Talon Build Guide by xXxkenzz321xXx
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
Talon is a really great champion , one of my favourite
Talon is also an assassin champion , which means he does really high burst damage and is able to take down most of his targets
My build helps to kill almost any champion in their layout , if not , takes down a huge amount of hitpoints off of their champions
Just a Reminder
Now Just a reminder , this is a guide on how I play Talon , its not the PERFECT guide that'll keep giving you wins , and most of these can be changed with other things but this is how i play him . Most of these are self preferanced , so if i say i dont use it , doesnt mean you should hate me or anything , its up to you on what you like to choose , if you like AD/ATS Talon , play that , if you like having 5 bloodthirsters and 1 boots of lucidity on Talon , play that . Im not stopping you , just play what build you like to play and just have fun
Pros and Cons
~Great Burst Damage
~Very low cooldowns that are able to get you in and out of a fight
~Very fun , easy and awesomez
~Easy to get kills
~Cant get out when ulti on cooldown and you jump into a fight with
~Gets owned by CC early game
~When in a lane with a ranged champion , you'll have a hard time farming and constantly get harrased
In this talon build , I've chosen alot of dps runes , and since i had them , i used them for talon as i like to play dps champions and sometimes tank champions.
Greater Mark of Desolation - This is for killing those tanky champions with tons of armor
- This is just needed for this build , as it focuses on using [*] Infinity Edge for pure crit damage as well as Sheen's proc
- Just essential for this build , helps to keep your cooldowns short and fast for chasing and escaping tight situations , especially in early game , but this loses out to late game
- If you guys think you can handle early game fairly well without the flat cooldown reduction that gives , then use this , its better in late game and helps to put out your max damage with talon's
Greater Quintessence of Desolation - Just a little help for those really tanky champions with loads of armor , combine this with [*] Last Whisper or [*] Youmuu's Ghostblade and their armor will mean nothing
- Great spell for talon , helps you to solo someone as this summoner spell reduces damage dealt to you . Also , its a great chasing mechanism , imagine after they flash , you'll still be able to reach them with a cutthroat as their too slow already
- One of the best spells to me in the game (self preference) , this really helps for escaping those tight situations . E.g your killing dragon and someone decides to crash the party , just flash over the hill and escape (ulti if needed if he flashes towards you). This is also a great chasing mechanism if your Cutthroat is out of range , just flash and Cutthorat then boom , he's dead
- Hmm , a good spell , especially when you ulti and then you ghost , the movespeed you have is just outstanding , good for chasing , but not that great for escaping fights like flash , none the less , an ok spell only
- I've seen some talon's perform well with this spell but i dont really fancy it , the Bleeding effect + this is actually pretty good , but i've chosen Exhaust over this because of those solo battles , its a good spell anyways .
Note : These Summoner spells are all based on self preference , choose what you fancy and own some champions with them
My masteries are usually the basic stuff you see on those DPS champions , 21 / 0 / 9 , Self Preferance anyways
Item Choices #1
Now as i'll explain in this section , Item Choice is VERY IMPORTANT , and i mean VVEERRYY IMMPOORTTANTT . Items can decide a win or a loss . In this part i will explain about your damage items and survivability items
- A must for Talon as it gives great damage output and a load of lifesteal (maximum of 100 damage and 25% Lifesteal) .
- Very Very good item for Talon as well , 80 damage , crit damage increased to 250% , crit chance 25% , what more could you ask for? Now i bet your wondering , 'Talon is an AD burst damage , why are you taking crit items?' . Well i've taken crit items for Talon's Noxian Diplomacy , it stacks with criticals and trinity's proc , so basically your doing 250% more damage with it alongside with trinity's proc .
- A very good item for Talon , gives you Cooldown reduction , armor penetration , and an active thats like a mini-ghost spell that increases attack speed , what more could you ask for?
- One of the best anti caster items in the game . It can block EVERYSPELL in the game as long as you see a barrier on top of your champion , WHAT MORE COULD YOU ASK FOR . It even gives more hp , more mana , and a touch of magic resistance to finish it off , very good item and is a must against a pure caster team .
- A very underrated item thats not really used . To be honest , its a really good item as well . It gives magic resistance and an active cleanse , helps if you just need to get our of that situation when your banshee's isnt up .
- Ahh the Trinity Force.. , a really expensive , but great item if you can get it out , this item , is B.A. , it gives 30 Attack Speed(nt that you need attack speed that much) , 30 Attack Damage , 30 Ability Power(not that you need ability power AT ALL) , 15% Critical Strike Chance , 250 Hp , 250 Mana , 12% movespeed . This is all also buffed up with its passives , a 25% chance to slow a target for 35% for 2.5s AND , upon casting a spell , increases your attack damage by 150% for one attack . Do i need to say any more?
- Really good item , gives 45 armor , gives 18% Critical Strike Chance , alongside with its 2% of hp converted into Damage , this combined with warmogs will not only get you a ton of hp , but a ton of damage as well as its armor .
- Really good late game , especially with the stacks you'll be getting , and dont worry about dying and losing the stacks , THE STACKS ARE PERMANENT , usually you'd combine this with an atma's impaler to get more AD and survivability as well .
- Yet another anti caster item , its good because it gives some AD and also because of its passive , gaining a 300 damage absorbing shield if you are brought down below 30% by a magic spell . This is great for fighting those pure AP bursters , like Brand , Karthus , Annie , Kassadin and many more .
- Very good item if those tanks are just TOO armor'd up and you cant finish them even with your runes , gives 40 attack damage and 40% Armor Penetration , i mean , 40%? That is alot if you ask me .
- If your not taking Mercury Threads , you can take this , a very underrated item , gives atk speed , attack damage , and tenacity which really helps talon a whole lot .
Item Choices #2
In this part , i'll explain about the boots .
- Its good for those AD/ATS kind but this is an AD burst build . AD burst to me is much better than atk spd Talon , and you do more damage output as an AD burst
- I just love these on Talon , gives me the mobility of running away , chasing , and going for a gank in another lane
- The dodge is nice , especially with the masteries and the runes , but i just prefer others , up to your playstyle
- Great item for Talon , especially with its cooldown reduction that makes Talon a huge pain . Really helps burst champions like Talon *depends on how you play him , AD burst , ATS or AD/ATS*
- My friends usually ask me why do i use boots of swiftness when there's boots of mobility out there? Well , i use Swiftness instead of Mobility because i like to be able to constantly have that movespeed . I also like the movespeed because when im running away i dont have to wait for the 5 seconds that they could catch up to me with .
Mercury's Threads - Ahh yes , dont you just love these? To me , this is a MUST against a CC team with loads of stuns , silences , slows . Make that in mind that Talon is VERY WEAK AGAINST CC . Keep that in mind that if you have purchased this , DO NOT BUY CLOAK AND DAGGER , as Tenacity does not stack .
Why Avarice Blade First? Why Not Brutalizer First?
Well in my opinion , i like to have the 5 gold per 10 item , helps me to get out my items faster than it would . Although Brutalizer gives armor penetration and cooldown reduction , i just prefer having avarice first because of the crit chance and gold per 10 , self preference .
- +10% damage if target is under CC of any sort , pretty good passive if you use Rake and start hitting him
- Nuke and applies bleed . Really good nuke, use after you initiate . Your Bread and Butter for this build , with just a Bloodthirster , Infinity Edge ,a Youmuu's Ghostblade and alongside a Sheen , you can do about 1k Critical hits to those squishies . Make sure you have that damage amp from Cutthroat first. Other than that , it applies bleeding effect and vision of the champion , so , you can backstab the enemy champion if he thinks he's safe behind a turret and starts to Recall , just jump in and kill him (flash out if needed)
- Area of effect slow and damage . Use this to prevent fleeing champions , this early game is a really good harrass on enemy champions and good for chasing and escaping , just turn behind and pop this out and start running
- Blink towards enemy champion and silences them for 1 second and amplifies damage taken by 15% from Talon . Really good spell for chasing and escaping , for example , a jungle is warded and the enemy know your in a brush and are chasing you , just pop this on a neutral creep and you can make your escape .
Take Note That By Using This Ability When Having Shadow Assault Does Not Break You Out From The Stealth Mode As It Does Not Deal Damage , This Is Good For Blinking Towards And Enemy Stealthed And Have ALL The Blades Hit Him , Also Good For Juking The Enemy By Blinking Towards Him And Running Behind .
- Great ultimate , low cooldown , high burst damage , great escape mechanism , speed boost + ghost + youmuu's = Usain Bolt , anyways . Remember to place yourself where almost all the blades will hit so you do really high damage to alot of the enemy , the stealth given also is a pretty good thing for escaping or whatnot's . Keep in mind that the blades do pop out in a circle around you , so position youself a lil behind a brush and then start making you move towards the enemy champion . With the speed boost , you should be able to reach the enemy champion unless if it was warded or you were not far back enough and he spotted the blades come out .
Getting Owned Early Game? / Cant Farm At All Because Too Low HP?
If this happens , try to ask for a lane switch or just get , the 100 health boost early game along with the damage is pretty good survivability . Dont sell the Doran's Blades unless if you have a very good item coming out as they are pretty decent
Teamwork With Your Team (Teamfights)
Make sure you wait awhile before making your entrance , you can either choose to ult in , or cutthroat in , to me , to ult in is best because if you position yourself correctly , you can do some serious damage to all enemy champions . Keep in mind that you DO HAVE TO WAIT FOR A FEW SECONDS BEFORE MAKING YOUR ENTRANCE , Talon is not and initiator . And also never go in thinking 'Oh , i'll get one kill and then i'll die' , no , never think like that , if you think like that , thats bad , for every death you make , your constantly losing farm time as well as gank time , defend time , killing time , helping time , which is essential for any game , so early game you have to make sure you do not die at all , or your most likely gonna have a bad game unless if your allies can back you up .
Never EVER engage somebody alone in a brush when they all missing , you never know whats in the next brush , unless you have it all warded . They could be doing dragon and you see somebody taking Blue Buff , you try to ambush him , next thing you know , its 5v1 and your dead . Also , never ever suddenly say 'GG' in the middle of the game when its only 22-10(team scores) , they can come back and start laughing back at you and you'll make yourself look like an idiot , so yeah , never do that .
THEIR TEAM IS FULL OF TANKS , I CAN BARELY DO DAMAGE TO THEM
Well , some premade games usually have their teams planned out , and maybe you'll see one of these , so these items really help you get back the damage you need on them
- Gives good armor penetration and cooldown reduction
- A really awesomez item for those hardcore armor pumpers , 40% armor penetration and 40 damage is really high for its price and its awesomez
- And another really awesome item is this , Madred's Bloodrazor . NOTE : ONLY BUY THESE IF THEIR STACKING HP ITEMS , IF NOT , ITS USELESS . Pretty good stuff , 4% of enemy champion's maximum health is turned to damage per hit , 25 Armor , 40 Attack Speed , 30 Attack Damage . Expensive , but really good against those tanks .
Finishing the Guide
So to sum it all up
-You need map awareness
-You need good positioning in a teamfight
-Always have your ult ready before jumping into a fight
-Take the kills if you are sure you can kill him before he runs towards a turret / another enemy champion
-Teamwork with your teammates , if your teammates are all friends , go on vent with them or Skype to make it even better
-Do not be overconfident
-Do not dive towers when you cant get the kill and just end up dying
-Do not kill somebody if your gonna get killed unless if he's on a legendary or something and you have no spree
-Make sure you and your team have a HUGE ward coverage , helps to ambush the enemy jungler when he's going to jungle at your place or ambush them doing baron/dragon
-Dont initiate , your not the initiator
-Make sure you ult behind the brush a little bit if not you'll be exposed
-Have fun with the guide and dont forget to comment and vote :D