Shaco Build Guide by Vysil
Mastery Tree Is Outdated
WARNING: These masteries are still using the old tree and have not been updated to the new tree by the guide author. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
So this is my first guide, a jungle shaco guide, and i play shaco main so you know this will be good :). I play aggressively, but don't act like you're god and 1v5 the enemy team. Read on!
- Standard for jungling.
- I prefer exhaust over ignite, but if you would like to choose ignite it will help with those early game kills where you just wish you had gotten 1 more hit, although that's what your Two-Shiv Poison is for.
- If you prefer ignite over exhaust then take this.
- I actually use this more often now because it's the "101 uses summoner spell", but it's not as effective as Exhaust or Ignite, since you already have 2 abilities for gap closers and a flash built-in.
Passive: This just makes shaco an even better ganker and jungler. while the box aggro's the monster, you hit it from behind, giving you the passive attack damage bonus.
Tips and Tricks:
1. Always hit monsters from behind while your clone is tanking it (Baron/Dragon)
2. While deceiving in for a gank, make sure to hit the enemy from behind for the bonus.
Q: This is what makes shaco shaco. You can gank with it, escape with it, juke with it, and it's pretty much a free flash with a stealth bonus.
Tips and Tricks:
1. While running away from enemies, deceive INTO the enemies. That's right, deceive INTO them and keep running (without hitting them) in that direction, so you will be running in the opposite direction while they keep running the way you were. AKA Juking.
W: Main jungling spell that makes him one of the best junglers. Does alot of damage aswell as aggro's monsters for you.
Tips and Tricks:
1. When ganking as soon as you hit the enemy once place a box behind them as far as possible without moving so it fears them while they run away.
E: This gives you a passive slow aswell as gives you a great last hitting tool. Enemy flashed away? No problem!
Tips and Tricks:
1. Even if the enemy isn't low enough, use it to slow them down to get them into melee range.
R: Easily turns any situation from a 1v2 into a 2v2. Use this to tank baron and dragon while you hit the monster from behind to get your passive bonus. Easily one of the best ultimates in the game.
Tips and Tricks:
1. Use this to tank Baron and Dragon so you don't take damage (make sure to stand behind it!).
2. Use ALT to control where your clone goes.
3. Make sure that when you deceive into their team use Hallucinate!
1. Buy boots and some health pots and head over to Wraiths (hurry because you must get there before 0:44!)
2. Put one box down behind the Wraiths at 0:44 and head over to red
3. Put down 3 boxes behind red and then head back to wraiths
4. once they spawn kill the big one and one of the smaller ones, then immediately head back to red
5. lay one box at red before they spawn (or while they spawn depending on how fast you cleared wraiths)
6. finish off the big lizard and the 2 smaller ones (YOU WILL NOT NEED SMITE!)
7. Head over to blue and place a box behind the big one
8. Finish him off using smite and take some health pots, then look for ganks in all lanes.
One of the immense game-changing perks of having an extremely fast clear speed.
So how is this accomplished with Shaco? Well, it depends on the enemy jungler. After you get your double buffs, you would go to red to counter if their jungler has mana, such as Warwick. If their jungler doesn't have a mana pool, like Shyvana, then there's not much you can do because they have already moved on from red and most likely won't get blue.
Now, how to actually execute the counter. First get just outside of their buff (on the other side of the wall), and then deceive over the wall and first if their buff is really low, then kill the buff and then head strait for the enemy. If the buff is not low then just kill the enemy. Make sure to place a box behind them to fear them as they run away. If they are not there when you deceive in, but their buff is still there, wait in the bush where you can still see the buff and wait for them. initiate by placing your box behind them (blocking the exit), then go for them. wait to use deceive until after they have burned flash.
Boots of Speed help you with your ganks and getting to buffs faster. This is a must with health pots.
Berserker's Greaves these will give you a good attack speed boost to get more crits and sustain better. Self-explainatory. If your lanes are getting really pushed back then get Boots of Mobility for better map control (not recommended).
Infinity Edge This is going to boost your damage by ALOT. Easily the best item in the game to get for damage.
Vampiric Scepter Gives you some early sustain so you don't need to go back as often
Phantom Dancer Attack speed, crit chance, movement speed, what more could you want?
The Bloodthirster Go ahead and get this to give you more lifesteal and a massive damage boost.
Phantom Dancer Getting a second set of these is going to nearly max out your crit chance and bring you up to nearly 2.0 attack speed. Obviously the best choice at this point.
The Bloodthirster Overkill. With full stacks of 2 bloodthirsters you have 40% lifesteal. You deal around 1.1k damage each crit. This means each crit you get back 440 health. With the attack speed you will get back too much health for them to take down. You may now 1v5 them.
Situational Items/End-game Builds
NOTE:you will not need to switch from balanced due to the fact that the end game build will get you so much lifesteal that they cannot take you down fast enough. In other words you are god. All of your health comes completely back in around 2.3 hits. Have fun with that.
DO NOT REVEAL YOURSELF BEFORE YOU GO INTO THE FIGHT!!!
Generally you want to wait for everyone to initiate then Deceive in to their AD carry (or AP carry) and unleash hell on them by using your ulti and placing a box in the middle of their team. This will completely destroy them, but you will want to get out of there as soon as possible WHEN your health gets low, otherwise stay in the fight. If your Deceive is back up use it to get out quickly.
1 - A must as there will be traffic there and so you know when they are getting that oh so helpful dragon/baron.
2 - if the lanes are getting ganked, to help your teammates.
3 - for counterjungling/protecting your buffs.
Shaco, Devil of Solo Q
Disregard creeps - Farm champions
Shaco - Ahueahue
By Dante Rebellion
PP: In-Depth Jungle Shaco Guide [S3]
By Pluckin Penguin