Build Guide by Acolon
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
(PS - I don't really have any preference for runes, so if anyone can help me out here, that'd be great)
This build stacks AP and the use of Deathfire Grasp to quickly overwhelm enemies with damage and his stun.
Taric sacrifices little survivability, requires an intermediate player to use this build because it is based on surprise, and catching your opponent unaware.
- Start off with Meki's Pendant, allows you to spam your spells a little more often
- Play it safe, harass with stun at your own tower
- Get Kage's Lucky Pick
- Get your Deathfire Grasp ASAP
As soon as you get your deathfire grasp you can use the item, stun, explode shield and if you have your team mate there, instant death for the unfortunate gankee.
By now you'd be having fun ganking people, bought your Boots of Mobility which enables you to jump around lanes, positioning yourself for the ultimate gank. And when you solo gank Katarina the opposition is messaging "WTF".
Now is the time to get your Rod of Ages, and start stacking its hp/mana/ap, it takes around 15min for the full stack, so getting it at mid game is fine because you need this extra stats for end game team battles. IF you're not a tank, or being targeted by the other team you *could* possibly skip this item, again up to you and the situation.
If your ganking very successfully you should build the LichBane, or atleast the Sheen part to it. Movement speed, mana, ap, and the incredible attack buff certainly does not go astray.
Archangels staff is a good item to get here, the extra mana, and then the 3% of max mana as AP goes down very nicely with this build.
Go for the Nashor's Tooth, the 25% CD reduction allows you to cast your stun and aoe more often, making you more efficient in frontlines, and the AS gets your mana up faster because of Taric's passive (when you hit things mana goes up!).
So usually with a competent team, and this ganking build, you wouldnt get this far..
But if you do and the other team is really good, or your team is just.. bad.. and lets face it you sometimes get that.
Zhona's Ring is a must, its an instant "OH SH-" button, and the AP allows you to heal epicly and gives your stun a big boost.
No longer is Taric the support who sits back and bakes cookies for the team. He is in the front lines of each conflict dpsing and taking down the opposition one stun at a time.
- Rod of Ages in place of Hextech for better survivability and stacked AP/health/mana: Important to note that you get it asap after your deathfire grasp so you can start stacking as much as you can.
- Placed Lichbane first before Archangels as I personally believe it offers more in the way of dps but it all depends on your play style
- Thanks to Nagna for the feedback; added runes to help with CD reduction and added Nashor's tooth to the build
- Minor change to the skill rank order, I've noticed when I play, that I need a more effective heal earlier on over radiance HOT.