Taric General Guide by
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Taric the Crystal of The Topla
Situational Damage Items
Example against Tanks
Example Against AD
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Taric is a champ with high potential for Toplane, but he gets forced so often to be a support so try this guide and you will see he is a lot of more then just a supporter, show your team if they flamed you for picking Taric toplane, he is insane. Since I Playing him on top I have a lot more fun with him and surprisingly I never lost my lane. So I hope you will have the same success then I had and enjoy the gems ;D .
There are some points you should think about:
1. in early game you dont deal much of damage so be carefull
2. think about the timing of your skills: Q --> when a teammate gets damage you heal him/her and yourself // W --> let you lose some armor so guess how much you still have to tank // E- deals more damage if you get closer, so try to get close as possible // R --> let you deal more damage so use it if possible as first skill of engage or directly after the E, because the cooldown is not high you can use it for objectives as well
3.in teamfights you are part or maybe the whole frontline so do what taric loves and swallow the damage, support your team and don't get greedy
4. you have not these killing potential like a darius or a jax so maybe let your jungler gets the first kill or even the second, you shouldn't forget about the farm your enemy loses, the money you get by assisting and the possibility for you jungler to help better on other lanes, you will make some kills but in early your jungler will have a good time
5. you have no escape so take care of keeping the river warded
6. don't be scared of getting pushed and/or losing farm normally you have more sustain so just wait for the right moment(a gank, or enemy get oom )
Pros / Cons
-enemies wont know how to deal with it pretty often
-they guess you are only support and underrate your damage in early and mid game
- you are a strong tank
-still got his usefull supportive attributes
-a lot of sustain
-1 cc spell
-really hard until level 3
-not so easy to farm
-W loses part of the power while playing against AP
-no jump or escape
-will be flamed for picking Taric not for support
Please tell me what you like or dislike i want to help, so please help me getting better
that is my first guide I hope it is kind of usefull, I have a lot of succes by playing like I described so I am hoping i did not forget anything and you will have fun and success too.
BTW I learned english not since I am born so please don't flame me because I spelled something wrong or my grammar sucks, if you understood almost all I did it good enough I guessed