Sejuani Build Guide by ZaynLookALike
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
TANKY CROWD CONTROL MACHINE
OTHER IDEAL BUILDS
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Welcome to my guide about my favorite champion, Sejuani. At first, I really don't like her because I think she's not as tanky as other tanks like Amumu and Shen and I think her Passive (Frost) is useless. Before the Freljord Patch was released, I bought her for the sake that I can have a free Traditional Skin (Yehey! Free Skin! :D) I tried to use her and after a couple of games, I INSTANTLY LIKED HER. I love her ganks and I love her CC. She is just the QUEEN OF AOE CC =)
I hope you will like my guide. Have fun using her. :)
Pros / Cons
- One of the best gankers before level 6
- Gap Closer (Arctic Assault)
- AoE Crowd Controls (stun and slows)
- Arctic Assault can be use for escaping
- Great Initiator
- After her rework, she's a stronger tank (Frost Armor)
- Red Buff is not necessary for her (since she has a lot of CC)
- Game Changing Ultimate
- Really Attractive
- Team Reliant
- Easily Countered in Jungle
- Not great at 1v1
- After her rework, her dance was changed
- Cooldown Reduction is VERY IMPORTANT for Sejuani so that you can gank effectively.
- You need ability power for some damage.
- You also need this for damaging enemies.
- That extra 10 Gold from Smite will be very useful, especially if you gank more often than farm.
- Of course you need this because you are a tank. Flail of the Northern Winds also scale with Health so it's nice to take this.
- This will give you extra durability.
- With this + Frost Armor, you can really be a good chaser. This will really make you STICKY.
- Just like Durability. You need this because Sejuani scales of with health and this will give you extra defense.
- Of course you need this for tower diving.
- Frost Armor + Relentless + This will make slows really USELESS against you.
- Again, you need health.
- Of course you need this because you are the TANK, and since you are the tank, there is really a high chance that you will die in team fights. This mastery comes in handy. Even the enemy team Aced your team, your respawn time will be faster and you can defend the base quickly.
- This really a great mastery for Sejuani, especially if the enemy team has AD Champions like Tryndamere and Vayne.
- You need this because it reduces ALL SOURCE OF DAMAGE.
- Greater Mark of Attack Speed
You need this for jungling and also for you to retain the duration of your Frost Armor.
- Greater Seal of Armor
Extra armor will help Sejuani in jungling and in early ganking as well as in team fights.
- Greater Glyph of Magic Resist
From the start of the game, you will be ganking Mid and Bottom in which the enemy champions in there are AP. (Supports are typically AP). Sometimes there are Solo Top AP Champions. You will need this rune from the start( ganking) until the end (team fights).
- Greater Quintessence of Movement Speed
This will help you in ganking, chasing, or escaping from enemies. This will also help you to move through the jungle faster.
Almost all champions use this. This is good for chasing, ganking or escaping. If combined with Arctic Assault, it can really give you a lot mobility.
This is a MUST for junglers.
Ghost will really make Sejuani run fast. I mean, it will make the boar run fast.
This spell is really effective if the bush in the river is warded but the bush in the sides are not, you can teleport to a ward and SURPRISE!
Frost Armor(Innate): Damaging an enemy with an ability or basic attack grants 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 bonus armor and reduces movement-slowing effects on Sejuani by 10 / 15 / 20 / 25% for 2 seconds. Subsequent damage will increase the duration by 2 seconds up to a cap of ~8 seconds, where after damage will refresh the duration.
- This ability will give extra durability to Sejuani when jungling. It will also help you in ganking since it reduces movement-slowing effects on Sejuani making you sticky to them. This ability will also be very helpful in team fights especially against heavy AD teams
Arctic Assault(ACTIVE): Sejuani charges forward, knocking enemies into the air and dealing magic damage equal to a flat amount plus a percentage of the target's maximum health (max 300 damage to monsters). This charge stops after knocking an enemy champion into the air.
MAGIC DAMAGE: 40 / 70 / 100 / 130 / 160 (+ 40% AP)
MAX HEALTH TO DAMAGE RATIO: 4 / 6 / 8 / 10 / 12%
COOLDOWN: 15 / 14 / 13 / 12 / 11
COST: 80 / 85 / 90 / 95 / 100 mana
- Now with knock up, this is Sejuani's powerful gap closer. This is a built-in Flash for Sejuani making ganking easier for her. This ability will help you pass through terrains making it a good tool for ganking, chasing, and escaping. However, be careful because if you bumped into an Enemy Champion, Arctic Assault will stop. This ability also applies Frost. I always max this ability last since it's just a gap closer, but if you are looking for more ganks, you should max this second so that it will have shorter cooldown.
Flail of the Northern Winds(ACTIVE): Sejuani's next basic attack deals bonus magic damage to the target and enemies near it. She then swings her flail, dealing magic damage to nearby enemies over 4 seconds. If this ability is reactivated, Sejuani immediately starts swinging her flail.
BONUS MAGIC DAMAGE: 40 / 60 / 80 / 100 / 120 (+ 30% AP)
AOE DAMAGE PER SECOND: 20 / 30 / 40 / 50 / 60 (+ 4% of bonus health) (+ 15% AP)
TOTAL AOE DAMAGE: 80 / 120 / 160 / 200 / 240 (+ 16% of bonus health) (+ 60% AP)
MAX TOTAL DAMAGE TO ONE TARGET: 120 / 180 / 240 / 300 / 360 (+ 16% of bonus health) (+ 90% AP)
COOLDOWN: 11 / 10 / 9 / 8 / 7
COST: 40 Mana
- This skill is Sejuani's basic damage skill for jungling and in team fights. Get this at Level 1 because this skill has the highest damage and AoE early game. AoE damage is very helpful for ganking and during team fights. This skill is also use for clearing jungle camps. This ability scales with health making it a very powerful damage dealer since you will have many health throughout the game. On her rework, this skill now applies Frost.
-I recommend to max this second since this skill scales with health, so by the time that you maxed this (which is mid game), you have more health points than your early game health points. Also, you need to be sticky when using Flail of The Northern Winds since this skill has only 350 range. Early game, you won't be that sticky enough, so I recommend to max Permafrost first. When your enemies are slowed already by Permafrost, (which is 70% slow for 3 seconds at max) then you can use Flail of the Northern Winds and deal damage. If you are a having a hard time clearing jungles, then max this first.
Permafrost(PASSIVE): Sejuani's abilities and basic attacks apply Frost to enemies for 4 seconds.
(ACTIVE): All nearby enemies with Frost take magic damage and are slowed.
MAGIC DAMAGE: 60 / 110 / 160 / 210 / 260 (+ 50% AP)
SLOW: 50 / 55 / 60 / 65 / 70%
DURATION: 2 / 2.25 / 2.5 / 2.75 / 3
COST: 55 Mana
- Using this skill will make Sejuani the "Queen of Slowing Enemies". As the ability description says, all enemies afflicted by Frost will take damage and will be slowed if you use Permafrost. ALL OF YOUR SKILLS APLLY FROST. Take a look at that range. It's 1000! That's why I prefer to max this skill first, so even if they use Flash or any escape ability, I can still damage and slow them. This skill is also effective when ganking. Take a look at that slow and duration!
Glacial Prison(ACTIVE): Sejuani throws her frost-forged bola in a line. If the bola hits an enemy champion, it shatters, stunning the target and nearby enemies for a duration. If the bola reaches its maximum range, it shatters and slows enemies by 90% instead.
All enemies in the shatter area take magic damage.
MAGIC DAMAGE: 150 / 250 / 350 (+ 80% AP)
STUN/SLOW DURATION: 1.5 / 1.75 / 2
COOLDOWN: 130 / 115 / 100
COST: 100 Mana
- This skill is Sejuani's mulit-hard crowd control. It is simply the best ultimate in the game. It has a very long range in which using this ability is very effective in escaping and initiating, especially in team fights. It is a game changing ultimate just like Amumu's and Malphite's. If Glacial Prison didn't hit an enemy champion directly, don't feel bad because all enemies within the area it exploded will be slowed for 90%. Max this skill at level 6, 11 and 16.
Ideal Skill Sequence:
Glacial Prison -> Permafrost -> Flail of the Northern Winds -> Arctic Assault
- Following this skill sequence will make you "The Queen of AoE CC" throughout the game. Pre-level 6, you already have a 60% slow for 2.5 seconds because of Permafrost. Now, why did I max Permafrost first instead of Flail of the Northern Winds? It is because, in ganking, you need to have a powerful CC so that you can secure the kill for your teammates. Flail of the Northern Winds also has a powerful burst in which I may steal the kill from my teammate. Permafrost can also be used in a wider range and even in out of sight, unlike Flail of the Northern Winds. Of course max Arctic Assault last since it is only a gap closer and it is only used for escaping. It is also the only non-AoE ability of Sejuani (for Champions).
- I have to say that in this skill sequence, it is easy to gank, but it will be a little bit hard for you to clear the jungle camps fast, since Flail of the Northern Winds is your main tool for jungling
Other Skill Sequence:
Glacial Prison -> Flail of the Northern Winds -> Permafrost -> Arctic Assault
- Okay, let's talk about the commonly used skill sequence for Sejuani. This skill sequence is really the best jungling skill sequence for Sejuani. Since you are going to max Flail of the Northern Winds first. you can easily clear the jungle camps. This skill sequence is also great during team fights, since Flail of the Northern Winds is AoE, you will be dealing a lot of damage to your enemies. I refer to this skill sequence as the "Burst Skill Sequence".
- Yes, you will be dealing a lot of bursts on this skill sequence, but your not crowd controlling your enemies. Flail of the Northern Winds doesn't have slow and only applies frost. There is also a chance that you might steal the kill from you teammate because of it's burst.
May 20, 2013 - I created this guide
May 21, 2013 - Skill Sequence removed from being a separate chapter and put it to Champion Abilities, few changes in Masteries, Runes, and Summoner Spells, Champion Abilities added.
[*] I still have more things to do. Thanks for visting my guide. :)
[*] Please be nice and if you like my guide. Don't forget to thumbs up. :)
[*] If there are any suggestions you want to say to me, comment it. :)
[*] This is not yet finished. (I'm new here in Mobafire and I don't know that it will be in my draft if you're not yet finished, so I clicked publish even it's not yet finish.) Sorry guys. Thanks for your consideration. Have fun playing Sejuani! :)