Shyvana Build Guide by
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
Hello and welcome to my first ever attempt at a build. Please feel free to correct me if ever I am incorrect in any way. Of course, everything I say may or will be from my very own personal opinion and if you feel other wise then please let me know. I welcome constructive criticism and helpful advice always.
I have a few things to say about Shyvana that tons of people seem to overlook or do not know.
First and foremost, her passive from Dragon's Decent gives great Armor and Magic Resist.
Secondly, if you are planning to play Shyvana as an AD champion then I suggest that you DO NOT pick up a point in Flame Breath until you've reach the maximum levels of Burnout and Twin Bite.
My final thoughts before we begin is that Shyvana is a very aggressive, persistent, and powerful champion and should not be taken lightly by ANY circumstance.
I have no idea on how to make this page fancy (or what-not) so without further ado (adieu?)
lets get started!
- Very high mobility from Burnout
- Extremely powerful burst damage from Twin Bite
- High success rate of escaping with her Dragon's Descent combined with Burnout
- NO MANA!
- Low requirement on items for building Armor and Magic Resist due to Dragon's Descent's passive.
- Very productive Farmer/Jungler
- Cooldown is NOT a factor on your Ultimate: Dragon's Descent
- Lack of Crowd Control effects
- Requires lots of Farm and Jungle Creeps to stay ahead of enemy team
- Liable to being kited by Ranged Champions
- Low success rate Ganks without Red Lizard Buff or Phage, Frozen Mallet, Trinity Force, etc.
Like I said before I started, I have no idea in the world how to make this look nice for you guys compared to the highly viewed builds on Mobafire so i'm going to explain as much as I can without picture art.
For my Laning Shyvana I take 21/0/9 in Masteries.
- In the Offensive tree I take all points with Attack Damage.
- I take zero points in the defensive tree because I am an aggressive Shyvana player and rely on my items, runes, and Dragon's Descent to shield away small portions of damage.
- I take 9 points in the Utility tree with 4 points in Swiftness for the extra 2% movement speed and the last extra point in Runic Affinity allowing the Red Lizard Buff last much longer, which you will really need to depend on if you are going to want a higher Gank success rate.
For my Jungler I take 21/9/0 in Masteries.
- Like the Lane Shyvana, I take 21 points in the Offensive tree focusing on Attack Damage.
- With the Jungler Shyvana your better off with the extra Armor for going against Jungle Creeps and it will immensely help if you ever run into the enemy jungler. 10 Gold per Smite is pretty sweet too. Also Bladed Armor and Rough Skin helps reduce and apply small damage back to Neutral monsters, saving you the bother of last hitting.
- With no focus in the Utility Tree, your job as a Jungler becomes alot harder to gank. But if ever someone aimlessly runs into you inside the Jungle.... Shyvana makes them wish they'd have never installed League of Legends. *Evil Laugh*
For Runes I take Flat Attack Damage Marks and Flat Attack Damage Quintessences allowing Shyvana a great early start against Solo Laners.
My current Glyph runes in use are Flat Cooldown Reduction runes, which also allows for an early advantage allowing Shyvana to spam Burnout and Twin Bite consistently.
And for Yellows, I take Greater Seal of Resilience, which is, Flat Armor for just about whatever that comes my way.
Now remember, This is the way that I personally build Shyvana and I suggest that you take this information, along with all the other great Mobafire Build Editors out there to combine and create your very own Unique build to suite your style and gameplay to fully appreciate the unmatched powers of Shyvana - The Half-Dragon.