Burst Mage Build
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Threats to Malphite with this build
|Jax||If he walks up for a Counter Strike, just kite with your Seismic Shard. Let him push to your tower freeze the lane and watch him cry from not being able to farm!|
|Tryndamere||If he Spinning Slash on to you cast your Ground Slam and Seismic Shard and Laugh at his lack of killing power!|
|Nasus||(Thanks to Sirchez I see this all the time) Easy lane you can't kill each other. And all he want's to do is play passive early because hes stacking! So ask for a few early ganks to push his late game stacks back a bit and try and catch him off guard with a burst combo!|
Welcome to my Mobafire guide on Malphite. I find Malphite to be quite fun with his burst damage from his combo! Although having to wait for his ult and one wrong ult and you well find yourself blowing all your load with nothing to show for it. Furthermore, correct or incorrect use of his ultimate, Unstoppable Force , can cause you to ether win you or lose the game.
Unstoppable Force > Ground Slam > Seismic Shard > Brutal Strikes
Seismic Shard -Q max this after your Ground Slam although it does scale better I find the lower mana cost effective for early game poking!
Brutal Strikes -W max this last! Just activate it when you go all in with your ult!
Ground Slam -E max this after Unstoppable Force. Its low mana cost, GREAT wave clear and a HUGE attack speed slow. (Can destroy most melee champions with this)!
Unstoppable Force -R max this first when you can. One of the best CC's in the game if you don't whiff it!
Your all in Combo should be activating Brutal Strikes into Unstoppable Force then Seismic Shard (So the can't run away) followed up with a Ground Slam. After all that you enjoying the fact you just wrecked their back line! Clean up the rest of their team with Seismic Shard and Ground Slam and get ready for them to /ff! XD
- Sapphire Crystal: Really good for an early rush on Catalyst! (Best buy for "Low threat lanes")
- Refillable Potion: Great item for saving gold (Not having to waste money on 5-10 potions)
- Doran's Ring: Health Granite Shield, Ability Power, Mana Regen and mana on unit kill! Whats not to love about this item! (Get for mild and high threat lanes)
- Corrupting Potion: I start this item in lanes against people I want to out sustain their poke! (Get for mild and high threat lanes)
If you can buy a Catalyst first back. If your having a rough time in lane look at these other options!
Catalyst the Protector
- Catalyst the Protector: Health Granite Shield, Mana and an on level Health and Mana sustain! (whats not to LOVE about it!?!?!?)
- Chalice of Harmony: Great against AP champs that are poking you , Also Malphite has ridiculous mana costs so it really a nice and cheap source of mana if you finding yourself running low often!
- Haunting Guise: Health Granite Shield, Ability Power and sweet! ooh so SWEET!! Magic Penetration! Magic penetration is SO good on Malphite (If you find yourself able to buy and you feel like you can snowball get this item)
- Boots of Speed: Move faster to dodge Infected Cleaver
Should be finishing off the Rod of Ages and working on towards more resist and/or more Magic Penetration!
- Rod of Ages: Health Granite Shield, Mana, Ability Power, an on level Health and Mana sustain! (Gives great lane sustain "what Malphite is missing" and after ten minutes 500 Health MOAR Granite Shield, 800 mana and 120 Ability Power! "Whats there not to love about this item?!??!?!?!!?")
- Sorcerer's Shoes: Move faster + spells hit harder = win
- Athene's Unholy Grail: Ability Power, Cooldown Reduction, CRAZY GOOD Mana Regen AND a unique restore 30% on kill or assist! (Was this item made for Malphite!?!?).
- Abyssal Scepter: This is a great item against an Ability Power/Magic Resist heavy enemy team and works well if you have another heavy magic damage dealer such as etc...
- Zhonya's Hourglass: Ability Power, Armor and a great active ability to use after your full combo to wait for your cooldowns!
- Luden's Echo: Ability Power, Movement speed and at 100 charges it does 100+10% of your ability power on spell cast.... (did someone say BURST DAMAGE?!??)
Swap these items in if your feeling frisky!
- Rabadon's Deathcap: Get this item in situations were you don't need Abyssal Scepter, Because someone on your team has it or the other team isn't running a triple Ability Power team also not build magic resist!
- Liandry's Torment: Get this item in situations were someone on your team has an Abyssal Scepter and you need more Health Granite Shield and Magic Penetration!
- Lich Bane: Get this item in situations were you find that mana you get from Athene's Unholy Grail isn't really helping very much and you want a little bit more burst damage in team fight!
- Banner of Command: Get this item in situations were someone on your team has an Abyssal Scepter and you need more Health Granite Shield, Magic Resist plus the active is not that bad when you are laying siege on a tower and want the enemy ADC to come just a bit closer into your COMBO range! :)
- Void Staff: Get this item in situations were someone on your team has an Abyssal Scepter and you need MOAR MAGIC PENETRATION...
- Thornmail: Get this item in situations were the enemy team is running a FULL Attack Damage team! If no one on your team is going to get Abyssal Scepter keep working towards it and instead DROP the Athene's Unholy Grail
Thank you for visiting and reading my guide. I hope that you learned something about Malphite and that it will help you towards your goal of instant BURSTING the enemy teams carrys!! :D
If you have any suggestions, advice, or questions, feel free to leave me a comment here or message me.