Build Guide by DinoFuzz
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
Passive: Empowered Bulwark
This is what makes Singed such a great mage tank. You get .3 hp for each point of mp.
Q: Poison Trail
Your bread and butter. Your farm skill. Your main source of DPS. Your early game harasser, and a useful ability to get people to stop chasing you. Poison trail costs a whopping 13 mana per second. At all levels. You will farm wave after wave of creeps and accidentally ks at least five kills with this. Many enemies underestimate the true power of your poison. (+.3:1AP)
W: Mega Adhesive
A large AoE slow. Stays in an area for five seconds slowing anything that goes through it massively. Very useful late game. Can help your team pull out of a bad fight or keep escaping enemy heroes in range.
Your initiator. Tosses a unit over Singed's shoulder, hopefully into your team. Takes a little getting use to, before you're able to aim the toss where you want to go, but it's a fairly simple skill. (+1:1AP)
R: Insanity Potion
Insanity potion does a couple lot things for you: it boosts your dps to respectable levels, gives you decent hp and mana regeneration and increases your armor to help you tank more, and gives you additional movement speed. Basically no one is going to be running you down and no one is going to be running away from you while this is up. Oh, and you'll have enough mana regen to just leave poison trail on. Which is nice.
TL;DR +35/50/65 enhanced damage, attack speed %, ability power, armor, movement speed, and regeneration per 5 for 25 seconds.
Magic resist, since Singed has no ranged attacks some of your more annoying/deadlier opponents are casters or ranged dps like Ashe or Sivir. Having MR runes gives you an edge in getting late game kills and laning longer in the early game.
Hp/lvl, Fairly self explanitory. more HP = more tankability
Mana regen/lvl, At lvl 4 the MP regen/lvl are better than the flat ones so that was an easy choice. This regen helps singed stay in the game and keep his poison on for longer, especially in the early game.
Move Speed, Singed's speed is one of his biggest assets. It gives him the ability to initiate successfully as well as chase down enemies for a quick fling.
A must have for singed, he is very move speed dependent for both chasing runners and initiating team fights. This also helps him tower dive more effectively.
This can be replaced if desired, i just find it to be more helpful as a tank than some of the other spells.
- Start with the Regrowth Pendant to give you some regen early game and build that into the Philo stone. the extra gold will help you immensely until you start getting the HP and AP to start racking up the kills.
- Once you have that go straight for the Boots of Swiftness, The extra speed will help you more than the stats from any of the other boots.
- ROA HP, Mana, AP.with singed this translates into HP, Mana, MORE HP, and AP. I've seen a lot of builds call for multiple ROA's but i find that unnecessary since it takes so long to build and then fill up the ROA that odds are you will not even fill your second before the game is done, so there are some more worthwhile choices.
- Banshee's Veil, this is a situational item, although seeing as you are a tank you will want it in most situation's. you can always skip straight to the archangel's.
- I like the passive on frozen heart as well as the hp and armor.
- And last but not least there is the force of nature, seel your Philo stone for this. the HP regen is nice, nut it's real place is for the Magic resist and especially the move speed, that late game boost can actually turn the tide in some really close fights.
- Finally there is Guardian Angel. I have gotten this on occasion and still do from time to time, i basically use it as a replacement for the banshee's veil for those games where there is not really anyone on the opposite team that i really feel i need the veil for.
You'll want someone in the lane with you, as there are other heroes that can use the solo lane better than Singed. But Singed is perfectly capable of soloing. Drop gas on the creeps each wave, push to the enemy tower, let it kill your creeps, then gas the enemy creeps as you fall back to your next wave. If you get low, bait the enemy close to your tower, throw them in range, and gas for an early kill. Grab philo when you can and then save up enough for Lvl 3 boots then recall back and grab em. You want to be as mobile as possible, helps you initiate ganks and run from trouble. As soon as you've got that, start building a Rod of Ages. And start ganking. The poison gas does great damage early and rushing lvl 3 boots will put you MUCH quicker than anyone else. After you hit 6 or 7, start to help gank or push whichever seems more viable at the time, while taking time to farm large waves.
Early to mid game
Singed is an excellent initiator, to initiate a gank or team fight, you'll want to run towards the enemy in such a way that they can't see you, though it's perfectly acceptable to just charge head on with poison trail and insanity potion. Use grass and fog so that you can put yourself in range to throw down Mega Adhesive on your target(s), then run in with insanity potion and poison trail up and toss the closest one (preferably the squishiest one) back over to your allies. You'll want to position the Mega Adhesive so that your target is either dead in the center or in such a way that they'd have to run through the whole length of the Adhesive in order to make a retreat.
By the 18 minute mark, you should have a Rod of Ages. If the enemy team has towers up, and you see an opportunity (i.e. two or more are dead and the rest are visible on the map) use your poison trail to speed up a push. Let your creeps beat on a tower while you entertain/gas the enemy creeps.
Your job all game will be initiating with Adhesive and throwing the squishiest enemy champion you can reach back to your allies. By Late game, you can almost just leave poison trail on (be careful though as if you are fleeing this can show enemies exactly where you went). And, if you happen to kill a golem, you actually CAN leave poison trail on :D. At this point you will have a huge mana pool compared to most tanks, and still have around 3.5k-4k HP as well as 150-200 armor, so make liberal use of your abilities. Insanity potion cools down pretty quickly, so if you think you can get a kill, pop it and chase. Or if you need to run away, pop it and flee. If the enemy team is chasing you, drop adhesive in their path while leaving a trail of poison.
By the end of this build singed will have not only 3-5k hp but a ridiculous movement speed as well. This allows you to run in and catch an enemy with a fling to initiate a team fight before they reach the relative safety of their tower, or even fling them back out of range of it. It also gives you the ability to successfully tower dive kill an enemy (or 2) and make it out with barely a scratch, i can not even begin to tell you how many times that i have done this. You can chase very effectively but always be careful when doing this because the longer that you chase the more likely that you are to get ganked. This also makes you able to escape very easily, just pop your poison and ghost or your ulti and make a break for it9 out of 10 times you will make it out alive and odds are you may even get a kill or 2 from people chasing you for too long through your poison.
- One final note, Thanks to DT777 who inspired a lot of how i leaned to play Singed as well as many portions of this guide.