpoon and Flamespitter. This gives great sustain in lane.|
|The best item on Rumble. The slow stacks along with your electdroharpoon, and it works with Flamespitter. This keeps them right in the cone! Also, it gives health, which helps Rumble achieve his offtankyness.|
|Basically the best new item for AP champs. The 5% burn over time goes great with The Equalizer's and the Flamespitter's DoT.|
|Great if the enemy team has a lot of AP, also reduces enemy magic resist, making Rumble do even more damage.|
|Sight Ward||The most important item(s) for any champion are sight wards. what?!?!?!!? says the average level 10 player. Yes, a Sight ward!!! These do exist for a cheap 75 gold you can reveal a part of the map! Yeah, for all those players who are aware of a ward, everytime you go back, get a ward. Everytime.|
|Rumble's teamfights are literally Godlike!!! If your team doesn't have an iniatiator like Amumu or Malphite (those are only two examples, there are a lot of good iniators), then you have to iniatite the fight. The main problem on teams in low ranked queue's is the fact that the teamfights are not coordinated. So, lets make a hypothetical team here, so we have Rumble top, Katarina mid, a Nocturne jungle, a Janna support, and lastly a Miss Fortune ADC. Miss Fortune and Janna are continually getting caught in the jungle by the enemy team. Your Nocturne won't leave top lane, and keeps getting killed while trying to backdoor. Lastly, You ( Rumble) and Katarina are trying to pull the team together. You finally get them all mid, but nobody wants to attack. First, drop your ult across mid lane behind the enemies to cut them off. Cast Scrap Shield and Flamespitter and run into the enemy team! This is the fun part. They will CC you to ****, but hopefully your team will NOT be as bad as I assume they will be, and Katarina will Shunpo in there, and then Death Lotus. If this amount of burst doesn't kill the enemy team, then hopefully Miss Fortune will already have used Bullet Time and that would definitely take them out. Basically, the moral of this story is that if your team is a load of wusses, then its your job to iniatiate! If your team doesn't come in quick enough, use your Zhonya's Hourglass to save yourself, and hopefully your team will wakeup and come in. Anyways, in a normal teamfight just drop The Equalizer and then run in with Flamespitter and Scrap Shield.|