Not Updated For Current Season
Threats to Graves with this build
|Rengar||You can outburst him, just dodge his snare and you're good.|
His role as a jungler is to fill the gap on the roles as a bursty AD bruiser, it would be better if every lane have some kind of CC so Graves can engage better.
Notes for the new Graves:
- Make sure you are standing close enough to the jungle monsters when you are about to attack them, so all of your shot pellets hit and knockback the monster.
- Walk/kite after every attack and when you reload to minimize the damage input on jungle camps.
- Use your E (Dash) just like an Autoattack Reset. (AA -> AA -> E -> AA)
Pretty much the same like most junglers, here's the route:
1. Start with a leash on botlane jungle camp (Small Golems on the Blue Side or the Frog on the Red Side).
2. Next, take the closest Buff (Red Buff if you are on the Blue Team or Blue Buff if you are on the Red Team).
3. Gank Midlane if it's gankable,
or else farm to the closest jungle camp. (Raptor on Blue Team or Wolves on Red Team)
4. Take the other Buff (Blue Buff if you are on the Blue Team or Red Buff if you are on the Red Team).
5. Gank Toplane if it's gankable, otherwise go finish the jungle camp and recall.
*Remember this is what i prefer. In the real game, the jungling route is situational, you gotta act according to the condition of the lanes.
For the example you can farm the whole jungle in your side -> Recall -> start ganking and taking river scuttler if your lanes are all not gankable.
Another example if your mid lane is skirmishing with his lane opponent while you are farming the camp near midlane, you can stop farming and gank mid instead.
Why not building Statikk Shiv??
First, Attack speed do reduce the attack timer and reload cooldown, but it didn't increase the damage of the AA.
My concept on this Graves is to use the AA as a burst as well, utilizing the max. of 110% AD ratio on auto attack. That's why I choose other AD items that gives 55+ AD rather than 30% Attack Speed and some bonus magic damage on-hit. The AD given from the items add damage to his Q and R skill for the burst as well.
Other reason, the item slot for one Attack Speed Item can be used for defensive items that help your team. For example building Magic Resist so you can tank a bit more damage from Mages, or building Randuin Omen/Frozen Mallet to kites enemies.
So Why not building full ADC items? Graves is categorized as a Marksman right? The obvious reason is because you alredy have an ADC in your team and you respect the person's decision to fill the ADC role in your team. You don't have to be a full Marksman where your team peel for you (well except when your team didn't have an adc and your botlane is a duo yolo assassin mode). Remember Junglers help the team.