Alright so there are many runes and rune combintations that work well with Shyvana, however for this build the most effective runes would be:
- Armor Penetration Marks-These work well for bursting down targets with armor, 15 armor penetration total.
- Flat Armor Seals-These give you a high advantage over attack damage champions early game, giving Shyvana a higher survival rate in a gank against attack damage champions.
- Flat Magic Resistance Glyphs-These give you a high advantage over ability powered champions early game, giving Shyvana a higher survival rate against ability power champions.
- Armor Penetatration Quintessences-These add an extra 10 armor penetration to the bonus you already have from your marks.
The runes I have suggested are not necessarily the only runes you can use here are some viable alternatives to the runes listed above:
- Attack Speed and Attack Damage Marks
- Health, Health Per Level and Armor Per Level Seals
- Health, Health Per Level and Magic Resist Per Level Glyphs
- Health, Health Per Level, Magic Resist, Magic Resist Per Level, Armor, Armor Per Level, Attack Damage and Attack Speed Quintessences
There are two option on a mastery setup for this build:
The first option is a 21/9/0, this is my prefered choice for this build, this choice allows Shyvana to have higher damage which helps or rate of success in a gank, aswell as slightly boosting her defences. There are six masteries choice that I feel need explaining:
I take this purely for the Armor and Magic Resistance reduction when using the summoner spell Exhaust it gives Shyvana that higher chance of a successful gank.
This may seem like an insignificant amount of lifesteal however when combined with your first item Vampiric Scepter it does add to your sustainability in the jungle.
This is a great contribution to your Armor Penetration total if you have chosen to use Armor Penetration Marks and Quintessences, this will bring your total to 31 Armor Penetration.
I Always found that in a gank the target would barely make it out alive and needed only one more hit, however with this mastery it gets rid of those annoying situations, dealing 6% extra damage to targets under 40% maximum health it allows you to finish of a low health target.
This choice is purely for the 10 extra gold recieved when you use smite, and as a jungler you will use smite alot so the bonus really stacks up.
The second choice is 0/21/9, this is a more defensive setup and increases the rate of survival for Shyvana
mainly during early game, aswell as defence this choice includes some utility masteries the key mastery is
this prolong your buffs which is extremely useful. I do not feel that I need to explain these choices as they are quite straight forward.
These masteries do not need to be followed in order for the build to be succesful, these are just suggested choice, using common sense you can alter these mastery choice to make possibly an even better choice of masteries.