Twisted Fate Build Guide by KamikaCZe
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
Not Updated For Current Season
Blue, yellow or red ?
Twisted Fate Build
Harassed by AP Caster
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Twisted Fate! First time I played TF, I didn't really like it, but I gave it some time and I started loving this champ. He has really nice damage and he can harass enemies from distance. He can gang enemies really effective and can escape as well. In my opinion, TF is one of the funniest champs in League of Legends and I hope you will like him too.
+ Strong Burst damage
+ Bonus golds from passive
+ Really effective gangs
+ Can push effectively
+ Counters invisibility (just for a while)
+ Mana sustain with blue card (Now increased)
+ Can stun with gold card
+ One of the best carries with 6 items
- Must draw certain cards for different situations relying on quick reaction time
- Long CD on ult
- Laning is incredibly difficult in most matchups.
- Hard for beginners
- I personally go 21/0/9, because I'm kind of really careful person so I don't need any defense from masteries.
- In offense I take
to give him bonus CD reduction. I don't take
because you can farm without any problems and 5 points of ability power are useless. Next points I put to
. As APC (ability power carry) you need to have as much ap penetration as possible.
is next masteri which increase your ability power.
is good in combination with Lich Bane.
for higher AP and
for bigger dmg output.
- In utility I take Wanderer to increase his movement speed. Twisted Fate doesn't need mana regen from Meditation . 4th point I put to Summoner's insight]] to reduce CD of flash. Then I take Mastermind to increase CD reduction and Artificer to reduce item CD. It's good for Zhonya's Hourglass and Deathfire Grasp.
- This is another option how could your masteries for Twisted Fate looks like. This one are situated more for defense and help you in matchup against aggressive opponents like Diana or LeBlanc.
- It's almost the same as 21/0/9 but at those you put your last 9 points to defense tree to increase your health from Durability and Veteran's Scars .
Greater Glyph of Scaling Ability Power
Greater Seal of Scaling Health
Greater Mark of Magic Penetration
Greater Quintessence of Ability Power
- Greater Quintessence of Ability Power Because Twisted Fate is AP hero, you should take those. They give you lot of Ap for whole match.
- Greater Glyph of Scaling Ability Power Because Twisted Fate's damage is low till level 5, you should use scaling Ap glyphs which don't help you at early game but give you big advantage in late game.
- Greater Mark of Magic Penetration As APC (ability power carry) you need lot of Ap penetration to do higher damage and don't be so useless against tanks.
- Greater Seal of Scaling Health Too boost his durability, I take scaling hp. It helps you against aggressive opponents.
This is just my opinion so keep it on mind!!
V. Skill Sequence
- Pick A Card I take this one first to help jungler with red card, stun foes while invade and then get mana from blue after the whole action. It's also the greatest source of damage for the first level.
- Wild Cards I take point at level 2 and then max it immediately because it's your main source of damage and main farming spell.
- Stacked Deck I take point at level 3 to get a little of CD reduction and for more damage output.
- Destiny Take this one at level 6/11/16 because of lower CD.
> > > > > > > > > > > > > >
- Twisted Fate and his allies receive an additional 2 gold per kill.
- This passive is good for your team as well as for you because farming with Twisted fate is easy and fast.
- Twisted Fate throws three cards, dealing damage to each enemy unit they pass through.
Throws three cards that deal 60/110/160/210/260 (+0.65) magic damage to each enemy unit they pass through.
- I use this spell to harass enemies from long distance or to farm minions. In the late in, this will be your main source of damage. On the other hand, it's easy to dodge, so try to use it on stunned or slowed foes.
- Twisted Fate chooses a magic card from his deck, and uses that for his next attack, causing bonus effects.
Cast once to shuffle the deck and again to choose your card, enhancing your next attack.
Blue Card deals 40/60/80/100/120 (+1) (+0.4) magic damage, restoring 50/75/100/125/150 mana.
Red Card deals 30/45/60/75/90 (+1) (+0.4) magic damage to units around the target and slows their movement speeds by 30/35/40/45/50%.
Gold Card deals 15/22.5/30/37.5/45 (+1) (+0.4) magic damage and stuns for 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2 seconds.
- Great advantage at lane. The blue one will keep you at your lane with full mana. With the red one you can farm and harass your opponent with it's small radius. The yellow one is nightmare for your opponent. It has low CD so you can use it really often. It can save your life while gang or dive from your enemy and on the other hand, it can secure a kill for your team.
- Every 4 attacks, Twisted Fate deals bonus damage. In addition, his attack speed is increased by 10/15/20/25/30%.
Passive: Every 4 attacks, Twisted Fate deals an additional 55/80/105/130/155 (+0.4) magic damage.
In addition, his attack speed is increased by 3/6/9/12/15% and his cooldowns are decreased by 3/6/9/12/15%.
- It's good for bonus reduction and for it's special 4th attack, which can help you a little while early game.
- Twisted Fate predicts the fortunes of his foes, revealing all enemy champions and enabling the use of Gate.
Reveals all enemy champions (including stealthed champions) on the map for 6/8/10 seconds.
While Destiny is active, Twisted Fate can teleport up to 5500 units away.
- Spell, which can secure a kill. It reveals all the enemies on the map as well as the invisible. It's perfect for gangs on the other lanes. I mostly use it for ganging but sometimes I need to escape and this is easy way how to do it, but keep at mind, it's not global and it's CD is high.
I hope I mentioned everything ...
VII. Summoner Spells
I personally take Ignite for higher damage output and reduced heal. Another reason is that Twisted Fate is squishy so you shouldn't tower dive. Ignite can secure a kill without diving.
Flash can save your life in dangerous situations and you don't have your ultimate ready. You can use it to catch a enemy or get close to use your Pick A Card for stun.
- This can help you chase enemy down and run way from danger. You can't fail it like with the flash, but you can't flash over the walls.
- Can be used against aggressive opponents like Diana and LeBlanc again. It lower their damage and speed so it will help you a lot against them.
- This one is just your choice. Keep on mind that most of mid champs has ignite which can counter your heal easily.
- This is summoner spell for ADC (attack damage carry) and IMO it's not that good as Heal. It's barrier only for you. Value of shield is low and the shield is only for a short time.
- It's useless because you have your Destiny
- Even you can die really fast while stunned, it's better to buy Guardian Angel or Zhonya's Hourglass to save yourself.
- Pointless to take this one because of your Pick A Card.
I put just the most common summoner spells which are players using for mid heroes.
- Again, Magic pene which you need a lot. Your should use them in every match.
- You can buy them at the moment you have really big problems with AP carry or tanky champions like Malphite or Amumu.
- Are not really needed even I said that you need CD reduction. There is enough CD reduction from Stacked Deck and Deathfire Grasp.
- You are not ADC so you won't need them + you have your Stacked Deck to increase your attack speed.
- Farming with Twisted Fate can be really easy even enemy wants to stop you.
- There are two options how to farm and get lot of gold. You can use your Wild Cards or red card from Pick A Card to kill minions really quickly without wasting. Another option is to kill them with auto attack while they have low health but just in case you have no problem with your opponent.
- You should have at least 200+ minions per match.
X. Counters and ideal opponents
This one, is really someone, you don't want to meet at lane. She can easily get close to you and then you can't do almost nothing because she won't let you go away. Try to stay in background and just farm and harass her from distance.
This is another guy which is great counter for TF. He can easily avoid your cards and kill you in a second. Just do the same as against Diana and don't try to stun him while he has his Playful / Trickster ready.
This person is just annoying and really powerful. She can destroy you in a sec with her combo and you won't be able to do anything because of a silence. I can't give you any advices against her so just try to avoid her.
Nocturne has shield which can counter your stun and other spells and can easily get to your position thanks for his ultimate. Talon has silence + teleport which is the worst. He can get behind you and you won't be able to do anything about this. Then, you are just dead.
Well, TF can handle almost every enemy which can't get too close to him. For example:
He is the ideal opponent for TF. He has medium range for his spells so you can stay back and harass him as much as you can without taking any damage.
XII. End Notes
More cominng: I will add other counters and describe them more properly. I also add some videos, how to use TF ulti. I'm going to add information about items too. I'm also sorry for some graphic mistakes and my english ... I need to learn how to work with mobafire.
Don't forgot to leave a comment and add, rep if you liked it.
XIII. Change and Guide Notes
- 15.2. 2013 - Basic information and form of the guide done.
- 16.2. 2013 - Some Visual changes, item section changed and spell section changed.
- 16.2. 2013 - Runes changed, added 21/9/0 mastery tree as another option.
- 16.2. 2013 - Added Summoner spell section.
- 16.2. 2013 - Farming section added
- 23.2. 2013 - Item Section added (basics) - Under Construction
- 27.5. 2013 - Patch 3.7 notes - update in spells
- Spells/Summoner spells
- Counters/Ideal oponents