Kennen Build Guide by
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
There exists an ancient order originating in the Ionian Isles dedicated to the preservation of balance. Order, chaos, light, darkness -- all things must exist in perfect harmony for such is the way of the universe. This order is known as the Kinkou and it employs a triumvirate of shadow warriors to uphold its causes in the world. Kennen is one of these shadow warriors, entrusted with the sacred duty of Coursing the Sun - tirelessly conveying the justice of the Kinkou.
Kennen was born in Bandle City and it was said that in his first living moments he bolted first from the womb and second from the midwife who delivered him. His parents had thought that he would outgrow his boundless energy, but as he matured his energy found no limits and was matched only by his unnerving speed. Despite his astonishing gifts, he remained unnoticed (or at least uncaught, as he was quite the prankster) until, on a dare, he ran straight up the great outer wall of the Placidium. When word of this feat reached Kinkou ears, Kennen was quickly and quietly brought in for an audience. He found that the role of the Heart of the Tempest suited him, frenetically delivering both the word and the punishments of the Kinkou across the realm. He now works with his fellows Akali and Shen to enforce the balance of Valoran. This hallowed pursuit has unsurprisingly led the triumvirate to the Fields of Justice.
''The Heart of the Tempest beats eternal...and those beaten remember eternally.''
tat-tada-daa~~ what's up guys, this is my full kennen guide...
I'll tell you how I build my kennen, with pro's and con's item, etc etc..
This is my first build in mobafire.com, so please do comment if you guys you have a better idea, so we can teach each other ^.^
Pros and Cons
- Kennen has a great Crowd Control in a teamfight
- Kennen uses energy, so you may spam more of your ability
- Kennen's Q skill does a lot of damage with low cooldown
- Kennen's ultimate deals aoe damage and can stun the enemy
- Kennen is Awesome xD
- Kennen is quite squicy without a rylai
- Kennen needs good timing and positioning
- Kennen is quite expensive and rarely available in free week champion rotation :(
Item for Kennen
Level 1 boots + 3 Potions
Level 1 boots make you easier to last hit the minions and dodge your enemy's skill. Usually, without any urgent situation, I stayed in lane till 10 mins, so I can buy my level 2 boots (Sorcerer's shoes) and Hextech Revolver. With a Hextech Revolver, you can have a good sustain in lane, so no need to buy extra pots.
Keep last hitting the minion...Then try to get a giant's belt ASAP so you can last long in lane. When your enemy go back to base or not in lane, try to roaming around looks for a kill or assist or (ks :D). When you have enough money, you go back to base, build your 2nd level spell-vamp which is Will of the Ancient and a blasting wand or an amplifying tomb. Much better if you can finish your rylai
At this rate, you should observe your situation in a teamfight. If you are being focused in a teamfight, try to build Zhonya's Hourglass. This will help you to survive in a team fight. But, if you are not being focused in a teamfight, you should build Rabadon's Deathcap to increase your damage.
If your enemy hasn't surrender yet, you tried to finish your build with an abyssal Scepter. If you build your Rabadon first, then build your Zhonya and vice versa.
Runes and Masteries
- Greater Mark of Insight (Magic Pen: 9 x 0.95 = 8.55)
- Greater Seal of Force (Ability Power 0.1 per level = 1.8 at level 18 x 9 = 16.2)
- Greater Glyph of Shielding (Magic Resist 0.15 per level = 2.7 at level 18 x 9 = 24.3)
- Greater Quintessence of Potency (Flat ability power: 4.95 x 3 = 14.85)
- Mental Force ( 4 Ability Power )
- Sorcery ( 4% cooldown reduction )
- Arcane Knowledge ( 10% Magic Pen )
- Havoc ( 1% increase damage dealt)
- Blast ( 1 Ability Power per level = 18 AP at level 18 )
- Archmage ( 5% increase Ability Power )
- Executioner ( increase damage dealt by 6% to targets below 40% health)
- Good Hand ( 10% reduction time spent died)
- Improved Recall ( reduce recall time by 1 sec)
- Swiftness ( increase 2% movement speeds)
- Scout ( increase vision ward range by 5%)
- Maximize your Q as soon as possible since it is one of the main source of damage)
- Maximize your W after you maximize your Q
- Maximize your E last
- Maximize your R (ultimate) whenever it is available
You max your E last because it doesn't increase your movement speed, so it doesn't really useful in early game.
Flash + Ignite ( best )
- Ignite could reduce your opponent's healing ability by 50 % and also dealt true damage
- Flash allows you to escape from team fight or jump into a team fight and activate your ultimate
Flash + Heal ( good )
- Although Kennen has a good sustain in lane, especially with a Hextech Revolver or a Will of the Ancient, "Heal" can be use for a bait.
Flash + Teleport ( good )
- Teleport allows Kennen to prevent enemies to backdoor-ing and also to gank people when there is a chance.
Flash + Clarity ( WORST )
- Kennen doesn't use mana :(
Tips and trick to use Kennen in mid lane
- Try to spam your opponent with your Q overtime.
- When your passive from skill W comes up, try to hit your Q to your opponent, a basic attack with a Charge( i dunno what its called, but I called it a Charge xD) and your W ability. It will stun your opponent.
- If your opponent's life bar has half gone, apply the combo one more time, but once the opponent stunned, you use your E and activate your ultimate. It will guarantee you a KILL :D
Overall Impression + Summary
Kennen is a Worth to buys champion. Although my build might not be suitable for anyone( and doesn't shows and metode + pictures -_-) but, i can guarantee you kennen is good :D
THANKS for your time for reading my Build. This is my first champion's build, so once again, if there is/are mistake(s) please comment it :D