Talon Build Guide by SQuallll
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
-Talon is a pure AD meele fighter with Low HP, so try to stay behind your teammates.
-In teamfights attack only when enemies have half of their HP, or less.
-Focus on enemies like: Sona, Soraka, Karthus, Ahri, Twisted Fate etc. (They don't have too much HP and Armor, so you will be able to murder them with full combo. Sometimes even without using Ultimate.)
-Farm as many minions as you can. With "W" skill (Rake) you can obliterate a whole group of them, but at the beginning remember about = Last Hitting.
-Get Red Buff regularly.
-Try to be unseen for your enemies. (They will come closer, believe me)
-Hide in bushes. (Traps and ambushes are the best options.)
-Kill only single opponents. If you are fed enough you can always try to make Double, or Triple kill, but that's not very safe. (However it works often)
-If you go with support - Ask him/her to buy "Mana Manipulator", cause Talon needs a lot of mana and fast mana regen. at the beginning of the game.
-With Nashor's Buff you probably you will be unstopppable killing machine in the game.
-Best champions for cooperation: Galio, Sona, Shen, Swain, Vladimir, Morgana, Ryze, Trundle, Kennen, Tryndamere, Sejuani, Vayne, Skarner.
I think that's all.
Hope you like this build.
GL & HF!
Kill well. :D
1. Doran's Blade
2. Boots of Speed
3. Boots of Swiftness
4. The Brutalizer
5. B.F. Sword
7. Inifinity Edge (You can buy "Pickaxe" first)
9. Trinity Force
10. B.F. Sword
11. The Black Cleaver
Now You have to sell:
-Boots of Swiftness
Instead of them you must buy:
-B.F Sword ---> The Bloodthirster
-Zeal ---> Phantom Dancer
All items you should have at the end:
1. The Bloodthirster
2. Phantom Dancter
3. The Brutalizer
4. Infinity Edge
5. Trinity Force
6. The Black Cleaver
+10% damage if target is under CC, decent passive
A decent passive, nothing too great but better than alot. A mistake that people do, is to build specifically to utilise this passive. Its not worth it, 10% is chump. Think of it as a nice bonus, nothing more.
Nuke and applies bleed. Good nuke, use after initiate.
An incredibly nice nuke since it resets the attack timer which is core in this crit based build. The bleed is a nice bonus, but the revealing of the enemy champion can enable another ally to cut the retreat path of fleeing enemy to finish him off. Very nice.
* Resets attack timer so time an auto attack before using this.
* Bread and butter skill late game, main source of burst.
* Use this before cutthroating to an enemy for maximum burst.
* High cooldown so its usage is fairly limited. Use this to initiate along with a charged Noxian diplomacy for maximum burst.
AOE slow and damage. Bread and butter skill early, use to prevent fleeing
Similar to Sivir’s throw, though does significantly less damage and range. Generally the bread and butter skill, since it provides a nuke but also most importantly, a slow enabling you to get close to unleash more crits and abilities (most notably Noxian Diplomacy)
* The main ability to slow enemies. Immediately use this after initiating to prevent fleeing.
* A staple ability to efficiently farm, especially against a tough lane enemy
* Post nerf talon is unable to spam this without running out of mana. Use sparingly and only to ensure creep kills or harass.
Blink towards enemy causing silence and amping subsequent attacks/ability. Initiate with this
Good skill to initiate with because of its silence which prevents immediate reactions; meaning a very short time to land some pot shots. You can also use this defensively. For example blinking to an enemy creep behind you, or using neutrals to juke and jive around shrubs.
* Standard blink towards enemy
* The ability does no damage itself however does briefly silence the target.
* Also resets attack timer.
* Use this ability creatively. When an enemy chamption comes to gank, cutthroat to them which silences them and puts you in a favorable position to escape.
Ultimate, on low CD, sick damage and speed boost. Use this as the killing blow.
Self explanatory, though the stealth does offer some utility in escaping messy situations. It also does do AOE damage, so if you place yourself correctly you can get some sick damage. The cooldown is rather low, so don’t be afraid to use it to clear creep waves to save a tower for example.
* Positioning is very important, deactivate when you are in front of fleeing target to ensure the blades will hit
* Be careful of popping ultimate since the blades do fan out resulting in the potential loss of surprise
* Generally, use this ability as the killing blow so that you have the choice of either diving or fleeing; its a good escape tool
* If you get CC'ed while stealthed, the blades will not come back to you. Essentially it will only do half damage so be weary of oracles or wards during team fights.
Talon is very good at farming. Level up his rake(W) as fast as possible to 5. This should exterminate whole minion wave. Many people can't understand the importances of balancing harassing with farming.
Just farm up well in early game & dominate late game.
If Talon is laning with a partner or support, choose a champion with good crowd control.
Talon can easily harass with his rake while still farming. Just use it while the enemy is standing near the minions you are trying to kill.
When an enemy have low HP, get the partner to stun or snare your target. Then you can teleport with your cutthroat to the enemy and use "Q" to defeat him.
Note that cutthroat will not only increase your damage but silence the enemy. Thanks to that they cant use their spells or abilities to escape before you kill them.
If Talon is on solo top - Once again focus on leveling up rake and farming with it. When Talon is alone he can harass more aggressively by using his "E" (cutthroat) to silence the target. If you do that, use the rest of your skills and run away before the silence ends. (It's hard, but possible).
There are two effective ways to play Talon in teamfights.
-The first way is to play like a normal assassin and stay behind your team hidden.
Only when the team's initiator starts team fight (tank like Rammus or offtank like Wukong), go there and focus their AP carry.
Because Talon has a silence which will prevent their AP carry from doing any damage.
-Second way to play him is - Is the role of the initiator.
This will work really well if the enemy team does not have too many stuns and slows.
You only have to Cutthroat into enemy AP carry and use ulti to enter stealth mode and run away.
This will cause enemy team to switch to another target.
A benefit of this is way is that you can deal some damage to every enemy on the field with the beginning and the end of your "R" (ultimate).
1. Be Confident
2. Stay Focused
3. Think before You act.
4. Be nice to your teammates, because without them you can't win.
5. Cooperate with the rest of your team.
Good Luck & Have Fun!
Kill well. :D
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"