Teemo Build Guide by Zadio
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hello everyone in MOBAfire. My name is Taggio (NA server) and I've been playing this game for about a year and a half. At first did not understand much of the game, but then eventually I began to understand what was the game about. More than six months of play were with Teemo and I would like to introduce you in all the ways that Teemo can be played.
Well, before proceeding with the guide I would like to note that I speak Spanish and that I'm using the translator for the guide, so I appreciate that if you find any spelling error in the guide to tell me. Also, I would like to know why you upvote or downvote my guide, so don't forget to leave a comment below (:
Teemo is a legend among his yordle brothers and sisters in Bandle City. As far as yordles are concerned, there is something just slightly off about him. While Teemo enjoys the companionship of other yordles, he also insists on frequent solo missions in the ongoing defense of Bandle City. Despite his genuinely warm personality, something switches off inside Teemo's mind during combat so that the lives he must end while on patrol do not burden him. Even as a young recruit, the drill instructors and other trainees found it a little disconcerting that, while Teemo was normally charming and kind, he turned deadly serious and highly efficient the minute combat exercises began. Teemo's superiors quickly steered him toward the Scouts of the Mothership, which is one of Bandle City's most distinguished Special Forces unit alongside the Megling Commandos.
While most yordles do not handle solo scouting missions with a great deal of finesse, Teemo is remarkably efficient at them. His record of success in defending Bandle City from infiltrators easily makes him one of the most dangerous yordles alive, though you'd never know it by having a cup of honey mead with him at his favorite inn. Bandle City chose Teemo as their first champion for the League, and he has taken to it like a duck to water. His signature weapon - a blowgun - uses a rare ajunta poison he personally gathers from the jungles of ***ungu. To help cope with his lengthy periods of isolation, Teemo recently struck up a friendship with Tristana, a fellow League champion and fellow member of Bandle City's Special Forces. This connection is healthy for both yordles, though now Valoran's voracious media outlets circulate rumors that the friendship is turning into a romantic relationship. Regardless, Teemo is a crowd favorite in the League of Legends, and a pint-sized foe that many have come to fear.
'' Teemo rides a thin line between chipper compatriot and unrepentant killer, but there's no one else I'd rather have as a friend.'' - Tristana
Pros & Cons
Pros (AP Caster)
• Great nuker with Blinding Dart (And it gets better when you get Lich Bane).
• It has a good early game and a harasing mid and late game.
• Has his own Ghost! ( Move Quick).
• Can give map control to his team with Noxious Trap.
• Gives free kills to your when you know how to place Noxious Trap correctly.
• Noxious Trap deal very good damage.
Cons (AP Caster)
• Squishy early game.
• Usually focused in teamfights. (We will talk about that later on the guide)
• Can be easily map-countered if you don't know how to place Noxious Trap.
Pros (AD Carry)
• Deals great damage with Toxic Shot.
• Tank Destroyer ( Madred's Bloodrazor)
• Great chaser when he gets Frozen Mallet
• Good pushing/farm abilities
Cons (AD Carry)
• Squishy early game
• Usually focused in teamfights
• If your mid is doing very good, enemy team will build MR, and that will reduce your damage A LOT.
Skills & Skill Sequence
Teemo is a champion that can be played in a lot of different ways, but in this guide, I'm going to teach you how to play him as an AP Caster and as an AD Carry. To be played as an AP Caster his most powerful (yes, let's call it like that) spell will be his Blinding Dart while if we play him as an AD Carry it will be his Toxic Shot. Let's see why:
• This is Teemo's passive. Is useful in many ways, so as to protect your jungler by being a ''free ward'' or to take advantage of your mobility ( Move Quick) and go away the time required to get invisible.
• + Free stealth
• + Great for surprise attacks.
• + Not a great scape mechasinm, but a viable one.
• - Hard to calculate non-stealth and stealth time when you start with the champion.
• - Can be countered with Oracle's Elixir or Vision Ward.
• This is Teemo's Q ability and his main source of damage as an AP Caster. As an AD Carry the damage is not that great, but it helps a lot to counter the enemy AD Carry.
What I mean by this? Teemo's Blinding Dart (as the name says) blinds the enemy that it hits, causing it to miss all his next AA's for the next 1.5 / 1.75 / 2 / 2.25 / 2.5 seconds.
• + Great nuker by playing AP Teemo.
• + Synergizes great with Lich Bane and Rylai's Crystal Scepter
• + Nice spell to counter the enemy carry.
• - Is not that fast.
• - Well that's no real con, but enemy's can still cast spells.
• This is Teemo's W ability. Is a great ability from early to late game since it ups your movement speed. This helps a lot for chasing/scaping and prevents to be extremely necessary to buy boots. But that's not all, this ability also has an active that it doubles the bonus movement speed received from it (Yes, kinda' of a Ghost) for 3 seconds.
• + Free Ghost!
• + Great chasing mechanism.
• + Great scaping mechanism.
• - If Teemo gets damaged you lose the bonus movement speed, and if you don't have boots it makes you totally vulnerable.
• This is Teemo's E ability and it's Teemo's main source of damage by being played as an AD Carry. Since it consumes ability power (+0.14 per ability power) on-hit and (+0.14 per ability power) over-time it's a great source of damage by being played as an AP Caster too.
• + Great damage dealer.
• + Synergizes great with Malady, Wit's End, and Madred's Bloodrazor.
• + You don't just deal extra on-hit damage, you poison your target too.
• - Can be damage-reduced if the enemy team gets magic resist.
• This is Teemo's ultimate. I love this shrooms, they are just perfect: they give you map-awareness/control (Which may determine some games) and deal tons of damage if played AP Caster Teemo. I will not extend more here, because I'm going to dedicate a whole chapter to this babes.
Greater Mark of Magic Penetration: Teemo deals magic damage. You get magic resistance on-hit reduction from Malady, that's why we need this babes.
Greater Seal of Ability Power: Teemo deals magic damage, this is a good source to implement that damage from early game. This will make your early game a lot stronger.
Greater Glyph of Ability Power: Teemo deals magic damage, this is a good source to implement that damage from early game. This will make your early game a lot stronger.
Greater Quintessence of Ability Power: Teemo deals magic damage, this is a good source to implement that damage from early game. This will make your early game a lot stronger.
Greater Mark of Magic Penetration: Teemo deals magic damage on-hit with Toxic Shot and Wit's End, we get this red babes to do more damage with this.
Greater Seal of Armor: +13 armor at level 1. It helps a lot to fight the enemy carry.
Greater Glyph of Attack Speed: AD Carry Teemo's main damage dealer is Toxic Shot, more attack speed to hit more times, in less time.
Greater Quintessence of Attack Speed: AD Carry Teemo's main damage dealer is Toxic Shot, more attack speed to hit more times, in less time.
Well, I see that you read on, I am proud of that. Anyway, now I explain why I chose the objects that I choose:
Progress of the Guide
06-14-2012: Created the guide.
06-14-2012: Added Item Selection chapter to the guide.