About Me - Intro
As a new player to League of Legends, I want to share an easy way to skip bronze and dominate in silver with an aggressive learning curve. I hope that this guide gets some attention and players can comment with tips and items to add to this guide to help new players. I've never played any games in bronze so I'd like more feedback from those players who are struggling.
ITEM SET FEATURE
League of Legends has an "item sets" tab that allows you to customize a build guide you can use in-game instead of the recommended section.
EVERY NEW PLAYER SHOULD USE IN-GAME ITEM SETS LIKE THE ONE ABOVE TO AVOID BAD ITEM CHOICES
B. F. Sword
- is a key piece to an early The Bloodthirster
. If you have enough gold it is the right purchase
- gives early life steal that an ad carry needs to stay in his or her lane.
- most cost efficient attack damage, can pick up 2 early for damage spike.
Boots of Speed
- is necessary to travel after backing and to dodge skill shots of enemy champions in lane
- make farming not as risky away from turret, give sight to champs that gank while invisible.
- standard adc item to rush. Will put a lot of pressure on other teams lane.
- is a component to a lot of attack speed items that you want to build after The Bloodthirster
. Only buy if you plan on building Statikk Shiv
or Phantom Dancer
- build this when the enemy team has items with armor.
- are the go to boots for the standard adc.
- is the most expensive item you can build as an adc. It can be picked up earlier if you are ahead in gold and the enemy team isn't stacking armor against you.
ATTACK SPEED CHOICE
- Less powerful attack speed item than Phantom Dancer
but also costs less gold. The UNIQUE passive deals 100 magic damage to up to 4 targets which makes it ideal wave clearing. Necessary if your team lacks wave clear.
- basic attack speed and critical chance statistics. Its move through units passive can help newer player's pathing.
- Has a mix of many statistics but is powerful because of its passives. Good on Lucian
that have basic attacks or abilities. Start with Phage
for health or Sheen
for bonus damage.
Blade of the Ruined King
Is used for its active and usually replaces The Bloodthirster
because of its life steal on Twitch
and certain Ezreal
- can replace boots as 6th item in extreme late game because of its movement speed.
Defensive Items are useful when you are getting killed by a champion that can easily focus you in team fights. Another reason would be when a player on the other team is fed, stack armor or magic resist depending on his items.
Gives health, magic resists, and protection from the next ability when not on cool down (25sec no damage). Good against poke abilities or gap closers from champions like Nidalee
Gives armor, magic resist, and a revive passive when not on cooldown (5min).
Give armor, health, slows when attacked, and an active that slows enemy movement. Only good vs. unusually heavy attack damage champions.
Gives attack damage and removes debuffs. Good against crowd control effects
Greater Stealth Totem
1min -> 3min ward, same 2 min cooldown
Better to use an active early than to forget you have it mid fight.
If you win a lane early, not taking the turret will deny gold and keep the other adc from farming close to their second turret.