Dominate the jungle
Threats to Rek'Sai with this build
|Evelynn||Tremor sense renders her camouflage ineffective.|
|Shaco||Rek'sai can counter invis champs very hard with her tremor sense. Melee invis champs have little counter to Rek'sai's peel and dmg.|
Hi there, this is GeneralKenobi, bringing you my second guide, a guide on Jungle Rek'sai. I started playing LoL at the beginning of Season 5 on the OCE server. The first time I played Rek'sai during a free champion rotation was a complete disaster. I had no idea how her burrowed vision worked and I constantly committed suicide by blind tunnelling into the enemy team...I have come a long way since then and I greatly enjoy the type of gameplay and versatility that Rek'sai offers me in the jungle.
I am not a high level player, hence this guide is written purely as an introductory guide to picking up Rek'sai. I hope to differentiate this guide from the others by pointing out the most obvious and important things to note in order to begin your journey of Rek'sai mastery.
The way I play Rek'sai and the way I believe is the easiest to learn Rek'sai is a primary tank/secondary bruiser build. Built this way (with chilling smite), Rek'sai is vastly useful with solid engage and utility even when playing from behind. Full AD Rek'sai is fun, but I find that she can fall behind and become useless without building some level of tankiness.
I hope you enjoy this guide! If you find this type of guide useful, be sure to check out my Nautilus support guide here!
Pros / Cons
- Fast jungle clear, enabling you to apply early gank pressure and defense against invaders.
- Reasonable dueling and attack damage with your Q.
- Gap closer and mobility with tunnels. Enables creative ganks and daring escapes (counterjungle with little risk)
- Insane sustain with your passive.
- Global presence with your ultimate.
- Tremor sense provides OP vision for invading and defense of jungle areas.
- AOE CC with your un-burrow ability.
As you can see, Rek'sai has a lot going for her in a lot of areas!
- Slightly squishy in the early game before your Cinderhulk.
- Outscaled in damage by other AD junglers (hence it is important to tank up to remain relevant).
- Tunnels are easily destroyed which restricts your mobility.
- Limited siege.
8/Feb/2016: First version, basic build, runes etc
1/Dec/2016: Updated with pre-season 7 build and masteries
Go for attack speed, armor and MR for runes.
- Attack speed greatly helps your jungle clear, not just for Rek'sai, it is also viable for most attack based junglers. Rek'sai has an especially lethal level 3 so rush and gank a lane.
- Armor, MR standard runes to fill out your slots. AP is basically useless for Rek'sai (unless you are building a cheesy AP burrowed Q Rek'sai poke-machine...in which case, may God have mercy on your soul!)
- Take tank and AD masteries.
- Courage of the Collosus is very strong on Rek'sai in S7 pre-season. Very easy to proc it with your unburrow. Even more OP than Strength of the Ages was on Rek'sai. You can take thunderlords if you are courageous (I rarely take it)