Not Updated For Current Season
So who the hell are you?
An excellent question, fellow Summoner! I'm Evil Soully, been playing League since the start of Season 2, and I've gotten around. Every role in every meta, I've played, fed, gotten fed, silently raged, everything your average veteran does. As of the end of Season 5, I'm sitting happily in Platinum 4 on EU West.
What do you mean by the title?
Again, excellent question. Out of every champion I've played in the game, there is one who I recommend that EVERYONE learn, regardless of your main role. Why? Because he does everything you want from a champion, short of one-shotting the enemy ADC. Crowd control. Vision control. Last hitting. Lane harass. Peel. Engage. Disengage. Relocating allies. Roaming. Zoning.
To learn League of Legends, you learn Thresh.
Will you expand this guide in the future?
Perhaps, if people request me to. But honestly, the vast majority of Thresh's gameplay will come naturally to you after only a short time. But, for now, have some general tips:
- Go for a charged E autoattack on the squishiest enemy in the enemy duo lane as often as you can afford. A few hits will have them giving up farm to avoid your harass.
- Grab those souls, but don't get yourself or your teammates killed for them. If collecting a few soul would result in you taking hits from the enemy, consider throwing your lantern to grab them instead, if you're safe enough in lane to do so.
- Flay the enemy into your team while engaging, away from your team while disengaging. Probably a little patronising here, but it's worth noting. A flay in the wrong direction can sometimes do more harm than good.
- If your ADC does something dumb, back off and throw them a lantern. Don't throw yourself into an already lost fight, give your ADC a chance to get out alive the safe way.
- Remember your item actives.
- WARD. OFTEN.
- NO. SERIOUSLY. WARD.
- Use your trinket on any bush you know or suspect the enemy team have been near. If you find a ward, great! If not, they haven't warded there, so great!
- Try to leave the kills for your allies if possible, but don't be afraid to secure them. Better that you take it than let them get away. If you're worried, a simple "sorry for ks" into teamchat should be fine.
- If you have room in your inventory and do not need the money to FINISH an item, buy a pink ward if you don't already have one on the map. They're cheaper now, and supports get more gold than ever these days.