get
prime

Sejuani Build Guide by Chrispykreem

Not Updated For Current Season

This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.


113K
Views
29
Comments
16
Votes
League of Legends Build Guide Author Chrispykreem

Sejuani: The Frozen Frenzy (HP/Resist)

Chrispykreem Last updated on March 20, 2012
Like Build on Facebook Tweet This Build Share This Build on Reddit

Quick Comment

You need to log in before commenting.

[-] Collapse All Comments

Sort Comments By
1
[-]
Helixsliver | August 5, 2012 8:38pm
in your closing statement i noticed that you mentioned tips against certain champs, how would you face off against a good olaf player?
1
[-]
undead4ever | July 12, 2012 8:13am
Voted -1
1. frozen mallet is bad for sejuani.
2. Use too many /lvl rune
1
[-]
BenceMan (1) | July 7, 2012 2:54am
Voted +1
I tried and it worked realy well for me!!!!!
1
[-]
BenceMan (1) | July 6, 2012 10:11am
Perfect!!!!!!
1
[-]
HaveFunPlayer | June 2, 2012 12:06am
Voted +1
Thats a very good guide thx :)
1
[-]
MTaur (19) | May 18, 2012 5:40pm



You did not read the guide. The quick items up top was purposely messed up so you would read the guide and look at each item situation. fail.


"I intentionally wrote badly so you'd have to look closer", lolol

Nice try. I *did* read it and I wasn't moved. It is possible to give a generic build *and* to discuss situationals, but this was beyond you and you didn't really address my other points either.
1
[-]
Chrispykreem (23) | May 18, 2012 12:18pm
MTaur wrote:

* Build 1 is just a cluster of items and not even an example of a build. It's much better to give a generic build for average circumstances and explain alternatives elsewhere.
* Needs more CDR. A Sejuani without 40% CDR is only half of a Sejuani. There's no excuse for putting Randuin's Omen as your only CDR item both times... 5% CDR that takes forever to build? No, thanks.
* Zhonya's Hourglass is an abomination. If you want to live, stack health and make Northern Winds good for something. If you want armor, Sunfire Cape, Frozen Heart, and Randuin's Omen are good items that actually help your team. If you want AP, you're doing it wrong. If you want the active, then it's probably because your Q is never up because you don't have any CDR.


You did not read the guide. The quick items up top was purposely messed up so you would read the guide and look at each item situation. fail.
1
[-]
MTaur (19) | May 13, 2012 9:49pm
Voted -1
* Build 1 is just a cluster of items and not even an example of a build. It's much better to give a generic build for average circumstances and explain alternatives elsewhere.
* Needs more CDR. A Sejuani without 40% CDR is only half of a Sejuani. There's no excuse for putting Randuin's Omen as your only CDR item both times... 5% CDR that takes forever to build? No, thanks.
* Zhonya's Hourglass is an abomination. If you want to live, stack health and make Northern Winds good for something. If you want armor, Sunfire Cape, Frozen Heart, and Randuin's Omen are good items that actually help your team. If you want AP, you're doing it wrong. If you want the active, then it's probably because your Q is never up because you don't have any CDR.
1
[-]
Albo1125 (28) | April 23, 2012 7:39am
Voted +1
Must say that this works like a charm, even on low lvl solo queues. Really, I cannot thank you enough for this! I might go upload my replay later and post the link if you like =D
EDIT: Replay; Click Here to see it!

Hearty +1 from me =D
(srry for double post)
1
[-]
Albo1125 (28) | April 23, 2012 7:39am
Must say that this works like a charm, even on low lvl solo queues. Really, I cannot thank you enough for this! I might go upload my replay later and post the link if you like =D

Hearty +1 from me =D
1
[-]
Agoney (156) | April 2, 2012 11:20am
Voted +1
Very good guide my friend! However mabey talk about how to counter jungle? Other than that +1.
1
[-]
Junksie (1) | March 20, 2012 4:32pm
Voted +1
Nice guide!
1
[-]
Chrispykreem (23) | March 20, 2012 12:54pm
Flozzer wrote:

Get Sunfire Cape instead of Zhonyas.


Sunfire is listed in the item choices below. As dictated in the first part of the guide, the quick item build is not meant to be representative of what you choose every game.

Edit - From the intro of the guide: "Important note: The short guide up top is not the end all be all of the guide. It's just for reference. Item build and skill sequence can and will vary based on enemy team composition, as well as your own team composition. These issues are addressed further in the guide."
1
[-]
Flozzer (5) | March 20, 2012 8:48am
Get Sunfire Cape instead of Zhonyas.
1
[-]
neferio | February 25, 2012 3:54am
Voted +1
Good build order
1
[-]
Chrispykreem (23) | February 23, 2012 5:06pm
dannaz423 wrote:

Zhonya's hourglass is the worst idea, sure the AP and Armour is good though the active is the worst idea for a tank, you shouldnt be removing yourself from the battle you should be CC'ing the carries or protecting your team...


Two things:
1. If they are focusing you very hard, that's where this option comes in.
2. You obviously didn't read the guide. The top options are not for every game, each item is situational and each item for different situations are described below. If you noticed I put different items in for each build, jungle and lane.

You obviously didn't read the guide, you are just looking for a reason to downvote. I unfortunately take great issue in the way that you're going about rating guides on Mobafire and I hope you start reading guides before downvoting and commenting on them.
1
[-]
dannaz423 (2) | February 22, 2012 1:14am
Voted -1
Zhonya's hourglass is the worst idea, sure the AP and Armour is good though the active is the worst idea for a tank, you shouldnt be removing yourself from the battle you should be CC'ing the carries or protecting your team...
1
[-]
davidini5 | February 16, 2012 3:57pm
Voted +1
best sejuani guide at the moment i think go so on pls ^^
1
[-]
Chrispykreem (23) | February 16, 2012 1:25pm
MajorLoL wrote:

FINALLY, A competent Sejuani guide. This is the one I want to see on top of all the others right now. I would recommend making it longer, however. It's pretty damn short, but regardless an awesome guide.


Thanks man! Do you have any ideas on what else I should include?

I wanted to keep it short and keep in the bare essentials of what people might want to see. I know when I look up guides to play a new champion I get a little overwhelmed if the guide is too long and has too much information. I also don't want a guide that doesn't tell me everything I need to know. I think it's all about finding a good balance.

That being said, I would definitely like to hear what you feel was left out that could be there.
1
[-]
MajorLoL (114) | February 16, 2012 1:12pm
Voted +1
FINALLY, A competent Sejuani guide. This is the one I want to see on top of all the others right now. I would recommend making it longer, however. It's pretty damn short, but regardless an awesome guide.
1
[-]
Chrispykreem (23) | February 16, 2012 12:46pm

Nice build, I just dont know if a frozen mallet is needed, since she already has a slow and due to warmogs a lot of health. It might sound stupid, but another damage item would be better.


I feel like Frozen Mallet is useful because of Frost being applied every time you attack creating a greater slow (frost has a 10% slow while Frozen has a 35%), the health that it gives, and the fact that since this isn't a high CDR build you won't always have Permafrost slowing your enemy down...the cooldown will be longer than the 3s duration.

What damage items would you like to see replace Frozen Mallet? I wouldn't mind testing it out. I'll always try any suggestions because I do want to have the most viable tank build.

Mikuroo wrote:

+1
however, I would like to point out that this build does not have much damage, abd unless you plan to snowball to victory, your pretty useless late game

after u throw your stun, you can't really do anything more. at least buy another aura item (randuins counts I guess) or you might as well have picked Amumu

also, I do not suggest getting guardians angel because if they focus you they are probably stupid, and sejuani has quite a good escape method

also, experiment getting regrowth pendant first? I dunno

last thing, finish warmogs later, get frozen mallet first. if u feel squish y build a giants belt, but do not get warmogs first unless you really feel it is the best item

+rep if I helped PLZ!


You definitely helped, you have been rep'ed. I'm likely going to change the order of Frozen Mallet and Warmog's Armor because your argument makes sense. I've tried Regrowth Pendant first and it just doesn't give the health regeneration needed quick enough in the jungle. The Health Potions are a much higher hp5 for the duration.

I think differently on being useless late game and on the ineffectiveness of Guardian Angel. If you're targeting the right people, their nukes/carries, and you are slowing them down, throwing your Glacial Prison, you are going to become a big problem for them. I am often focused as Sejuani, and the guardian makes them waste more time (depending on the situation). I was considering replacing it with Zhonya's Hourglass however as it gives a nice damage nullification activate, armor, and AP which will give Sej some more damage. I'm not sure how you feel about this possible change.

SpitFyre wrote:

in the jungle it is sometimes nicer to start with permafrost as you can get more damage output quickly if you are adept at switching targets quickly.

I understand where you're coming from, but I think when it comes to the big wraith, big wolf, and blue golem, you don't end up burning down the big target fast enough if you're hitting each one and then hitting permafrost within that 3 second frost duration. Combining that with the cooldown for permafrost and timing hitting each different target, it seems the quickest way to burn down the big enemy (most gold and xp) would be to attack that one target with northern winds. You're still getting permafrost at 3 and then focusing on leveling it up as much as you can.


Thanks for the comments everyone, they were all great!
1
[-]
Mikuroo (168) | February 16, 2012 11:40am
Voted +1
+1
however, I would like to point out that this build does not have much damage, abd unless you plan to snowball to victory, your pretty useless late game

after u throw your stun, you can't really do anything more. at least buy another aura item (randuins counts I guess) or you might as well have picked Amumu

also, I do not suggest getting guardians angel because if they focus you they are probably stupid, and sejuani has quite a good escape method

also, experiment getting regrowth pendant first? I dunno

last thing, finish warmogs later, get frozen mallet first. if u feel squish y build a giants belt, but do not get warmogs first unless you really feel it is the best item

+rep if I helped PLZ!
1
[-]
SpitFyre (1) | February 16, 2012 9:54am
in the jungle it is sometimes nicer to start with permafrost as you can get more damage output quickly if you are adept at switching targets quickly.
1
[-]
MysticalZelda (28) | February 16, 2012 7:08am
Voted +1
Nice build, I just dont know if a frozen mallet is needed, since she already has a slow and due to warmogs a lot of health. It might sound stupid, but another damage item would be better.
1
[-]
Chrispykreem (23) | February 16, 2012 6:53am
Blowfeld wrote:

The jungle build is good, as long as you manage to get a lot of assists on ganks, as it will be harder to get to a full build with only on gp10 item.
This means that it is a good build, as long as you can trust your team.
The only thing about this build I do not prefer is the fact that you are heavily CD starved as you only got 5% CD on a champ that can use his spells every time human kind celebrates a new century.

I have abused enemy teams with Sejuani and a build like this if your team understands and appreciates what you bring to the table: Being a sponge that soaks up damage while CCing the hell out of the enemy team and making any fluid moves or tactics impossible.

But if you meet team herp derp (like I met a lot in solo queue) then you will be extremely frustrated, when you initiate a great gank, only to see them get away to their tower as your carry decides it is more important to last hit 2 minions. Or if you land the perfect ultimate into their team only to see yours wandering back in the jungle to slaughter wraiths or buy a second pair of shoes.

What I want to say: The build is great and I have always seen and played her as a control tank but sometimes it can be so damn frustrating that this champ with this build is so ******** reliant on a team with half a brain.

Hopefully some more people will read guides like yours to give Sejuani players a less hard time :)


You are spot on. This is easily one of the best comments I've received here. +1 rep as quickly as I could smash my mouse to give it to you. I had started believing that CDR was a necessary way to go. After enough thought I realized that specializing and being strong for your team was the way to go, and you'd have to make sacrifices.

If you have an unorganized team that has no idea how to focus the same target and herpderps around...yes you will be screwed. CDR or not, I'm pretty sure you'd be screwed. So yeah, if I focused on making Sejuani good for the sake of herself and no for the sake of a good team, CDR would be great. But this is the way I think she thrives, especially if you're facing a Sejuani who doesn't focus this way. I had this experience when I was playing with friends last night, and I was able to have control over the enemy Sejuani who wanted to build AP tank. With how mana starved she ends up being, I find it good to play her in the jungle and control the blue buff anyway. This gets rid of that mana issue and also helps with the CDR. Do you think that flat cooldown quints would work to her benefit in this build? It would be an extra 5% or so.

Thank you so very much for the comment.
1
[-]
FeedtheCreep (5) | February 16, 2012 4:03am
Voted +1
Very nice guide. I will try it ASAP but it seems legit.
1
[-]
Blowfeld (108) | February 16, 2012 3:20am
Voted +1
The jungle build is good, as long as you manage to get a lot of assists on ganks, as it will be harder to get to a full build with only on gp10 item.
This means that it is a good build, as long as you can trust your team.
The only thing about this build I do not prefer is the fact that you are heavily CD starved as you only got 5% CD on a champ that can use his spells every time human kind celebrates a new century.

I have abused enemy teams with Sejuani and a build like this if your team understands and appreciates what you bring to the table: Being a sponge that soaks up damage while CCing the hell out of the enemy team and making any fluid moves or tactics impossible.

But if you meet team herp derp (like I met a lot in solo queue) then you will be extremely frustrated, when you initiate a great gank, only to see them get away to their tower as your carry decides it is more important to last hit 2 minions. Or if you land the perfect ultimate into their team only to see yours wandering back in the jungle to slaughter wraiths or buy a second pair of shoes.

What I want to say: The build is great and I have always seen and played her as a control tank but sometimes it can be so damn frustrating that this champ with this build is so ******** reliant on a team with half a brain.

Hopefully some more people will read guides like yours to give Sejuani players a less hard time :)
1
[-]
Chrispykreem (23) | February 16, 2012 1:22am
Panteleia wrote:

I like it.

But you can increase her damage output by abusing her amazing farming capability and getting an item that both increases your damage and your defence.(Like Trinity Force).

A full-tank is extremely viable, but for a tad-bit smaller healthpool and a lot of farming, you can make Sejuani deal great damage too :D.

Atleast, this is my philosophy on how tanks work: Soak up a lot of damage and still pose a huge threat. But Sejuani can also simply rely on the utility of her spells.Both ways work, it's just that I think you're not sacrifising a lot of defensive stats for a Trinity Force :D.


I appreciate the comment! I could definitely see certain games where you could add Trinity Force into the build. I'm going to make an edit to the alternate item situations and include that.

I'm overall not a huge fan of Trinity Force on champions that aren't building that high of AD. Trinity Force with the Warmog's Armor and an Atma's Impaler might end up doing some pretty intense damage. With Atma's you're getting armor too as well as some crit. The higher health would then give you more dmg to do 150% of with Trinity. Definitely something to look into.

With this kind of tank build, I think getting a smidge of AP, a smidge of AD, a smidge of AS, a smidge of crit, small health, small mana, small MS for 4070 could probably be spent better somewhere else. I also like having 100% slow chance with Frozen Mallet over the 25% chance to slow on Trinity Force But if you're not worrying about monster AD or AP heroes eating away your health quickly, it's certainly plausible.
1
[-]
Panteleia (5) | February 16, 2012 12:27am
Voted +1
I like it.

But you can increase her damage output by abusing her amazing farming capability and getting an item that both increases your damage and your defence.(Like Trinity Force).

A full-tank is extremely viable, but for a tad-bit smaller healthpool and a lot of farming, you can make Sejuani deal great damage too :D.

Atleast, this is my philosophy on how tanks work: Soak up a lot of damage and still pose a huge threat. But Sejuani can also simply rely on the utility of her spells.Both ways work, it's just that I think you're not sacrifising a lot of defensive stats for a Trinity Force :D.