Syndra Build Guide by Venom Thorn
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Mid Lane Domination
Not Updated For Current Season
Syndra is one of the best mids in the game right now. Since all the assassins have been nerfed, I think Syndra is very reliable mid laner right now. Her farming is easy with her autoattacks and even early, her skills can clear waves like no tomorrow.
With Syndra, I prefer running Greater mark of hybrid penetration, Greater Seal of Armor, Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist, and Greater Quintessence of Ability Power. Armor/ Magic pen marks help with the early cs when mana is a small problem to Syndra and the others are quite self explanatory.
For Syndra, I prefer running 21-9-0 or 21-0-9 depending on how hard I think the early match up is going to be. 21-9-0 for all the ap distributions in offence and defensive stats with extra health in defense. 21-0-9 for all the ap distributions in offence and mana and longer buff mastery for utility.
I almost always start Doran's Ring and 2 Health Potion level one, the only time I do not is when I am against Talon, Kha'Zix, Riven, or Zed. Against those 4 champions, I usually take cloth 5 to help me sustain in the lane. My first back, I either prefer to get Boots of Speed and another Doran's Ring with some Health Potion or Chalice of Harmony if I am doing well ( Tear of the Goddess vs ad mid lanes). Vs ad I get Tear of the Goddess into Zhonya's Hourglass, Rabadon's Deathcap, then Void Staff. Against ap I get Chalice of Harmony into Athene's Unholy Grail, Rabadon's Deathcap, then Void Staff
For level 1, I always start Dark Sphere first, then I get Scatter the Weak level 2. If the enemy mid laner is not careful, you can easily secure a kill with just a level 2 all in with Dark Sphere then Scatter the Weak. Late game, the best case scenario for a Syndra to maximize dps is Dark Sphere, Scatter the Weak, Force of Will, Dark Sphere, Unleashed Power. And if you have a DFG, it would be Dark Sphere, Scatter the Weak, Deathfire Grasp, Force of Will, Dark Sphere, then Unleashed Power.
Pros / Cons
- the burst potential is very high with Syndra and her Dark Sphere also increases the damage of her Unleashed Power.
- You can stun multiple people with Dark Sphere and Scatter the Weak combo which is very rare for champions.
- Her Scatter the Weak can disrupt many of the motions of enemy gap closers like Jarvan IV Demacian Standard, Dragon Strike combo and Shyvana's Dragon's Descent.
- Her Force of Will acts as a secondary cc to ensure landing another Dark Sphere
- Her passive, Transcendent, is useless until level 9
- Her cd on her Scatter the Weak is very long early
- Her Force of Will is sometimes very hard to hit
- Her Scatter the Weak is somewhat predictable at times.
What you can do with Syndra is last hitting multiple creeps at once without pushing the wave. Sometimes you are forces to either push a wave or miss a creep because both creeps are low and the only way to get both is with a skill. If you pick up a creep with her Force of Will and aa the other low hp creep, you can ensure that you can get both cs.