Pros & Cons
>Partly True Damage
>Good Poke/ Burst
>Versatile Build and Playstyle
>Without Ultimate Vulnerable
>No Crazy Damage
>Lack of Utility
- Throw the orb into a full minion wave to maximize the heal.
- If you're alone, Fox-Fire for the heal!
- It's really easy to get 9 stacks because Fox-Fire, Orb of Deception and one Spirit Rush charge can give up to 3 stacks.
Orb of Deception
Ahri gains a massive movement speed boost while her orb is traveling that rapidly decays over time.
- Use Orb of Deception mainly for farming and pushing. It isn't worth to get pushed in or lose CS for a little bit of harass, conserve your mana smart as Ahri's mana pool is small.
- In lane you try to hit your opponent with a long ranged orb. This allows to deal the magic and true damage part at the same time while the enemy has less time to react.
- Due to the nature of the animation, Orb of Deception cancels your auto attack if the orb comes back.
- If you get ganked or chased, throw the orb behind you. This will force the enemy to either dodge, which makes them slower, or take the full damage. It also increases the duration of the movement speed boost.
- With Flash or Spirit Rush you can redirect the second part of Orb of Deception.
- Fox-fire is an auto-targeting spell. Every flame has its own range and targets priorities in the following order: The enemy champion closest to the orb's location, the target of Ahri's last autoattack and the enemy unit closest to the orb's location.
- Fox-fire has no cast time, which makes it good for kiting.
- Do not use Fox-fire in the laning phase unless the opponent is standing next to you. It will only waste your mana. Use it rather for farming minions with low health.
- Fox-fire will only lock onto visible targets which is why you should avoid fighting in bushes or generally in the fog of war.
- Before commiting to going all-in you should activate Fox-fire and immediately Spirit Rush. By doing this you will deal a nice amount of burst which can surprise your enemy.
- Be thrifty when it comes to using it. The spell eats up around 25% of your mana at level 1 alone.
- Every time you miss Charm you have to play safer. This spell is Ahri's only way to defend herself from ganks and other stuff.
- Channeling abilities like Katarina's Death Lotus or Kathus' Requiem can be interrupted with well timed Charm!
[I was once ultied by a Malzahar but my Charm was still in mid-air and once it hit, the channel stopped. As long as it hits it will stop the channel immediately.]
- If the enemy has a dash or gap closer, it's better to hold onto Charm and wait for the opponent to use his mobility spell. This gives you a better chance at landing Charms.
- While it's a super slow spell nobody can dodge a Charm from the fog of war. They will have less time to react and will be hit.
- The next level would be then to use the Charm+Flash trick. You can now fish people from every possible angle.
- Between every Spirit Rush you should auto attack once. This increases your damage output significantly, especially in the early game where you lack damage.
- Your damage output will be lowered if you fight without vision on the target because the targeting system of Spirit Rush is similar to Fox-fire.
- Position yourself wisely, you don't need to use every charge immediately as you have a 10 second windows to use the remaining stacks.
- Furthermore, I used to cast Charm immediately after using Spirit Rush even though my opponent was standing in front of me. The result was me dashing trough them and missing Charm. Basically, I want to tell you that you never need to go for the max range and can instead ult on the spot where you're standing to get damage off ;)
- If you want to be Faker level, you need to be able to use the Spirit Rush+Flash trick. The trick enables you to travel a large distance and still hit the enemies with the projectiles of Spirit Rush.
Unfortunately Ahri has no real options regarding maxing a certain skill over another. You will use this skill order 99.8% of the time. The exception is maxing Charm but you're playing then ADC or Support Ahri.
We max Orb of Deception as it is Ahri's main spell because it has a long range compared to the other spells, deals tons of damage and is a great tool to escape a gank pre 6 due to the movement speed boost. Additionally, it has early on a shorter cooldown and is the only spell that does pass through minions which is needed to push waves. This is especially important since Ahri can't farm well under the turret.
Next is Fox-Fire because it provides great burst in combination with Spirit Rush. However, some people like to max Charm second for a longer duration but I don't think that it is good. You lose on a lot of damage and the duration of Charm at lvl 1 is enough to kill someone. Furthermore, the cooldown of Fox-Fire decreases with each level which results in higher damage output.
Spirit Rush is always maxed at lvl 6, 11 and 16 due to the huge increase of the base damage and as well the reduction of the cooldown.