Cassiopeia Standard Mid lane g
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Welcome to my guide on Cassiopeia. Cassiopeia is a hard, yet really rewarding champion. She is easily the highest DPS caster in the game making her do a lot of over time damage that the enemy would not expect from such a underrated champion. She is difficult to a sense where most people will easily dodge her abilities, mainly speaking of Noxious Blast but if you land Noxious Blast they will be locked down really hard and throwing down a couple Twin Fang will do the trick. Cassiopeia is known to single-handedly carry games and can be the core of your team.
I have come up with the item sets, runes, masteries, and ability sequence to help you play Cassiopeia. Many people got lost after the rework of Cassiopeia It was a pretty drastic change with her Miasma and passive. This guide will teach you about how to utilize the new rework into your gameplay.
Pros & Cons
- Highest DPS this makes her enemies take immense more damage if they try to trade with her.
- Really great utility kit Her Petrifying Gaze, Miasma can lock down the whole entire enemy team and can easily win you the game with 1 combo.
- Outstanding 1v2 potential
- Really good phases Cassiopeia scales hard and also does a lot of damage early
- Takes down Epic's easily Melt baron and Dragon.
- Highly benefits from Buffs Red: brings extra DPS, Blue: more mana
ALL Drags are beneficial to her a lot. (Ex. Air drake = movement speed she lacks)
- Needs better positioning
- Mana conservation early Starting with Noxious Blast could be a problem but if you start of with Twin Fang and try not to trade early it will keep her sustained
- No clean escapes Her two escapes are usually a good Petrifying Gaze or her Miasma without counting her Flash. However, Miasma has a certain range where you can't place directly under you so you have to play towards your side.
- Relies a lot on landing skill shots.
Cassiopeia is a great utility pick and is actually pretty strong especially with her DOT. You do a lot during team fights so keeping in the back line is probably your safest bet. If you die in a team fight your team can lose a lot of their potential damage without your utility and can lose you a game. She also melts tanks with her DOT and is really strong to have in your team. The problem with Cassiopeia is she lacks mobility she gains around 4 movement speed per level so getting an air drake or a movement speed item will be beneficial because she can't buy boots.
Cassiopeia gains Movement Speed per level, but she cannot purchase Boots items.
Cost: 60/65/70/75/80 Mana
Cassiopeia blasts an area with Poison after a brief delay, granting her increased Movement Speed if she hits an enemy champion.
Blasts enemies in an area with Noxious Poison. If a champion is hit, Cassiopeia gains 30/35/40/45/50% Movement Speed decaying over 3 seconds.Noxious Poison deals 75/120/165/210/255 (+70% Ability Power) magic damage over 3 seconds.
Cost: 70 mana
Cassiopeia releases several clouds of poison, slowing, grounding, and lightly damaging enemies that pass through them. Grounded enemies cannot use Movement abilities.
Cassiopeia spews venom in an arc, leaving toxic clouds for 5 seconds.Enemies in the clouds are continually afflicted with Debilitating Poison, inflicting a decaying 40/50/60/70/80% slow and grounding them, prohibiting the use of Movement abilities. They also take 20/35/50/65/80 (+15% Ability Power) magic damage per second.Miasma has a minimum cast range.
Cost: 40/50/60/70/80 Mana
Cassiopeia lets loose an attack that deals increased damage to Poisoned targets and heals her for a percentage of the damage dealt. If the target dies from this attack, Cassiopeia regains Mana.
Deal 55% Ability Power (+10% Ability Power) magic damage to a target. If the target is killed by Twin Fang, or is killed during its flight, Cassiopeia gains 40/50/60/70/80 Mana.If the victim is Poisoned when Twin Fang hits, it takes 10/40/70/100/130 (+35% Ability Power) additional magic damage and Cassiopeia heals for 5/10/15/20/25 (+0).
Cost: 100 mana
Cassiopeia releases a swirl of magical energy from her eyes, stunning any enemies in front of her that are facing her and slowing any others with their back turned.
Cassiopeia deals 150/250/350 (+50% Ability Power) magic damage to all enemies in front of her. Enemies facing her turn to stone and are stunned for 2 seconds while enemies facing away are slowed by 40%.
TIPS AND TRICKS
- Always use your Noxious Blast when checking a bush it will give you a mark that you hit something and will give you a movement speed buff.
- With Rylai's Crystal Scepter you can chain your Noxious Blast and they won't be able to escape.
- When landing your Noxious Blast it now makes a ticking sound.
- You can't buy boots so you can fill another item slot.
- use Miasma if you see a Shen using Stand United or if a Ryze uses a Desperate Power this will not let them move.
- Miasma will only poison things that are in its radius and if they leave they stop being poisoned.
- Miasma has a big coverage of the lane. You can use this to zone enemies from farming.
- Use Twin Fang on a poisoned minion or monstor to regen. health.
- Your Twin Fang can synergies with Teemo, Singed, or Twitch. Even tromp.
- Make sure they are looking in your direction when you use Petrifying Gaze
is pretty decent in a lot of the scenarios it provides more to your DPS and can get you first blood pretty quickly.
is amazing when your against a high burst opponent like Zed or Yasuo, Exhaust will ruin their chances of all in-ing you, while you get to either run or trade back.
This is almost like heal except it gives a shield. Why would you go barrier if you have a Seraph's Embrace
This summoner should be your second slot almost all the time. It helps with her immobility and gets you good plays or escapes.
I don't recommend this item because you heal a LOT if you spam your Twin Fang on a poisoned champion or creep, however Heal can benefit if you know you are going to play passive]
Now amazing! Cassiopeia is all about positioning so Ghost can provide to chase or kite back the enemy, especially when you have your Rylai's Crystal Scepter.
I would really recommend getting Cleanse for higher elo instead of lower due to the fact, lowers don't use it as properly, I don't recommend this summoner but it can be helpful for disengages.
I really like getting Teleport when I go top lane, it helps roaming easier and helps you get back in lane to farm.
Greater Glyph of Ability Power
Greater Glyph of Cooldown Reduction
Greater Quintessence of Ability Power
Greater Quintessence of Movement Speed
Greater Seal of Scaling Health
Greater Mark of Magic Penetration
- Greater Quintessence of Movement Speed She lost a lot of early game movement speed because of her new rework to not be able to buy boots. these runes can help make up for it, despite taking out some of her damage.
- Greater Quintessence of Ability Power After getting nerfed with her base damage this Quint will help last-hit and do more damage more easier.
- Greater Mark of Magic Penetration Since you do a lot of damage they will probably build magic resist against you. This and Void Staff will help you shred the magic resist and still do decent damage to them.
- Greater Glyph of Scaling Cooldown Reduction This is a little overkill for me personally but I still tend to get it. You get -0.09 per level and at level 18 you get -10.4 cooldown reduction. Add Morellonomicon and Abyssal Scepter and you are at 40% CDR. Of course, this is if you even make it to level 18 most of the time you won't but it helps with your scaling.
- Greater Glyph of Ability Power I tend to go with the flat AP glyph but scaling is probably better as you scale. I just go flat to provide me more damage earlier.
- Greater Seal of Scaling Health This is basically a standard on ap mid lanes because buying magic resist on AP rune pages are not that good however scaling health will benefit you a lot while scaling into late game helping you get around 23.94 at level 18 + 1800 at level 18 base health will get you 1823.94 without adding items.
Most played and recommended out of them all.
Decent to the point where if you don't want to go with the Movement speed quints this is a pretty viable option.
Currently has the highest win rate but I still do recommend Deathfire Touch
This is probably the best masteries to go!
I'm not finished with this build yet i am still gonna make Combo GIF and more just published it so i can share with my friends so they can give me some constructive criticism.