Shyvana Build Guide by MoGShoT
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
Welcome to my guide. This guide aims at people who like to learn more about the half dragon syvana on a solo lane or in the jungle. My guide can be used for both as a beginner and as an advanced player. For a better understanding i recommend that you know her skills and mechanics.
Since this is my first self written guide i would appreciate it for leaving me some feedback in the comments. I need to mention that this guide is still in progress. Within the next days the content will be expanded with: more specific game situations, extended guide to jungling including the paths.
Some People might say that movementspeed or cooldown reduction are usefull on this hero, in my opinion Shyvana needs Greater Mark of Desolation and Greater Quintessence of Desolation , couse Burnout increases ur movespeed dramaticaly. Due low skill cooldowns u dont need cd runes
I have choosen Greater Seal of Evasion in addition to my skilltree u gain 9% Dodge on LvL 1 and nearly dodge every 10th attack of minions or your enemy. u reduce the recived physical dmg by 9%. If u compare that with other runes for example armor runes,which gives u +12,7 Armor, dodge is more effective.
While choosing your glyphrunes, u should think about the enemy u play against on your lane. If u play against AP Heroes like Swain or Akali u should choose Greater Glyph of Magic Resist if u play against AD Heroes like Gangplank or Irelia you should choose Greater Glyph of Armor.Junglers have to choose Greater Glyph of Armor as well.
Junglers start with
This are just the Coreitems, the rest of the build depends on your Enemy.
With Shyvana the Boots depends on your enemy, playing solo lane against burst dmg AP Heroes u should buy . This boots are my first choice, even if u dont play against AP Hereos u get 25 Tenacity, the result is, that its harder to gang u.
Other possible boots are and . If the enemys team got many AD heroes u can think about which perfectly fits with choosen runes and mastery.
Playing vs Ashe Janna Irelia Lee Sin Brand u should think about couse u get 20% Dodge and +15 Armor.
Pros: U will dominate Irelia Top and u are a bad Target for Warwick and Ashe in teamfights.
Cons: Its easy to gang u, Stuns got long duratation.
Playing vs Akali Morgana Caitlyn Sona Gangplank u should build
Pros: U grant Tenacity and additional magiresi. Akali wont burst u top.
Cons: Caitlyn will kill u easily till u have Atmas
If u are well farmed u can Build u get addtional DMG and lifedrain. In fights u easily kill enemys carrys with Twin Bite u deal about 600 dmg with a single Twin Bite burst. Surviving in fight is much easier with lifedrain.
If u haven`t farmed well or if u have to tank. U should build some Tanky Items i.e. and . U deal average dmg but u are nearly unkillable.
U can also build a combination of or and . u deal addtional AP DMG with Dragon's Descent and Flame Breath. This can be good vs enemy with tons of armor.
Other possible items are: , , and
How to Play
Some major Rules for playing Shyvana.
1. Dont use Burnout to farm! u hit to much Minions and u loose a lot of gold due missed lasthits
2. Use Twin Bite to lasthit, and Flame Breath if u have to play passiv
3. Dont push your lane until ur LVL 6, otherwize u wont be able to escape.
4. Always initiate teamfights with Dragon's Descent in the direction of ur team, if u pull ur Enemys to far away from ur team, the enemy will nuke u.
Here is an example for Rule 4:
5. Always ward the river, if u dont see the ganging Enemy u wont be able to escape. Always remember if the enemy is already close to you, Dragon's Descent will carry your enemy with u, the result is, the enemy is still behind u!
6. Dont waste Dragon's Descent for big minionwaves, remember u gain fury through dmg, if all minions are dead it takes a lot time to gain 100 fury.
Dragon's Descent got a great range comparing it with flash. Here are some escape/hunting possibilities other Heroes dont have.
Pros / Cons
- Is very fast in combination with her Ulti its nearly impossible to gang her.
- Can deal a lot of dmg
- much HP and Armor
- Great Teamhero
- very multifaceted
- flexible hero, which can react on any enemy itembuild
- Doesn`t have Slow or Stun
- Weak vs Ranged Heroes on Toplane
- Useless in Teamfight without Ulti
- Without farm shes nothing
- Can´t Carry a Game