Garen Build Guide by king_morisa
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
spinning to crit with heavy am
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Threats to Garen with this build
Hey,it's me again King Morisa.
This is my fourth guide on Mobafire about Garen.I hope it will also have such a sucess,like the other one.Let's have fun with my garen guide.Unleash the beast!
- nearly unlimited sustain,thanks to Perseverence ,so that he can stay long on his lane
- nice mobility,because of the bonus movement speed or Decisive Strike
- your q is a auto attack reset-->OP
- long silence in your Decisive Strike
- heavy early dmg from your Judgment
- garen's w spell Courage,gives you bonus amor/mr,which scales with number of killed minions(caps at 30 Bonus mr/armor)
- Moreover it reduces the incoming dmg
garen has no mana/energy/resources
- garen needs much gold to be effiecent
- has a high kite potencial
- not so strong without passive
Runes-spinning to crit
In this offensive garen build,i recommend to take 7 of the greater mark of armor penetrationand 2 quintessences of amor pen.This will crush the enemies armor
Additionally u should pick 2 attack dmg marks,because it is always helpful on top
the same applies for the seals
The Greater Seal of Armor is a must-have.But u will only take 7 of them
For reducing ad it make sense to take one quint of armor
BTW:This are very offensive runes.The runes and your build should depend of course on the aspects of the opponents.Note this.
This is a mixture of tank and ad,where your will only build only one dmg item
So,your runes are smimilar to that.This means u take the Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist to be not so vulnerable to ap bruiser,like Katarina
But you needn't renounce on the greater mark of armor penetration.
Against the enemy tank,it's a very nice tool,to kill him
The Greater Quintessence of Health Regeneration will reinforce your passive,so that the heal pots will be useless and unneccessary
An alternative is to take max health quints but then your passive isn't so strong
The Greater Glyph of Magic Resist is for case,that your play against an ap top laner,like Ryze
Like the title of this guide,u play an tank garen.
Thats why i recommend very defensive runes.
For each top laner the Greater Seal of Armor is usefull and necessary.
In the quints i recommend the percent health rune.It makes u nore tankier in ealy so that u can stay longer on lane to get farms:And garen is a champ who needs much gold to be efficient
The five dmg marks arent necessary.Instead of them you can put marks of armor pen,etc.
But i think it's a good choice to increase your dmg output
Three marks of health do the same as the the Greater Quintessence of Percent Health
With [dorans shield] u will be already a super tank lvl 1.
- concentrate on your last hits
- its not worth to kill a minion who is too deep,because your Opponent can kite u hard
- Play safe so that u trigger your passive and t orecover very fast
- If u wanna trade your opponent wait for an lvl up so that yoo are ahead
Then you go in a bush and charge out of it.To do this right and have sucess in your trade u should follow this rules:
1.Use your q to silence enemie,so that he cant jump away like Gnar with his Hop
2.Then activate your e spell because your victim cant flee during the silence
3.Then try to aa him
4.Wait for your CDs and drop him so low so that u can dunk him with your Demacian Justice