Malphite Build Guide by Holyc0w
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Every team needs some form of a dedicated tank it's a role that is often ignored in favour of carries that deal tons of damage which is quite often the sole reason a game is won. The reason a team with a tank will perform better is quite obvious is complements the carries in a way standard CC is inferior, CC is a big part of locking an enemy into a position where they cant deal damage they would otherwise use to push an advantage. The major problem in being a tank is you are not much use if your tanky derps and glass cannons cannot co ordinate with your initiates and press an advantage. Still the role of a tank is still the most important component into leading a team to victory. They can save fragile team mates and force the opponents to retreat and reduce damage and engage into a team fight allowing the deeps to do their job safer and more effectively.
I have played but a few tanks mainly Rammus and Warwick which are both great tanks but I feel whatever these champs can do Malphite can do better. He has a wide range of build options and the one stated above is by no means gospel, he man need to change his build order to counter certain compositions but this is a very good starting point to building the unstoppable force.
Pros and cons
- He has an extremely strong initiate and ultimate which cannot be reduced by tenancy, It can hit multiple targets and deals a lot of damage, it also stops the enemy from using the abilities briefly that might otherwise nuke a team mate.
- He carries a debuff which hugely affects the meta game, there are an abundance of picks that focus of attack speed and damage, and even if they are casters Malphite counters almost every top pick. Jax, Teemo, Talon, Wukong, Diana, Ezreal, Rammus, Warwick, Kayle, Vayne and many others.
- He scales his damage from building armour and armour being the best defence to most common team comps allows Malphite to stay a treat without building DPS items.
- He also scales from health with his passive giving him extra an extra margin of error.
- His CC is perhaps one on the most reliable, with little cool down reduction he can permanently slow a target making it easy for people to gank or escape.
- He complements a vast range of picks weather they are AP or AD Malphite assists a magnitude of team compositions.
- Unlike many other tanks Malphite can be very versatile, he has better AD stopping power than Rammus and can duel against far more casters than amumu can while even if he cant he can almost always escape.
- Hes hard to kill and hard to chase and difficult to escape.
- He lacks raw burst damage while his ultimate is down and his ultimate is buggy at times.
- Without a decent team Malphite alone cannot carry a game, it's a team oriated game but some champs like Jax can single handedly win games.
- To be useful he needs to stay alive forcing a more defesive play style if your team does not co ordinate well ( to to hang about in a fight as long as possible, Malphite is great and cleaning up weakened targets.)
- He can only truly initate using his ultimate.