Shen Build Guide by Lestrade
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Keeping An Eye on the Twilight!
To put things bluntly, I've always liked Shen: As a champion I think he's awesome, and as a character I think he's groovy! (That voice! @_@)
However, one issue I've always had with him was his reliance on his taunt for tanking. While people often rage about the strength of his taunt, I actually find it somewhat limiting - especially when it's literally his only form of peel. And a tank without good peel?
Well, they're not the most potent thing about at the moment!
With that in mind I began experimenting with changing Shen from a full on pure-tank to a more off-tank, heavy fighter type that could hold his own in duels... And one thing led to another, with this build!
- Don't underestimate your tankiness despite the lower amount of defensive items; Your taunt reduces incoming damage by 50%!
- While CDR is a good stat, the high energy costs of Shen makes it dubious to invest too heavily into it. Keep that in mind when building him!
- Whilst CSing or fighting with Trinity Force, remember that Feint can be used to quickly proc spellblade! Combining this with Ki Strike, and Shen can pump out surprising burst damage!
- Ki Strike is procced faster with higher attack speed, and in turn restores energy when it procs. Make sure to use your abilities much more with an offensive, AS build!
- Vorpal Blade combined with BOTRK can offer around 70 health per auto attack, allowing a more fighter oriented Shen to survive harsh damage providing he can keep his healing up!