Talon Build Guide by
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Pros / Cons
- Strong Burst Champion
- Strong Laner
- Good Harras
- Good Amount of CC ( Slow, Silence, Bleeding)
- Ultimate that can save your life
- Great AD Scaling
- Awesome Character Design
- Gets countered by armor
- Falls slighty of endgame
- Only a Counterpick
- Gets countered easily if first picked
- Not that usefull if not fed
- Mana problems when spamming
Runes and Masteries and Skill Sequence
Greater Mark of Lethality
Greater Mark of Attack Damage
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist
Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage
Greater Mark of Desolation The Armor Pen is really necessary for Talon because all of his damage is physical.
Greater Mark of Attack Damage A little AD boost for the start because Talons skills only scale with AD
Greater Seal of Armor Armor Runes are a must to counter Talons squishyness
Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist Magic Resist per level is a must when Talon is played in the mid, alternate runes would be Armor runes for Solo Top
Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage Even more AD, who would say no to that?
My standard masteries for Talon. Mostly picked Offense to boost his damage and some points in Utility to solve the Mana problems.
When leveling up you will mostly skill Rake for his good harras and last hitting and pushing potential. On level 2 you can either level Cutthroat or Noxian Diplomacy which is situational. When you can go in for a kill take Cutthroat otherwise take Noxian Diplomacy and wait for level 3 or 4 to get Cutthroat.
- Flash The-Get-Out-Of-Jail-Free-Card, usefull to catch up or to run away
- Ignite One of my favorite spells, especially with the DoT from Noxian Diplomacy it is very deadly
- Ghost You need to catch someone? Just turn Ghost on and then burst him to death!
- Teleport Another good choice to easily gank other lanes or return quickly to your lane after a gank
- Exhaust Another good Spell to slow an enemie and even lower his armor and resist
- Clarity When you know how to use your skills you should never OOM and with our Masteries we have enough Mana for laning phase.
- Heal You should not be focused in Team Fights and when you are low health the ult should save you
- Smite We are not in the jungle so dont take this spell!
- Surge We do not even have AP scaling and Attack Speed is not important
- Revive Do you even see someone taking this spell except Karthus or a troll?
- Promote Well its not really usefull and this giant minion just pushes your lane and makes you an easy target for the jungler
- Cleanse You should not be targeted in Team Fights and probably your carry will be CCed and not you
- Clairvoyance This is a support Spell and when you want map control: Buy wards!