Syndra Build Guide by TheFuzzyOne
Mastery Tree Is Outdated
WARNING: These masteries are still using the old tree and have not been updated to the new tree by the guide author. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Pros / Cons
+ Good AOE Damage
+ Great Utility Spells
+ Excellent Farming
+ Incredible Burst Damage
+ Low Cool Downs
+ Spells Combo Well
- Very Mana Intensive
- Lack of Mobility
- Incredibly Squishy
- High Skill Level
- Lack of Early Game Sustain
- Short Range
- 4/4 With this build you will be rushing an early Catalyst the Protector to address Syndra mana problems and as a result you will want to stack as much early AP as possible to help with your early game poke.
- 4/4 You already have short cool downs why not make them even shorter for better poke with your Dark Sphere
- 1/1 When combined with your Greater Mark of Magic Penetration this should give you enough magic pen to negate most people in most games
- 3/3 You are an AP carry doing damage is sort of your job and as such you should get anything that helps you deal damage!
- 4/4 Along the same reasons as Mental Force you should work to establish as much early AP as possible
- 4/4 Ummmmm 5% more ability power? YES PLEASE!
- With your Unleash Power you do a lot of damage combined with the damage boost from this and Ignite you can almost guarantee a kill every time
- 1/1 Flash is just such a useful spell it can be used defensibly to get out of the way or dip out over a wall or offensively to chase down a spell. All in all the reduced cool down is just amazingly useful.
- 3/3 Because of the short cool down on your Dark Sphere you will burn your mana very quickly spamming poke as such the increased mana will come in very handy.
- 1/1 This is mostly a filler spell but is still useful in its own right.
- 3/3 As with the explanation for Expanded Mind the increased mana regen you get here will help you out especially in your early game.
- 1/1 Your jungle should at WORST give you the second Crest of the Ancient Golem and as such you should make that last as long as possible.
- Greater Quintessence of Ability Power: These Quints will give you the majority of your early game AP and give you the needed poke you to keep yourself from being pushed off lane
- Greater Mark of Magic Penetration: You will need some amount of magic pen to really do your full potential for damage. When you combine these runes with
this will give you enough for most situations unless they are stacking very heavy magic resist.
- Greater Glyph of Ability Power: As with your Greater Quintessence of Ability Power this will give you that early AP you need to keep yourself in lane and make farming your CS easier
- greater seal of replenishment: Combined with your Catalyst the Protector this will give you enough early mana regen to keep you on lane and farming your CS until you can back for one of your early Rod of Ages
These items should be your core build for MOST games with the purchase order as follows.
: You do not have the best range early game so the ability to move around and get you pokes in and help avoid any poke from your enemy is your best bet as a 1st purchase.
: This needs to be a VERY early purchase for you. It will give you the early mana regen that you will desperately need to keep from going OOM. It will also build nicely into a Rod of Ages to help you from being too squishy.
- scorer's shoes: The magic pen here is helpful for any AP mid and will help you to do more damage during the match
: Make sure to get this item early to let it build up during the game. Its +Health, Mana, and AP make it a very solid all around item for most AP carries
: This will be your largest AP boost and will increase your AP based on every other damage item you get. It scales incredibly well and is a must for virtually all AP carries
: Here you can get some spell vamp which will keep you in fights longer and subsequently able to deal more damage in the long run. It can also be very helpful in the team composition because of the aura if you have any other AP heavy team members.
- : This is just an amazingly clutch item. It will give you a massive AP boost when combined with Rabadon's Deathcap and also a significant increase to your armor. The activated ability on this item is incredibly useful if used correctly it will invariably save your life at some point during the game.
: This is a good item to pick up if you are being beat in your lane. The increased magic resistance will give you a leg up against your opponent quit easily. It is also very helpful if you see that the enemy team is stacking a lot of magic resistance to counter you and or your other team mates.
: You can grab this item if you are being bullied out of lane and losing CS this will give you a little bit of an AP boost and will help keep you from falling too far behind.
: You can pick this item for two reasons. First if you are incapable of getting
Crest of the Ancient Golem
and you are having a lot of mana problems. Second if you are facing a very AP heavy team and find yourself needed a lot more magic resist.
- : This is also an item you should grab in specific situations for two reasons. First if you find yourself being Very focused and your Zhonya's Hourglass is not enough to save you. Second if your team is lacking a slow or CC in general this can help you and your team out immensely.
Each of Syndra basic abilities gain an extra effect at maximum rank
Transcendent is a passive ability that grants Syndra's basic abilities a bonus effect when they are leveled to rank 5.
Conjures a Dark Sphere at a target location, dealing magic damage. The sphere lasts for up to 6 seconds and can be manipulated by Syndra other abilities.
Dark Sphere is a ground targeted area of effect ability that deals magic damage to all enemy units in the targeted area and creates a Dark Sphere at that same location. Dark Spheres last 6 seconds and can be affected by Syndra's other abilities. Dark Sphere deals bonus damage to champions when it is at rank 5.y
Force of Will
Grabs a dark sphere, enemy minion or neutral monster then throws the grasped Dark Sphere or enemy at a target area
Force of Will's first cast is a targeted ability that grabs a target Dark Sphere, enemy minion or neutral monster. The second cast is a ground targeted area of effect ability that throws the grabbed unit towards the target area, dealing magic damage to all enemy units, including the grabbed one if it was a minion or monster, and slowing them upon impact. Force of Will's slow duration is increased to 2 seconds at rank 5
Scatter the Weak size
Knocks enemies and Dark Spheres back, dealing magic damage to them and any enemies they collide with
Scatter the Weak is an instant conic skillshot that knocks enemies and Dark Spheres back a varying distance depending on how close they are to Syndra upon cast. All affected spheres stun and deal magic damage to all enemy units they collide with. Any enemy units knocked back take magic damage and deal the same amount of damage to other enemies they collide with. Scatter the Weak's area of effect is 50% wider at rank 5.
: Draws upon Syndra's full cataclysmic power, harnessing all Dark Spheres to deal magic damage per sphere
Unleashed Power is a targeted ability that deals magic damage to a single enemy champion depending on how many Dark Spheres are active upon cast. Syndra will first use the three spheres floating around her before any other active Dark Spheres, this is what effectively gives this ability its minimum damage.
- : You should always lead each fight with this spell and ALAWAYS Rank it 1st. This is your highest damage ability with Syndra shortest cool down. The Idea with Dark Sphere is to poke your enemy down to about half health and prep the battle field with at least one sphere but preferably two.
- : Use this ability after you have poked your opponent down. The idea with this is that you are going to move a sphere onto them and slow them, but its more complicated than just that. Moving this will cause your opponent to back up as they are slowed and will be fearful of a flash kill or another Dark Sphere that will be hard to avoid as they are slowed. which is the key you now have a Dark Sphere placed in close proximity to them.
- : Now your enemy is slowed and at hopefully about half health and slowed do to Dark Sphere + Force of Will this should allow you to close the gap and get close enough to use your ability. If you combo this correctly with using Force of Will 1st then you should get a 1.5 second stun off because you had a sphere placed that will collide with them.
- : At this point your enemy is rather wounded and should be stunned thanks to a proper combo with Scatter the Weak this should allow you to walk up and secure a kill with unleash power and if necessary you can always Ignite them just for good measure]]
In Game Play
Thank you everyone for taking a look at my guide I hope it was helpful and any feed back to help me in the future would be amazing!
Balls to the Walls: a guide to teabagging your enemies
Syndra, a New Look for Season 3
Hungry for Power - Syndra Guide
[S3] Syndra - Infinite Potential