Singed Build Guide by Monstarach
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
This is a build that I set up for my friend who just started playing Singed, and plain sucked at League of Legends. I used a random site to show him the full over view of the stats. I did this without any prior knowledge of Singed, besides seeing his abilities. After some tweaking, Strike Alpha, my friend, and I have made a build that took him from s**tastic, into pretty much troll-mode Singed.
This is also my first attempt at a guide. Hopefully, I will stick with this and evolve it as I see fit. This is only for the Twisted Treeline, even though it could apply elsewhere if you take out the Blackfire Torch.
Pros / Cons
+ Lots of mana (and health from Empowered Bulwark)
+ Lots of AoE damage with Poison Trail
+ Most people barely notice the damage from Poison Trail
- No mechanic outside of Fling to get your enemy
- Susceptible to %heal damage Madred's Bloodrazor, Bio-Arcane Barrage, Silver Bolts
- No range/ kite-able
Greater Mark of Magic Penetration
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Glyph of Scaling Mana
Greater Quintessence of Movement Speed
Greater Quintessence of Scaling Mana
- Greater Mark of Magic Penetration is kind of a no brainer for me, I don't like getting runes that aren't primary, though I could probably get away with a Greater Mark of Knowledge since it isn't that far off compared to it's Glyph counter part.
- Greater Glyph of Knowledge is probably the biggest key Rune here. Giving you ~25 mana per rune at level 18, translating to +230 mana in total (almost 18 seconds of additional Poison Trail use!!!). That is then turned around for 57 health, and each point counts in my book.
- Greater Quintessence of Knowledge/ Greater Quintessence of Movement Speed are also very close with me. You can either get another 225 mana, another 17 seconds of Poison Trail and 56 health, or have a starting movement speed, with boots, sitting around 385.
- Initiator will have you trucking through battle at 394, with boots and Greater Quintessence of Movement Speed. That is pretty quick at level 1.
- Juggernaut , once again, Singed is a tank, you don't want him CC'ed too long, or how can he troll the enemy!
- Expanded Mind all three points will give you 216 more mana!!! 54 more health! And 16 seconds of Poison Trail
- And of course, Swiftness . I think you can tell I like my Singed fast. This will give you around 400 movement speed, with boots, Initiator , and Greater Quintessence of Movement Speed. At level one.
This is merely the order that I have been using. Also, after a quick check, virtually everyone else uses it as well, probably because this is what works.
And the mana cost is pretty ignorable, since Singed needs to build mana, you can easily shrug off 13 mana/sec.
I think 75% movement speed reduction is enough to make anyone avoid it, so I usually use this to block off escape routes, forcing them to go where I want them to.
- These are the KEY items to Singed, in my opinion, with Rod of Ages being the most important since it gives all stats you need. And it gives you some insane level up regen. This is why I get this item first, after boots of course. In a decent game, Rod of Ages will be maxed before the 30 minute mark.
- After Rod of Ages I will grab kage's lucky pick. It's a small boost of AP, with a small amount of gold per 10 seconds. And you can turn it around later for the Blackfire Torch.
- Force of Nature is another amazing item for Singed. With his passive, and the massive amounts of mana you will be building, getting that health regen will probably have you getting about 20 health regen per second after you get this, with just Rod of Ages and Force of Nature. And once again, MOVEMENT SPEED!!! A fast Singed is a happy Singed. With boots, Initiator , Swiftness , and Greater Quintessence of Movement Speed, you have 426 movement speed. With level 1 boots. Zoom zoom! Oh yeah, this also covers some magic resist. I usually grab this after kage's lucky pick if the enemy team is pretty heavy with AP.
- Frozen Heart will cover you for armor, as well as some nice cool down reduction. Being able to Fling and Insanity Potion more often with that 20% CDR, Singed will be ever more happy!! :D I will usually get this third, after kage's lucky pick, if the enemy team is AD heavy. The aura this thing gives off can really hinder the enemy carry.
- Banshee's Veil and Blackfire Torch are kind of just fillers for me. I will grab the Banshee's Veil first if the enemy team is heavy with debuff/ CC spells, a spell shield is always nice. Otherwise, I'll grab the Blackfire Torch, burning them for 2.5% of max health with Poison Trail, ever more punishment.
These are the three boots that I think are all good for Singed
- Boots of Mobility are good if you really need to get back to lane often, or really need to split push.
- Boots of Swiftness is ONLY good if the enemy has no CC, is not wandering, and is able to catch you easily when you are at enhanced movement 2. I generally avoid this item, but some tell me that it is worth it.
- Mercury's Treads are the best boots in the game. I may or may not be alone in thinking that, but this is my guide. If the enemy team has a fair amount of CC, then I grab these. Juggernaut plus these gets you 45% disable reduction, Singed cannot be running if you are stunned!!
|fastsingedhappysingedahhhhhhhhh!!!!!! *Ahem* Excuse me, I kind of got a little excited thinking about how fast Singed is. AAAAAAAAAAnnnndddd Ghost helps out with this! Ult on cooldown? No worries, I grabbed Ghost because no one get's away from me without me wanting them to. A MUST GET!|
|This is pretty much a must get in game now. A free escape/reposition/catch up tool for everyone. The only way to make it balanced is to take it, or you could punish other people in some unique/twisted/ mad chemist sort of way.|
|This is a good spell, too. Helps Singed catch up to those pesky enemies that fear him too much. And, instead of engaging alone, this will allow your teammates to catch up to the coward as well.|
|I don't particularly like this ability on Singed, but it isn't a bad choice. Adding a DOT to your enemy as they get out of range could net you the kill, but I honestly think that Flash or Exhaust is much better for your second slot.|
Teleport, Heal, and Cleanse in that order are OK at best on Singed. I just think that the other spells I mentioned are the prime picks for him. I rarely, if ever, use the other summoner's spells.
For the most part, Singed should always have his Poison Trail active in a team fight. This can help zone enemies out of your creeps, or your teammates. If they get to cocky, you can just Fling them into your team and Mega Adhesive them so that you can melt them down.
Once you have your boots, hopefully Boots of Mobility, you will be able to run to an altar on Twisted Treeline, and back to lane before they even noticed you left. Or, you could help stop a split push. Singed is here to ruin the day of his enemies. Throw them out of position, punish them for over extending, scare the day light out of them as a guy that just juiced up on some random chemicals runs at them like a madman with some scary noxious gas spewing out behind them!
Singed needs to RUN!!!!! Not to get away, but to get you!