Skarner Build Guide by NobodyQWERTY
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
We recommend you take a look at this author's other builds.
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Skarner-Straight Gem Knight
THIS GUIDE DOES NOT GUARANTEE VICTORY NOR DOES IT GUARANTEE GETTING A GOOD SCORE.
Have Fun! Remember that this is a game!
If you have any scores to send me, or don't want your comment to be public send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Skarner is a bruiser, a group of champions that destroy late game.
-AOE JUNGLE OP
-Weak range suppression
-Low survivability early game
Greater Mark of Attack Speed
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Glyph of Attack Speed
Greater Quintessence of Health
Optimize speed and survivabilty in the jungle.
Masteries9 Points in offence for armor penetration
12 Points in defence for health and minion damage reflect
9 Points in utility for increased buff duration
EnergizePassive-Reduces cooldown for every attack
Q-Low cooldown area of effect damage on low cooldown, grants one of the fastest jungles combined with the passive
W-Gives a shield and attack speed buff when shield persists.
E-Allows for life sustain within the jungle, without it you would be forced to take cloth armor] with 5 [[health potions
R-Suppresses a specified enemy champion and allows you to drag them around for a short duration. Some of your fighting capabilities are lost upon use.
Skill Order, and Skill Combos
Maxing Crystal Slash maximizes your jungle speed. This is essential.
What you chose to max next will change the game.
Maxing Crystalline Exoskeleton improves jungle speed and ganking powers, while maxing Fracture next improves survivability.
As with all champions leveling your ultimate whenever possible is highly recommended.Combos
Typically a gank will proceed like this (in terms of what you do)
- Running in using Crystalline Exoskeleton.
- Using Crystal Slash whenever possible to add to damage and slow them
- Using Impale (if you have it) to drag them back if they are about to escape to safety.
-Can make decent escapes with such a massive slow, also great addition to fighting with all the damage reduction.
-Works great with your ultimate and getting around the map faster
-Aggressive players who prefer to fight and not run.
Choices That Should Be Thought Over
-Great for early to mid game to add to survivability in fights
-Improves damage and lets cooldowns refresh faster
-Get to anywhere on the map at any time, as long as there is a target
-Would divert your attention to other places, you should put full attention to the jungle and the enemy jungle
-Need mana? Take blue buff!
-Not going to be in lane long enough for the full use of the spell
- Vampiric Scepter-Early Jungle Sustain
- Boots of Speed-Improves gank success rate
- Wriggle's Lantern-Greatly boosts jungle clear speed
- Sheen-Effectively doubles damage, low cooldown Crystal Slash allows for it to be activated all the time
- Mercury's Treads-Decreases crowd control effects so that more time can be spent dealing damage and saving allies.
- Trinity Force-Great all around item for attack damage champions with spammable abilities
- Warmog's Armor-Adds to growing health pool
- Atma's Impaler-Turns growing health pool to growing attack damage
- Force of Nature-A lot of health regeneration, magic resist and decent move speed to aid with proper ultimate usage
- Shurelya's Reverie-Gives great escaping and chasing potential to you and your allies.
- -Who doesn't like cheap aura items that greatly help the team?
- -Have greater mobility
- -Lifesteal and spellvamp to help survive team fights more easily, also has a slow for an easier time chasing
- -A lot of physical damage? Little crowd control effects?
- -Free cleanse!
- -Attack damage champions that auto attack do too much damage?
- -Add even more damage, attack speed also helps reduce cooldowns
- -Increase damage per second in fights, when used with Impale allows for greater distance covered.