Braum Build Guide by Sealninja5
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
Threats to Braum with this build
|Bard||Don't be scared of this match-up. This is a very easy matchup. Constantly engage on him early game, HE CAN'T TAKE YOUR ABS. Bard is very passive and does not offer a lot to a fight early game. He will use his meeps and cosmic binding to keep you at bay. Be careful of Bard's ult, tempered fate, with the right timing can cancel your engage. He'll walk away while your spells are on cooldown. Fight him early, rack up the easy kills and attempt to snowball.|
Introduction to Braum
Braum is a support tank with a very team viable ult. His higher hp and armor allow him to not only offer valuable amounts of cc to the enemy team, but also soak up burst damage thrown from heavy mages and assassins. Braum's most important trait is his ability to protect his ADC. In comparison to every other tank/support in the game, Braum has potentially the most defensive kit in the game. His ability to intercept incoming projectiles make him ideal for any team composition.
Pros / Cons
|+ Very Tanky
+ Great Ult for Team fights with Glacial Fissure
+ Can Save lives with Stand Behind Me + Unbreakable
+ Your lord and savior
+ Stun for every champion (Peels)
+ Good protection and resistances for ADCs Stand Behind Me
Spoiler: Click to view
|+ Can be kited
+ Limited gap closer
+ Needs good reflexes with Unbreakable
+ Long cooldowns
+ Low Movement Speed
Spoiler: Click to view
0/30/0 is, in my opinion, the best way to play Braum. Masteries such as Tenacious , Swiftness , and Oppression allow extra tenacity to get away from sticky situations and take movement impairing abilities for your team. Other masteries such as Perseverance and Second Wind give a good amount of health regen that will help you when your team needs you in fights repeatedly.
This is another option for masteries but offers more utility to your build. These masteries offer a little more passive gain while keeping the tank aspect of your masteries. Fleet of Foot + Phasewalker combo can get you to and from lane much quicker, making it a super-beneficial thing to have.
Greater Mark of Armor
Greater Seal of Scaling Health
Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist
Greater Quintessence of Health
- Greater Quintessence of Gold- Any support can use extra gold income, without farming minions for gold most supports fall behind on expensive items. The increase of gold aides when you're building for more costly items. More items means more tank which means more wins.
- Greater Seal of Mana Regeneration- As Braum you do a lot of poking with your Winter's Bite, in doing so you consume a large portion of your mana. With these runes it makes it easier to poke because of the increased mana regen.
- Greater Mark of Attack Damage- You spend a lot of time basic attacking, whether you're landing your passive or engaging in a fight you spend a large portion of time basic attacking. All your spells do magical damage but your basics do physical damage. This adds a little more kick to your attacks, especially when your passive is proc'd.
- Greater Glyph of Cooldown Reduction- Braum is very dependent on his abilities, since he uses his Winter's Bite so often to keep people within his attack range, low cooldowns allow easier kills.
Skill Sequence and Abilities
Concussive blows: Braum's attacks start Concussive Blows. Allied champion's basic attacks (including his own) and Winter's Bite apply stacks of concussive blows. When it reaches 4 stacks, the enemy is stunned for a duration of time. Once they've been stunned they will not be afflicted by concussive blows for a few seconds. Instead, Braum's basic attacks deal bonus magic damage.
A good tip for this ability is to use it on as many people as possible in a team fight. Although it can't be used on the same person repeatedly, it can begin on more than one person at one time.
Braum propels ice at an enemy, targets hit are slowed and given one stack of concussive blows. This is your poke and your engage, use this in lane to poke your enemies down. This is also a good disengaging tool, use it to slow your enemies to delay their pursuit.
- // Use this to poke safely in lane but do not spam or else your mana will deplete quickly.
- // Using your Q after your ult quickly allows you to begin Concussive Blows while your enemies are slowed.
- // You can use your Q while your shield is up, don't be afraid to engage if enemies blow their abilities on your shield.
Stand Behind Me:
Braum leaps in front of an ally giving him and the targeted ally, bonus armor and magic resist. This can be used as a gap closer by jumping to minions and allies to get closer or further away from your opponents.
- // Using your shield before you leap will cause you to block enemy projectiles as you land. Doing this sometimes puts your team in a better fighting position.
- // Use this to get over walls whenever a fight is about to break out, if your ADC is in a poor spot, you're most likely able to help.
Braum raises his shield, causing Braum to INTERCEPT (not neglect) incoming projectiles. Braum will only negate the damage of the first projectile. Any other projectiles will be absorbed at a reduced rate.
- //Use this ability to shield off your ADC from assassins and the other ADC.
- //Well timed shields can block any projectile and ultimates such as Veigar's Primordial Burst and Nami's Tidal Wave
Glacial Fissure: Braum jumps into the air and slams the ground, creating a fissure that knocks up and slows enemies. Glacial Fissure knocks up any enemy in basic attack distance Braum for 1.5s and enemies in the line for .25s. If no champion is around him, the first champion hit by the fissure will be knocked up for 1.5s.
- // Use this during team fights to disrupt enemy ultimates and turn, disengage or engage fights.
- // This is a great 2v2 ult in the bot lane, using stand behind me, winter's bite and finishing with glacial fissure allows easy engages that disables their ADC completely allowing your ADC to keep them stunned and unable to fight. Put up your shield to block off any extra damage and peel for your ADC.
|Tenacity is the main point of getting these boots. They're the best for tanking and breaking through crowd control to the enemy team's backline.|
|Face of the Mountain is a great item for its shield and HP. The gold income is great but the shield is even greater. The shield ensures protection for your ADC and allows you to take more hits. In lane and in fights, it can potentially be a game changer.|
|Core item for any support, wards win games.|
|I prefer getting Frozen Heart before Randuin's Omen because if your enemy team is smart, they won't focus you but you can still slow their attack speed. This item also includes a good portion of CDR and armor which are great stats to have on Braum.|
|Magic resistance and a shield for your team makes it important to you and the team's livability.|
|Armor? Health? A shield for your shield? Oh my..|
You are now fully trained in the art of Braum. Good Luck on the Fields of J
Thanks for reading my guide
Any questions or criticism leave it in the discussion and I'll read it as soon as I can!