Malphite Build Guide by Rokkye
Mastery Tree Is Outdated
WARNING: These masteries are still using the old tree and have not been updated to the new tree by the guide author. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
- Hello guys and welcome to my ROCK SOLID solo top Malphite guide.
- This is my first guide and my main language isn't English, so I'm sorry for any grammar mistake.
- Malphite is my favourite solo top ranked pick, he is totally baws and hard to beat.
- Also, this guide will be very simple and easy to read (I guess).
Credits to jhoijhoi for the template, which you can find here.
Pro / Cons
Pros / Cons
+ // His passive allows Malphite to trade very well.
+ // Good escapes mechanism.
+ // Safe pick, can lane against almost everybody.
- // If you spam your Seismic Shard, you will get oom.
- // He just got nerfed =(
- // Sincerally, besides that, I see nothing bad about Malphite
I will try to explain everything as best and simply as I can
- Resistance Hardiness +6 armor/magic res, pretty good =)
- Indomitable Basically, less minion damage, which helps alot when you need to freeze your lane.
- Durability Vigor Veteran's Scars Health and hp/5 always good.
- Enlightenment I really like this mastery, along Frozen Heart and Randuin's Omen gives you a nice % of CDR wich helps you keep your Ground Slam debuff.
- Juggernaut Don't think I need to explain
This is just better than
- Summoner's Insight -15 secs CD on Flash, You probably won't forget the day you died because your Flash was on a 1 sec CD.
- Expanded Mind Meditation The main reason why you take the utility instead of the offense masteries, Malphite needs this mana and mp/5 to keep the early game poke and harass.
- Runic Affinity You're not jungling, but you may take some buffs in some point of the game, you can also go for a 2nd point in Tough Skin
- Scout 5% isn't that much, if you don't like, go for Improved Recall or Swiftness
- Greater Mark of Armor: // The reason for armor marks is that you will benfit from armor, this will make incredible hard to enemies trade efficiently with you.
- Greater Seal of Armor: // Pretty much default for any solo top, as your enemy is most likely going to be an AD bruiser like Lee Sin, Irelia or Olaf
- Greater Glyph of Magic Resist: // You may face Kennen, Rumble, Mordekaiser, Vladimir solo top, so you need magic res.
- Greater Quintessence of Health: // You will look like an unkillable guy early with a real large ammount of health.
- Greater Mark of Attack Damage: // Man, AD marks helps a lot last hitting or you don't have enough IP to buy armor marks *like me*
- Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist: // If you are playing ranked and know your enemy won't be magical damage, take those.
- Greater Quintessence of Armor: // Take if you want to make your enemy AD bruiser feel even worse for fighting you with ~ 60 armor lvl 1 if I'm not wrong.
Summoner Spells you should get
Teleport: // I love this spell on tanks. This makes much harder to enemies to hurt your turret, and you will miss much less CS if you B.
Flash: // If used with your Unstoppable Force you will travel a real long range, making your iniciations even better or making almost impossible to catch you, if low health.
Ghost: // If you don't like Flash, just get Ghost instead, but I recommend getting Flash.
Other available choices.
Ignite: // It's a good spell to kill that target with ~ 100 hp, or cut off healings from Soraka or Vladimir, but, IMO, there are better options for malphite.
Heal: // Bait healing is so funny, it also helps your team, while I would take this over Ignite, I still think Teleport is better
Exhaust: // Another option if you don't like Teleport, it allows you to make enemy AD carry fell useless and useless in every team fight.
- Granite Shield: // This innate helps a FREAKING lot, making almost impossible to trade with you. Remember that minions damage will delay this spell.
- Seismic Shard (Q): // This makes hard to gank you, also allow you to combo with your Ground Slam and walk away.
- Brutal Strikes (W): // This spell is mainly used to make your enemies life even worse! +30% armor on activation bring you to a amazingly high ammounts of armor; the AD also doesn't hurt =).
- Ground Slam (E): // This spell is so powerfull, it scalles off your armor and slows atk speed by 50%, with frozen heart, this brings to AN AWESOMENESS OF -70% ATK SPEED.
- Unstoppable Force (R): // This is like Curse of the Sad Mummy, but you jump to the direction you want to go, making alot easier to CC enemy AD carry.
Ability Sequence Order
Items are very situational, but my item picks are:
: // This is your core Early game items, I buy them 100% of the time.
: // Those boots are awesome nuff said, pick mercury's threads if the enemies are mostly CC or magic damage.
: // With your Ground Slam its INCREDIBLE -70% ATK SPEED to your enemies, more armor and CDR, love this item, I'd say it's a must have.
: // I like this item because it gives me MR and Magic Pen for the team, if you don't like, go for Banshee's Veil.
: // This item is very expensive, but ressurecting can mean win or lose the game. If you don't like go for Warmog's Armor.
: // It's active effect reduces EVEN MORE atk speed, bringing to -105% if you combo correctly. If you don't like, go for Thornmail.
: // Big ammount of magic resist and a bit of movespeed, it explains by itself.
: // If your support didn't make this item, DO IT! Very cheap stats and awesome aura.
- : // I don't really like this item, IMO it's expensive and isn't worth for the late game, but I've seen many people using it, it deals a prety nice ammount of AoE early game, and if you like, go for it instead of Guardian Angel
In the laning phrase, your harass will be: Seismic Shard + Ground Slam, if the enemy tries to fight back, use Ground Slam, they won't be able to deal more damage than you.
Buy sight wards and watch out for ganks, if you get caught, Flash + Unstoppable Force will make you get away from most of the situations.
In teamfights, your job is basically Unstoppable Force and Ground Slam in the enemy AD carry.
With this build, you will be an Aura buff for your team and an Aura debuffer to the enemies.
Remember to use your Randuin's Omen, this is crucial!
Thanks alooooot JhoiJhoi, I would never be able to make this guide without your help
Rocking Solo Top With Malphite
Gamers4Fun Team Guide , Team 1 , AoE team
Malphite - Just a rock
Malphite: Rock'n and Roll'n
About the Author