Evelynn Build Guide by pskripper
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hiding in the shadows, ready to jump to your throat and kill you within seconds, Evelynn is one of the most unfairly underestimated champions in League of Legends. After being nerfed (multiple times) people forgot about her incredible assassin abilities.
Here's a list of the most important nerfs:
- When she was stealthed, the first hit that would get her out of stealth used to stun the target. Now it only slows them (-30% movement speed).
- Her base stats were dramatically reduced (mana, attack damage)
- The amount of healing her ultimate Agony's Embrace gives upon the death of an enemy was reduced from 350/500/650 to 150/225/300. The duration was also reduced to 10 seconds from 15.
Pros / Cons
* Forcing enemies to waste money on Oracle's Elixir*
* Great help to allies, checking bushes and the jungle
* FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN
* The satisfaction of watching enemies rage when getting slain almost instantly, without ever seeing it coming!
* Low survivability** Rylai's Crystal Scepter is really useful
* Loses most of her power when enemies have Oracle's Elixir
* You risk having allies exit the queue when they see you pick Eve*** Gotta miss the good old days when Evelynn was the first champion banned in Ranked games! :'(
* Whoever has an Oracle's Elixir activated will have a pink eye above their head, looking like this:
So if you see an enemy that has it, kill him. He will probably be protected by all his team so it will be hard, but try to catch him alone or have a team fight focusing him.
There are various ways to play Evelynn. Jungler, roamer, AP carry, AD carry, hybrid etc etc. I will quickly provide some tips for each way.
Eve has a pretty nice jungling potential. She can enter the jungle stealthed to check for enemies and destroy any wards. Her Hate Spike is a constant source of damage, and Ravage is pretty much identical to Smite at a decent level, even stronger when you get some Ability Power.
This is definetly the best way to play Eve IMO. Sneaking through the jungle and attacking low life enemies when they can't even see her. You just farm with 200 hp next to your turret, 'safely'... but uh-oh, her ultimate restores her life upon killing an enemy, just enough to turret dive! BAZINGA!
3. AD carry
If you ask me it's just out of the question. Both Hate Spike and Ravage work on AP, building her AD would be a total waste of her abilities. An AD build would only work with Agony's Embrace, for pushing, especially. But apart from that... useless.
4. AP carry
Assures tons of damage with your abilities, but what if you go out of mana? On your way to your target, I mean, because if you run out of mana while attacking them (assuming you started with full mana) then you are doing it wrong. At level 13 you should be able to two-hit a full hp squishy champion, and three or four-hit a tank.
This brings me to my favourite way to play Eve in tandem with roaming...
Hybrid Eve is the best. It's just perfect from any point of view... this build is for Hybrid Eve, which focuses on getting a lot of AP and getting items that grant AD based on that.
I think that was a little bit hard to understand xD. I was referring to items like Lich Bane which grants you bonus AD equal to your AP after using an ability. BUT WAIT! Lich Bane also grants you a lot of AP! => C-C-C-COMBO!
The skill sequence is pretty simple and logical. Get your Shadow Walk first in order to check bushes in case of a potential enemy ambush when you entered them. Then Hate Spike to farm more succesfully and then Ravage again to start dealing some decent damage to the enemy. The rest is honestly up to you, but to cut the long story short, you should finish Hate Spike first because it's your only constant source of damage.
Then (really quick, actually ^^) finish Ravage to deal tons of damage, because this is going to be your real serious burst damage (unless you buy Deathfire Grasp, of course).
Shadow Walk should go last because personally I don't need more than 10 seconds of stealth, but it's up to you.
But here's what happened to me once:
Our team had destroyed the enemy inhibitors and nexus turrets, but was then kicked away (the enemies almost scored and ace when we were at their Nexus, lmao xD). When I respawned (level 18) the enemies were everywhere along the way to their Nexus, so I remembered Shadow Walk was finished (50 seconds of stealth) so I went stealthed all the way to their Nexus, used Agony's Embrace for more Attack Speed and destroyed it! *the enemies were at our base already, they didn't have time to get back*
Ignite is a pretty damn strong spell, especially early-game. The best way to use it is use Shadow Walk to walk stealthed to your target, then quickly Ravage and Ignite them. If it's not enough, some basics/ Hate Spikes will do it. Deadly.
If an enemy pushes a lane too hard, you need to get there ASAP. Assuming you are bot and someone is pushing top, there's no time to get there without Teleport. So PUNISH THOSE BASTARDS!
Flash is also a great escaping spell, but I doubt you will need it since you have Shadow Walk and Agony's Embrace to grant you stealth and movement speed, but I assumed those are on cooldown.
Quick note: Agony's Embrace uses no mana.
I think the Offense tree is pretty logical, right? ^^ You need some early game advantage, and since your stun is gone (therefore making ganks little bit harder) you're gonna need as much burst damage as possible. And if you manage to reach about 400-500 Ability Power then Hate Spike and Ravage are going to be deadly. I also chose some Attack Damage because your base AD is really lame, and what if you leave an enemy at very low health but Ravage is on cooldown and you have no mana for Hate Spike?
Since Evelynn is going to be focused a lot by the enemy (if they can see her, of course xD) a little armor can make a significant difference.
Last but not least, farming = spamming with Hate Spike = running out of mana pretty quick, since Eve's mana has been signigicantly reduced when she was nerfed. So some extra mana is perfect. Now I wanted to get to Swiftness but needed one more Utility point, which I put in reducing Recall time. Which can be useful when you are low on life and hiding in jungle to recall, when a second can really make a difference if someone has tracked you down. Finally, the Swifness is perfect for my type of Eve, which is going to switch lanes a lot.
- 9x Greater Mark of Magic Penetration for Magic Penetration
- 9x Greater Glyph of Scaling Ability Power for a great boost in AP/level
- 9x Greater Seal of Health for a nice increase in your HP to grant some more survivability, which Evelynn REALLY needs
- 3x Greater Quintessence of Scaling Ability Power for a even BIGGER boost in AP/level! xD
Personally, each rune for Ability Power I chose were per level, because it makes a bigger difference than plain AP IMO.
Start with Boots of Speed and two pots, Health Potion and Mana Potion. That's how I start, in order to later switch the boots into Boots of Mobility which are an absolute must-have for Evelynn since you are going to switch lanes a lot. Continue with Sheen in order to gain both Ability Power and Attack Damage which give you a pretty good start, and Sheen can (and should!) be turned later into a Lich Bane. Lich Bane seems to be made for Eve IMO. I mean, its gives you:
- 80 Ability Power
- 30 Magic Resist, since Evelynn is usually the most focused champion on a teamfight
- 350 Mana (perfect!)
- 7 Movement Speed multiplier (!)
- BONUS! After you use an ability, the next basic attack you use will gain bonus damage equal to your Ability Power (which, by the way, will be around 500! BAZINGA!)
I also build Rabadon's Deathcap because it gives a HUGE boost in Ability Power, then Rylai's Crystal Scepter because it grants a lot of AP as well as a significant boost in HP, since Evelynn's survivability is pretty low. Then, Morello's Evil Tome grants a lot of AP, Mana regen (NEED) and -20% cooldown reduction.
Finally, the last item in your build is up to you; the best choices are:
1. Abyssal Scepter, since it grants a lot of AP, Magic Resist and reduces the nearby enemies' Magic Resist, therefore making you even deadlier.
2. Deathfire Grasp, which except the Ability Power, Mana regen and cooldown reduction it grants also gives you a nuke that deals damage equal to 30% of your target's current HP + 3.5% more per every 100 AP.
3. One more Rabadon's Deathcap or just Ridiculously Large Rod if you don't have enough gold.
I honestly hope this build works for you, because it certainly does for me. Please leave comments, any constructive criticism is welcomed! Also tell me more about how you play Eve, I look forward to improving my own gameplay, and if I find out any better way to play Eve I'll make sure to let you know! Cheers!