Taliyah Build Guide by misterfirstblood
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
We recommend you take a look at this author's other builds.
Malphite's not alone anymore
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hello its me Misterfirstblood from euw.
Since i played Taliyah for the first time on midlane i realized her Abilities are rather made for the Jungle. (my opinion)
She doesn't scale very good with Ap Items because her scaling is just 0.4.
So i tried to Build her with runic echo, sorc boots, hextech GLP and rylaiz and it worked very fine for me.
- Utility is the key -
Why Jungle instead of mid?
- Bad Ap scalings
- Ability kit is made to gank lanes (slow,knockback,"teleport")
- She needs a wide area to deal more damage
- She doesn't benefit from her passive when playing on midlane
8x Magic Penetration Mark
1x Hybrid penetration Mark
3x Ability Power Quints
9x Flat Armor Seals
9x Cooldown reduction per level Glyphs
You could replace the penetration marks with attack speed to get a faster jungle clearspeed but when ganking you benefit more from the penetration runes.
If you have enough rune pages create another one with magic resistance per level in glyphs and chose this page against AP Comps.
Taliyah doesn't have a high burst damage because of her scalings. With Runic Echoes and Thunderlords you can change this.
Deathfire's Touch doesn't really make sence because of her cooldowns and the lack of burst damage.
After finishing your Runic echoes you can chose between Rod of Ages, Rylaiz and Hextech.
If you really want rod of ages you have to build it directly after finishing jungle Item. Everything else wouldn't make sence. I personally like to rush rylaiz first, combined with your E ability you have a lot of CC what makes it easier to land your Q. (main damage)
Hextech GLP is a very gold efficient item what makes it even more easy to hit abilities for you and the lanes you gank.
You can finish up your itembuild with Rabadons, Voidstaff, Abyssal, Liandry's or Hourglass.
Tipps & Tricks
- Use your Q foreach jungle camp you clear. When the camp is respawned you can use the earth again. Additionally you get movement speed while walking on used earth, so if your complete jungle is already used you get movement speed whereever you are -> increases your ganking speed & Jungle clear
- Make sure to gank after hit lvl 6. Your ultimate is the perfect gank tool what allows you to get an early advantage.
- The first levels in the jungle can be hard, so ask your teammates for a good pull and kite as much as possible.
- When ganking start with your E to slow your enemy and knock him away from his tower with your W. After he is knocked up/back you can make sure to land your Q to maximise your damage output.
- Don't always gank the same lane. After the earth is used you can't really deal damage on the same lane. So try to gank from another side or gank a different lane and wait 3 minutes to refresh the used earth.
- Try to force teamfights. Taliyah isn't good at taking objectives like dragon by her own but in teamfights she definitely is.
- Always move near to walls to increase your movement speed. -> increases jungle and gank speed
Pros / Cons
+ Strong Ganks
+ Early Snowball
+ Map Control / fast Movement speed
- Bad lategame scalings / Damage
- High cooldowns
- Objective Control
- High skill required
Taliyah is good against
- Midlaners without escape.
Champs like Velkoz can't really do something against the high range slow followed by a knockback.
- Bad early game champs.
Wards aren't enough to avoid a taliyah gank. As soon as she hit lvl 6 she can just fly across the map and gank.
- Melee Champs
Taliyahs Slow and knockup combined with Rylaiz and Hextech makes it very hard for melees to get closer to their targets.
Taliyah is bad against
- High mobility Champs
Taliyah's cooldowns are really huge, so if she miss her Abilities she just have 1 damage ability left and is an easy kill for champs like zed leblanc or lucian.
Taliyah doesn't has the highest burst in the game. Before you go for a void staff you have to finish a lot of other items, so tanks in midgame can be very annoying for a few minutes.
Taliyah is good with
- Yasou (combo)
- CC Teams cause than its easier to land her abilities
- Strong early game champs because she need to get early advantages and doesn't really have objective control
Atleast Taliyah is a funny but hard to play champ. "high risk high reward" is definitely true at this point.
If youre good at landing your skillshots and deny enemies vision you can snowball the game.
But if Taliyah is behind or in total lategame she can't really carry anymore. Other champs will just outscale her.
Please let me know your experience with my Guide and check out my Youtube channel.