Blitzcrank Build Guide by OmgIGotGanked
Mastery Tree Is Outdated
WARNING: These masteries are still using the old tree and have not been updated to the new tree by the guide author. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
The city of Zaun is a place where both magic and science have gone awry. The unchecked nature of experimentation has taken its toll on the city. However, Zaun's lenient restrictions allow their researchers and inventors the leeway to push the bounds of science at an accelerated rate, for better or worse. It was under these conditions that a team of doctoral students from Zaun's College of Techmaturgy made a breakthrough in the field of intelligent steam automation. Their creation, the steam golem Blitzcrank, was developed to exercise judgment on-the-fly in order to assist with Zaun's hazardous waste reclamation process, since so often the conditions did not allow for human supervision. However, he soon began exhibiting unforeseen behaviors.
Over time, the scientists were able to identify a demonstrated learning process, and Blitzcrank fast became a celebrity. As is sadly often the case though, credit for the golem's creation was scooped up by another - Professor Stanwick Pididly - though most now know the truth. In the wake of the ensuing legal maelstrom, it became evident that neither party truly had the steam golem's best interests at heart, and Blitzcrank humbly petitioned for personal autonomy. Backed by overwhelming support from the public, it took the liberal Council of Zaun only a few weeks to declare Blitzcrank a fully-independent, sentient entity. A unique being, the golem left Zaun, distressed by the controversy and feeling there was no place he could fit in. His travels led him to the one location in Valoran where unique beings have a place - the League of Legends. Fortunately, he was easily able to adapt his design to suit the rigors he would face on the Fields of Justice.
Though Blitzcrank may batter anything that stands in his way, he really has a heart of gold... encased in a framework of iron... in a carapace of steel.
I'm OmgIGotGanked and this is my first guide on Mobafire, so why not make a guide about my favorite support champion in the game.
Blitzcrank is very versatile champion who can do everything except being the AD Carry, which makes him an amazing choice in many team comps.
I am currently using Blitzcrank in Low ELO games where I believe he is one of the only support champions that can carry a whole team.
Credits to jhoijhoi for the template, which you can find here.
+ // Extremely fun to play
+ // Has the ability to change a teamfight with Rocket Grab
+ // High amounts of CC
+ // Many ways to interrupt channeled abilities like Galio's Idol of Durand
+ // Built in tankiness with his passive Mana Barrier
+ // Amazing laugh
- // High skillcap due to Rocket Grab
- // Mana dependant early game
- // Requires positioning in order to land the best grabs
For masteries I have decided to go 1/21/8 instead of 0/9/21.
You are probably wondering why I don't go the usual support way.
My masteries improve Blitzcranks tankiness by improving his manapool and armor etc., which will do you good in early game and all the way through to late game.
You will often be poked by the AD Carry and with the points in Defense you will be able to withstand the poke and at the same time have a strong shield in case you get too low.
- Greater Quintessence of Gold: Choosing these for the GP/10 as it's our only source of income besides assists.
- Greater Mark of Armor: For more armor early game to improve survivability
- Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist: For more MR late game to be able to survive AP carry burst.
- Greater Seal of Gold: As Quints more GP/10. I have also tried out Greater Seal of Armor lately. Which also works, depends on what you want. GP/10 is good, but the early game armor can be vital.
Recently changed from Flash to heal for the sustain in lane when an engagement goes wrong.
I use Exhaust because it is often able to secure a kill for your AD Carry. When you first Rocket Grab them you can exhaust them, when they try to escape, to lower their armor/MR and to slow them down.
Some people prefer Clairvoyance. The reason I don't use it is because in Solo Q you will rarely have the communication to make the best use of it. And besides you should contribute to vision by placing wards.
- Mana Barrier: It's your OH S**T button that activates itself when you get below 20% HP and gives you a shield equivalent to 50% of your current mana
- Rocket Grab (Q): This is what makes Blitzcrank what he is. This grab can, as it was stated earlier, turn around teamfights and interrupt ultimates. This ability will be maxed first since it's your main damage ability in early game + reduced cooldown.
- Overdrive (W): This is your attack speed/movement speed steroid. Great for escaping and chasing down enemies.
- Power Fist (E):This is a knockup CC which is a part of your combo with Rocket Grab
- Static Field (R):This is your ultimate which has an amazing passive + active. The passive makes lightning attack random targets around you, and the active is a high damage low cooldown aoe silence.
: Starting with a Faerie Charm is good for the early mana regen and the early Philo stone
: Wards are your new best friends as support. Vision can win you almost any game.
: You will also be able to get 2 Health pots to help you with the early pokes.
: Philo stone is the next item on your list. It gives you mana regen, health regen and last but not least it gives you gold per 10 seconds, which is going to be your main income throughout a whole game.
: Boots of Speed is a good addition early on to make escapes and initiates easier and smoother, combined with Overdrive you will have lots of speed early.
: Heart of Gold is also a great item, later it's built into Randuin's and Locket, and will give gold per 10.
: You will be going for Merc treads next. This upgrade will be your only way of getting tenacity which is important against most matchups, since it reduces CC. You can also go Ninja Tabi but 90% of the time you will want to go with the Merc treads.
: Aegis is an amazing item, which gives you good stats but at the same time gives your teammates decent stats in an aura.
: Glacial Shroud is another must have item for Blitz. Mana and Armor is vital for Blitz to be able to cope with the AD Carry which keeps hitting harder the longer the fight goes on.
: You should build your Philo stone into Shurelya's for better initiations and escapes.
: Next step should be going Randuin's for extra armor, slow on hit and aoe slow when activated.
: and then finish your Frozen Heart from your Glacial Shroud Frozen Heart can be made earlier if you are against an AD heavy team to slow their attacks and for more armor.
- : Most of the time the game won't be long enough for you to get your 6th item, but if you do get there you should get Locket. It gives a good aura and a shield when activated.
As you can see Blitzcrank is an amazing champion with great versatility. My item build is NOT set in stone and can and should adapt to your enemies team comp.
Remember to always get wards and use the guide found here.
Please leave a comment if you have questions or suggestions.
Credits to jhoijhoi for the template, which you can find here.
All about Blitzcrank: Support/AD/AP/Jungle
Tons of Damage Blitzcrank-Grabbing Chicks,Knocking Them Up
Do you need a hand? Support Blitzcrank v3
A Fresh Jungle Beast! S3! (Support BC added)