Garen Humor Guide by Ebehu
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
About the author
I'm Ebehu from EUNA and I wanted to play some Garen after the visual update, but I didn't want it to be boring, so I started buying fun items. I was with friends and we soon started calling it the Swagocopter build. Why? Because the spin is faster the faster you go.
What is Swagocopter?
Here's a simple video explaining it:
But how do I Swagocopter?
Excellent question my friend. You must buy the Boots of Mobility seen above and you should take Enchantment: Homeguard as soon as possible. You need to leave spawn activating your Decisive Strike then shortly after that, you must go into Judgment. The movement speed will make your Judgment spin faster and if you start yelling like Garen does, then you successfully left the spawn area and are blessed with Swagibilities that may help you in fights. Mainly this is why you should get Enchantment: Homeguard as soon as possible.
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Mark of Armor Penetration
Greater Glyph of Magic Resist
Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage
- You should definetly take 9 Greater Seal of Armors, because it's most likely that you'll go top against a tanky dps or a tank.
- 9 Greater Mark of Armor Penetration is needed against tanks and it's very useful lategame.
- 9 Greater Glyph of Magic Resist runes in case of unexpected AP carry top or, in case mid gets fed really hard.
- 3 Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage is useful if you want to dominate lane early game and you want to be an absolute Swagbully with your spinfarming.
By the way these are the default CDR/AD masteries. I didn't take Full AD runes because I want to spin more frequently.
These items focus on Swagocoptering. You get a lot of movement speed so your spin can really look like a helicopter.
The core build:
- Boots of Mobility: don't even use this build if you don't buy these boots. You'd only bring shame to the Swagfamily. Enchantment: Homeguard is also an essential.
- The Black Cleaver or Youmuu's Ghostblade is your must-have armor penetration. If you don't buy either of these then you're boned vs. tanks.
- Warmog's Armor is next on the list, since dying is not fun.
- Zephyr is an underappreciated item. Since you didn't buy MR boots, this item will satisfy all your tenacity needs. It also gives you some movement speed for better swagocoptering.
- Trinity Force for tons of damage and constant movespeed buff.
Maw of Malmortius
- Blade of the Ruined King is a fun and an escape item. Only use this if you don't want to be serious and you don't want to win.
- Infinity Edge if you want your spin to crit.
- Ravenous Hydra because why not? Only if you hate critical strike luck.
- Twin Shadows this item is wonderful. It's the troll item of the century, if you want to flash your swag and make your enemies butt clench. Only buy if nobody has this item in your team yet.
- Sunfire Cape against heavy ad, but I prefer Randuin's Omen over it, because you can get into the core of the enemy fast with this build. Only buy this if somebody in your team already has Randuin's Omen
- Randuin's Omen the best anti-ad item for this build. This and the Twin Shadows are my go-to items.
- Maw of Malmortius anti-ap. You can also buy other anti-ap items, but those are not fun.
You need the:Swagspin Judgment first. A helicopter can't take off without it's propellers. The rest is the default Garen skill sequence.
I recommend these, because Ghost lets you spin and run faster and Ignite is a perfect finishing or heal stopping ability if you don't have your Demacian Justice on cooldown.
- Use this if you want to Swagsprise your enemies with your incredibly fast coptering abilities.
- Good if you want to take the game seriously. Jerk.
- Flash is really good and it has always been, but it's not fun.
- Useful until you get your Zephyr. It becomes useless after that.
Creeping / Jungling
Real Swagbeasts don't jungle like others do. Real Garens use the bushes as their shelter until their prey
Pros / Cons
- You can spin like a swagocopter.
- You are really fast.
- It's fun.
- Yet you still do moderate damage.
- You have Infinite Swag.
- The enemy won't expect this build.
- There are much better builds.
- You are a weak tank and a moderate bruiser. (Not excellent in either.)
- Your team may not take you seriously if you allchat #YoloSwag too many times.
- Seriously, there are many better and more viable builds. (But not as fun as this.)
Who needs that? You must start spinning like a Swagomissile and go into the enemy. The team will figure the rest out.
Seriously, if you really want to play as a good teammate be sure to:
- Protect the AD carry.
- Go in first or second if your team already has a tank.
- Silence enemy AP carry.
- Buy lots of wards
I DO NOT RECOMMEND IT in high elo, but if you want to try it in ranked, then be sure to leave feedback. (This build may work well on low elo, but I tested it on high elo and failed, even though my team carried it and we won at the end.)