Skarner Build Guide by Cheezdealer
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hullo there! Im Cheezdealer, and this is my first build I have ever posted on Mobafire. I bought Skarner literally the second he came out, (like i was in the store and they just did the reset, i was so happy :D), at first, i was a teeny bit disappointed at his skills, they seemed to have potential, but there were just a few things wrong with them, and with the build I currently had at the time, then I came up with this build, which had more of a AD carry feel to it. (more like Master Yi, or Tryndamere.) I hope you enjoy this build!
The runes I picked were quite simple. Skarner has a very good late game i have noticed, almost no matter what runes you currently have. So i decided to look at what was wrong with his early game. To me, it seemed like he needed more attack speed, so I have him the marks and quints needed to step that up earlier game, those of course help late game too.
Also, even though the sapphire crystal gives you mana at the beginning, to successfully harass the enemy enough to your liking, you need a tiny bit more mana than that gives you, which is why i put the Mana lyphs in there. (note that I did not use the mana at level 18 things, because with his items his mana is perfectly fine at level 18 without them.)
And finially, I got him Critical Damage Seals because of his item build, which include phantom dancer and trinity force, and since this is an attack power based build, this suits him quite nicely mid to late game.
The masteries I got Skarner were quite simple, most of them any AD carry should have, however I took on others for the sake that he is still AP oriented in his abilities.
I personally use Flash and Ignite, although there are some others.
Flash because of its great (and quite honestly not balanced) Get away free card or Get a kill free card.
Ignite because It serves as a good way of knowing you can kill someone, or to kill someone like Tryndamere in his undying rage or even Trundle with his passive if you are about to die, yet know you can ignite him for a kill after he kills you. (which has happened to me before)
Pros / Cons
- Can pull enemies to team (perfect for dragging the carry to your side!)
- passive can reduce all cooldowns alot if you get attack speed, (especially his ultimate!)
- does have a heal
- has a shield that increases attack speed, as well as movement speed, with little mana cost
- His abilities are all melee oriented,(except his "E", which is a nice poke, but is not a nuke by any stretch)
- runs out of mana quickly at first.
- shield breaks easily. therefore movement and attack speed buff are gone.
- you must get into the whole enemy team to utilize your "Q" in a team fight.
- His ultimate has no range at all, and the duration is not long enough to pull a carry like ashe into your team.
- in order to utilize everything good about him, he must in a sense commit suicide.
I hope you find this build helpful, you can always change the items or runes or materies later if you feel, I have had a glorious time with this particular build.
If you do not like this build, just remember, this is my first time making a build, and if you have nothing nice to say, just don't say it.