Lulu Build Guide by spoonfork99
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hello there. I am spoonfork99 and today I will be showing you the amazing support champion, Lulu. Before you turn your head away in disgust, take a minute to contemplate on these points:
- Lulu's kit makes her able to divert the focus onto her and disrupt teamfights.
- Lulu is able to fully support her teammates, by either towerdiving or blocking enemy skillshots, and still managing to get away, thanks to Whimsy and Shurelya's Reverie.
- She can turn enemies into squirrels, rendering them close to useless.
+Has an 80% slow at level one
+Can help out from afar with (explained later)
+ Wild Growth is a health bonus, knockup, and slow all in one.
+Once again, she can turn enemies into squirrels.
-Most useful abilities are on long cooldowns
-Mana-hungry-ish early game
-If not building AP, shield is weak
"Pix is a wild Faerie that accompanies Lulu. Pix will fire a barrage of magical energy at targets that Lulu attacks dealing magic damage."
Cooldown: 7 seconds
Mana Cost: 40/50/60/70/80
On Ally Cast: "Target ally gains 35% movement speed and ability power for 5 seconds."
On Enemy Cast: "Polymorphs an enemy champion for a few seconds, disabling their ability to attack or cast spells and reducing their base movement speed by 60."
Cooldown: 18/16.5/15/13.5/12 seconds
Mana Cost: 65/70/75/80/85
On Ally Cast: "Commands Pix to jump to an ally and then follow and aid their attacks instead of Lulu's for 6 seconds. Upon arrival, Pix shields them from damage for 6 seconds."
On Enemy Cast: "Pix deals magic damage to target enemy unit. Pix then follows and grants vision of them for 6 seconds."
Cooldown: 10 seconds
Mana Cost: 60/70/80/90/100
Cooldown: 110/95/80 seconds
Mana Cost: 150
- We take Durability to give us some extra health. A little extra tankiness never hurts, eh?
- We put three points into Hardiness because most likely Lulu will be up against AD in botlane.
- Resistance gives us a wee bit of magic resist to negate magic damage you might encounter in botlane.
- Veteran's Scars is an amazing mastery. It gives you thirty health right off the bat. Very useful for invades or early ganks.
- Wanderer helps us get back to lane faster.
- Meditation gives us a little mana regeneration to counteract a little of Lulu's mana-hungry-ish-ness.
- Wanderer doesn't contribute that much, but is good for getting back to lane faster.
- Mastermind is great for Lulu. It reduces the cooldowns of her summoner spells by a whopping 10%. This is great for making hasty escapes when you already used your cooldowns to help a teammate.
- Artificer is an amazing mastery. Shurelya's Reverie is an incredible item, and this decreases its cooldown by a lot.
- Greed contributes to Lulu's GP10 value, it's the same as having an extra gold quintessence.
- Wealth allows us to buy the starting items we need.
- Biscuiteer isn't all that great in my opinion, but we need to put a point in it to get Explorer .
- Explorer lets us start off with a ward that only lasts for 60 seconds. This is great for checking brushes at the beginning of the game, so you don't walk right into the enemy laners.
- Intelligence gives us some more cooldown reduction. That is all.
- Nimble lets us get back to lane faster, and it also makes Lulu a little faster so she can help out her teammates more conveniently.and it also makes Lulu a little faster so she can help out her teammates more conveniently.
Greater Quintessence of Gold
Greater Mark of Armor
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Glyph of Magic Resist
We take gold quintessences because we're not going to be taking farm from the carry, are we now?
We take marks of armor to give more armor against the enemy ADC. These will help in lane.
We take seals of armor just so we can bolster our defenses against the enemy ADC.
We take scaling glyphs of magic resist because we'll generally only be dealing with magic damage dealers mid to late game during teamfights.
Using Your Abilities
Lulu's skillset is very versatile. Here are some method of using Lulu's skills.
Glitterlance fires two bolts. One is from Lulu, and the other is from Pix. This means that wherever Pix is, the second bolt fires. If you read the description of Help, Pix!, it says that Pix jumps to a target. If you fire Glitterlance while Help, Pix! is active, the second bolt will fire from Pix's location, wherever that may be. This combo involves using Help, Pix! on an enemy and then using Glitterlance. This almost ensures landing your Glitterlance. However, you should make sure you have enough mana for both spells. If you need to land Glitterlance, but only have enough mana for Help, Pix! then the combo won't work.
This combo is used to ensure a teammate's safe escape. First ult them, but make sure that they are swamped in enemies for the knockup to take effect. Immediately after that, use Whimsy on them, followed by Shurelya's Reverie.
This combo is the same as the previous one, except you add a slow on top of it. Use this if the enemies are still managing to stick somewhat to your ally, even after buffing them. Use Help, Pix! on the enemy closest to the targeted ally, then use Glitterlance in the direction of the other enemies, if there are any.
This combo can be used when an ally is being chased by an enemy, is about to be killed by that enemy, and you are just out of range of them. This will get you in range to cast Glitterlance and slow the enemy.
This combo can be used when an ally is being chased by an enemy, is not in any serious danger, but is probably going to die, and you are just out of range of them. This will get you in range to cast Glitterlance and slow the enemy.
This combo can be used when an ally is being chased by an enemy, is about to be killed by that enemy, and you are far away from them. This will most likely get you in range to cast Glitterlance and slow the enemy.
This combo can be used when an ally is being chased by an enemy, is about to be killed by that enemy, and you are very far away from them. This combo is a gamble, because the enemy could be killed by the time you reach them, and you will have wasted the majority of your cooldowns for nothing, maybe even dying yourself if you're close enough.
This is if your targeted ally if legendary, is being chased by three or more enemies, and is about to die. Use this very sparingly.
This is if your targeted ally if legendary, is being chased by three or more enemies, and is about to die, and one enemy was not affected by Glitterlance. Use even more sparingly.
This is it. The whopper of all the combos. You might as well run out, screaming, "burn ALL the cooldowns"! This combo is overkill, really. Very few situations will call for this.
There are some combos that I didn't cover, such as shielding after using Flash and Whimsy. But you should be able to figure those ones out on your own.
Creative Uses of Whimsy
Whimsy is a great spell. It can be used in so many different ways.
- Use Whimsy to help an ally or yourself get back to lane faster.
- Use Whimsy so an ally can get in range to cast a spell or activate an item.
- In the event of a gank, use Whimsy to have your ally hurdle out of the jungle at breakneck speeds.
- Use Whimsy on an allied midlaner before their burst to give them more AP temporarily.
- Use Whimsy on an enemy who's taking your tower. They won't be able to attack it for a few seconds, which can be enough for your ally to come in and kill them.
- Use Whimsy on the enemy with the most CC in a teamfight. This will allow your team to attack the ADC freely.
- With champions with high burst such as LeBlanc or Ryze, Whimsy will give an ally a few seconds to escape their deadly burst. If you time it correctly, Whimsy can be used to break an enemy's combo, like Akali before she detonates Mark of the Assassin or LeBlanc before she detonates Sigil of Silence.
Creative Uses of Help, Pix!
Help, Pix! can be used to do great things as well.
- Absorb the damage from Ignite or other DoT's.
- Use it on an ally who is about to die from an enemy attack hurdling towards them.
- Use it on an ally, then use Glitterlance from afar.
- Prevent pesky Shaco from juking with Deceive.
- Stop Twitch from using Ambush to get away.
- Kill Akali while she's in her Twilight Shroud.
During teamfights, Lulu wants to run in and try to take attention off the carry. You can ult yourself, but if someone more important to the team, such as the ADC or the midlaner is in danger of dying, ult and sheild them instead of you. Even if they die, doing this most likely gives them a little more time to take an enemy or two down with them. You can cast Whimsy on the enemy ADC or midlaner to negate their ability to attack, or cast Help, Pix! on a champion like Akali who relies on her invisibility to avoid damage.