Jinx Build Guide by StealthHD
Not Updated For Current Season
Jinx Classic Item Build
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Threats to Jinx with this build
|Ashe||Ensure you try to minimize her poke by standing back as much as possible in lane, be wary of her Ultimate since it's quite difficult to dodge it without a mobility spell. Otherwise this match up is fairly easy, your raw damage output greatly exceeds hers.|
|Jinx is a heavy scaling Attack Damage Carry with the ability to deal exponential amounts Area of Effect damage, coupled with her amazing Range, Attack Speed and Clean-up potential she is one of the strongest ADC's around.|
Hi my name's Stealth! I go by the name Stelfalador (Previously: StealthHD) and I play on EUW.
I am 16 years old and reside in the United Kingdom
I have been playing League of Legends for around 6-7 months now.
I recently have entered the League of Legends scene coming from a Dota 2 background.
My Vayne Guide
My OP.GG Profile
My Dotabuff Profile
This is my second guide on the Mobafire guides and I hope this guide lives up to the quality and standard of the others here on Mobafire.
This guide will hopefully teach some newer Jinx players, and allow them to have a better experience when playing her, she is a relatively easy champion to pick up, but a difficult champion to master, making effective use of her Switcheroo! is paramount to playing Jinx
I am no where near perfect with Jinx and I acknowledge this, however I have done a lot of research and read a lot of guides to help me improve my game, and hopefully through my insight and knowledge I can help you improve yours as well.
|+ Area of Effect Attack Damage that can Critically Strike
+ Highest Attack-Speed Steroid in the Game
+ Global Ultimate Execute
+ Able to easily clean-up team-fights
+ Able to check bushes with Zap!
+ Potent Poke Potential (Love the usage of alliteration)
+ Good Zoning Potential
|- No Reliable Escape Mechanism
- No Reliable Crowd Control
- Difficult To Master
- Mana problems if not used efficiently
- Annihilated By Strong Burst Heroes Such As Annie and LeBlanc
Flash is almost a necessity on all ADC's, especially on Jinx who lacks a reliable re-positioning spell.
Generally this should be your other Summoner Spell as it provides a much needed Heal and movement speed buff in sticky situations.
Consider Barrier if the enemy team consists of high damage nukers such as LeBlanc, Graves, Veigar etc.
Take Cleanse if you're against an enemy team with lots of Crowd Control such as Leona, Ashe, Amumu etc. However I rarely take this unless they have multiple forms of CC.
There's not much originality between Jinx builds, this is the most effective way to level her, it's quite obvious as Switcheroo! gives Jinx significant bonus Attack Range and Attack Speed per level. Zap! is maxed second as it provides a helpful slow and deals considerable amounts of damage, we max Super Mega Death Rocket! like all ultimates whenever possible, we max Flame Chompers! last as it provides the same crowd control effect at all levels, and only deals magic damage, albeit a pretty hefty base amount.
Tips and Tricks
Tips and Tricks for Jinx's abilities
- Fishbones gives more range than Pow-Pow, so use it to farm safely and attack safely.
- Pow-Pow deals more single-target DPS than Fishbones, use Pow-Pow if you are killing single units.
- Fishbones can critically strike in an Area of Effect, Use this in teamfights when enemies are grouped.
- Use Fishbones to harass in lane as it can deal splash damage off of minions.
- The first attack with Fishbones after using Pow-Pow will be granted the attack speed of Pow-Pow's stacks.
- Zap! has a significant channel time, try and predict your enemies movement.
- Zap! will reveal units for 2 seconds, use this to check Dragon, Baron and Bushes.
- Zap! Slows an enemy if hit, use this when chasing or kiting.
- Flame Chompers! can root up to three enemies, but one enemy cannot be rooted more than once.
- Flame Chompers! has no cast time, so you can use it while moving without stopping.
- Flame Chompers! only roots enemies, it does not stun them, they can use abilities and auto-attacks.
- Flame Chompers! can block entire escape and chase roots in the jungle, make sure to place them appropriately in confined areas.
Super Mega Death Rocket!
- Super Mega Death Rocket! deals more damage the more it travels up to maximum of 200% damage.
- Super Mega Death Rocket! deals more damage based upon the targets missing health, use Super Mega Death Rocket! as an execution rather than an initial burst.
- Super Mega Death Rocket! deals Area of Effect damage, make sure to aim it at multiple enemies in a crowded teamfight.
- Super Mega Death Rocket! is global, keep an eye out for other lanes to see if you can snipe any enemies.
The type of laning support that Jinx requires and doesn't work well with are organised into 3 main categories:
-Lane Bully Supports
There are more than these 3 categories, but I will only be covering what I believe to be the main 3.
Jinx is a very versatile and flexible Marksman, she can fit into many different team-compositions and work wonders, of course some will work better than others.
Great Synergy 10/10 (Engage Support, Disengage Support)
Thresh works wonders with Jinx, with a combination of his good engage/disengage abilities he allows Jinx to produce optimum damage output with his various crowd control abilities, he allows Jinx to escape with relative ease with his Dark Passage and this is especially important for Jinx as she lacks any hard mobility. The Box is especially good as it allows Jinx to use her kit effectively versus multiple enemies, for example using Super Mega Death Rocket! and Flame Chompers! to deal damage to multiple enemies should be of relative ease when they are slowed in The Box.
Great Synergy 9/10 (Sustain Support, Engage Support, Disengage Support)
Nami is an excellent example of a "jack-of-all-trades" with her coherent ability to sustain and engage/disengage, Jinx's Flame Chompers! allow nami to land easy Aqua Prisons this is also reciprocated the other way. The heal as well as poke from Ebb and Flow allow jinx to sustain farm in lane as well as well as doing some adequate damage to the enemy. The slow from Tidecaller's Blessing is a massive benefit to Jinx as she can quickly make use of it with her Pow-Pow attack speed steroid.
Great Synergy 9/10 (Sustain Support, Disengage Support)
Janna allows Jinx to safely farm with relative ease, as her disengage Howling Gale and Monsoon are excellent at deterring the enemy from getting close to Jinx who lacks any mobility. Her shield Eye Of The Storm is great for Jinx as the bonus Attack Damage it provides allows Jinx to make effective use of both Pow-Pow and Fishbones when deciding to either dish out insane single target DPS, or ridiculous amounts of Area of Effect Damage.
Good Synergy 8/10 (Engage Support)
Leona is a powerful Initiator/All-in support which Jinx does exceptionally well at in most instances, her powerful Crowd Control abilities allow Jinx to freely deal consistent damage whilst taking relatively small retaliation. This is especially true whenever Leona is able to use her ultimate Solar Flare on multiple enemies, allowing Jinx to make full use of her Fishbones AoE splash and Super Mega Death Rocket!.
Good Synergy 7/10 (Lane bully Support, Sustain Support)
Sona is very good at dealing consistent amounts of poke damage and healing allies, her ultimate Crescendo is much like Solar Flare allowing Jinx to utilize her abilities to maximum potential with little risk of failure. However one major factor that deters Sona from being even higher is her relative squishy nature which is not entirely suitable for Jinx as she needs a support who can easily peel for her, which Sona lacks the stats to do so.
Moderate Synergy 6/10 (Sustain Support)
Although Soraka grants a lot of sustain, she lacks any form of kill/nuke potential.
However this isn't necessarily a bad thing as Jinx provides enough damage with her kit anyways, she needs someone to allow her to continue dealing damage. Soraka is good at doing this however if either Soraka or Jinx get ganked or caught in lane, there is not much they can do for each other if they are bursted down. Soraka excels at extended fights where the enemy lacks the potential to kill either player instantaneously, this most likely isn't the case as they both lack any escape potential.
Moderate Synergy 6/10 (Engage Support)
Blitzcrank is a heavy initiate and burst support, it all depends if he is able to land Rocket Grab or not, if he is able to he is very good with Jinx, as he allows her to deal significant damage and burst down the enemy, as they are unlikely to escape with the combination of Crowd Control that Power Fist and Flame Chompers! provide. However in Solo Queue most Blitzcranks are unreliable and that's why I can't rate him as highly as I would like to.
Teamfights and Dueling
Jinx is an excellent team-fighter and a somewhat coherent duelist.
She can deal a lot of single target damage thanks to her attack speed buff from Switcheroo!, she can also deal a whole ton of Area of Effect damage thanks to Switcheroo!. Knowing when to use Pow-Pow or Fish-Bones is key to team-fighting and dueling
In teamfights your goal is to deal as much damage as possible to the enemy team in the shortest amount of time possible.
Jinx doesn't have any innate escape mechanisms so she relies heavily on good positioning.
- A common misconception for ADC players is to try and focus one particular enemy all the time.
- As an ADC you should be looking to deal damage to whoever you can in the safest way possible.
- You should be able to achieve this by having your bruisers and tanks in the front line almost acting as a shield for you.
- Remember Fish-bones has a much larger Attack Range than Pow-Pow so whenever you feel threatened or an enemy is out of reach with Pow-Pow, switch. Similarly if you want to deal more single target damage switch Fish-bones for Pow-Pow.
- Try and land your Flame Chompers! on multiple enemies, as you can easily focus them down whilst they're rooted.
Jinx can easily 1v1 many ADCs as long as you play it correctly, make efficient use of the attack speed you get from Pow-Pow and try to root them with flame chompers you should easily be able to kill someone faster as long as you don't get bursted or stunned.
- Always try and land your Flame Chompers!.
- Maximise your Super Mega Death Rocket! damage by using it as an execution, rather than initiation burst.
- Remember to use Pow-Pow's attack speed increase and Fish-bones auto-attack range increase to your advantage.
- Try and dodge any skill shots if possible, getting stunned almost always means death.
Thank you for taking the time to read my guide!
I hope you found something useful and that you can use to help you improve your game!
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask!
I found all my banners and photos using google and all credit goes to the respected owners of the work.
Thank you to all the other MOBAFIRE guide makers for helping me with information and layout design!